What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Binary Options

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
does anyone know anything about them, do you actually stand a chance of making money with them? i notice when i search for info i get tons of links to sites with magical systems for money making with them, or binary option platforms saying how great it is. hard to actually find an independent source of information.

so whats the truth about these things?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
The way I see it, if it was legit, the sites would not give out double your money bonuses when you put money into it. I mean that's how they attract people. If you could make money easy using it, why whould they give out bonuses? Raking your winnings sounds like what they should do if they were legit.

Just my 2 cents.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well yeah those bonuses come with strings, if you take the bonus you have to spend the bonus ammount times 30 before you can withdraw 1 penny.

anyway, it's obvious it's not some magical way to make money, but is it possible if you study the trends to actually make a profit, thats more what i wonder. i started playing around with 60 second trades 5 euro at a time and i have to say i have a feeling if i study it i will learn t recognize trends and predict the short term events under certain conditions. but yeah it's probably wishful thinking. in the end it's a bit like gambling lol. but yeah don't take the bonus if you don't want to be bound to trade 30 times the bonus amount, lol. took me 3 hours to read the whole terms of use, lmao.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
in gambling, those bonuses and promotions also are called "the hook". and it's for a good reason.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
good point. i just find it interesting, cause you only have 2 choices, up or down and it relates to what the stocks and currencies are actually doing in real life. so with some study and general knowledge of news events one should be able to have a slight edge. there is also certain currencies that will go back and forth like a clock allowing you to predict which way it's going in the next minute to 1 hour. for example the eu just announced higher then expected growth this last quarter, as a direct result the euro has gone up in relation to pretty much every other currency.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
There is no easy way to get rich if there was, everyone would be doing it.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
well, it's pretty easy to get rich if you have lots of money. too bad most of those that wanna be rich don't have the piles of money needed for good, short therm investments.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
well, it's pretty easy to get rich if you have lots of money. too bad most of those that wanna be rich don't have the piles of money needed for good, short therm investments.

Yeah but see that's not getting rich, that's getting richer, big difference. While getting rich is relatively hard, getting richer is a piece of cake. I mean hell in 2012 the top 10 percent in the US took home more than half of the entire Country's wealth which set a new record high. The top 1% took home one fifth which is the highest level since 1913. It's got to be easy if you can make record setting profits during a recession.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/the-rich-get-richer-through-the-recovery/

hanfiking

I was actually very successful trading binary options using iqoption. made a few thousand
with different strategies. really the most important thing is to find a good strategy that
works for you and incorporates a really good risk management. the only reason people lose
is because a they get cocky b they get emotional and c they get greedy

but im on a bigger horse now called spread betting