What's new

billygoats thai !!

G

guest123

apologies to billy goat for getting the seed in so late , few probs were experienced late in the season here .. but managed to get some harvested thai bud that im smoking on now ..
this has been grown in a very similar climate to thailand , outdoors of course !! as it was late season , the plants were only small , but i was amazed at how they packed on the resin , and have to say it was compareable to strains ive grown like c99 in that area ...
the bud result , definately a sativery look to it , and smell , not that strong on the smell , almost a musty earty smell ..
the smoke to tell the truth shocked me , im really smashed here , the bud didnt look or really smell like it would deliver the punch it has ,, my eyes felt it first , fuzzy , hazy kind of feel , very high and euforic feeling .. the taste of the smoke reminded me of african sativa , as does the high a little , perhaps similar to swazi ... i like it .. thanks for letting me try it bg , big thumbs up , and hope to show you something better sooner ....

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
nice BG... I just love Thai... the creamy flavor, the great expansion and the puffy eyed high... good deal Wally ~

G

Thanks Wally. Can't wait to see those babies with the longer season. Man you had me so wonder on those seeds. Sent out two packages and you got the second before the first one. Then the first one shows up a month or two later. Crazy for sure. Glad you like it and hope the next run yeilds you better. Can't wait to grow some out myself and do alittle more breeding with her. Still have some of the seeds the parent stock was made from and plenty brother and sisters. So, once i'm up and running. There are going to be more seeds availble and plenty of testing to get this girl where i want her. Thanks again for the help
Take care,
BG

Mojave Dave

Thai???

Thai???

Howdy guys,

I am sooo interested in finding a place to buy real, honest-to-goodness Thai Stick. I'm hoping (beyond hope, actually) that this is the strain you're discussing, and not a hybrid.

I smoked some of the original Thai Stick in the earlly 70's back in Southern Califonia, and I have yet to find anything that even comes close to that dreamy, euphoric high that only that particular strain seems to be cabaple of producing for me.

Could you maybe offer a little direction as to where I might find some of that strain, please? I would certainly appreicate it! Also, I'd be glad to trade for them, in the event I have something you or anyone else with Thai seeds to trade is interested in, of course. I have lots of seed bank seeds, still in their original packets. I can get pretty much anything I want. Except for Thai Stick!

Later!

Mojave Dave

G

BG kickin ass with the Thai x Thai jammy jam !

Good show Wally

Tex

G

guest123

i think some of billy goats thai , bancock betty is on seedbay , correct if wrong .. and yes mojave dave , you will not be disappointed in this one , so long as you have the climate to reproduce what you remember from the old thai , you wouldnt get the same representation indoors i wouldnt think ... but i have some indoors to see , lookin nice and sativery and resiny ... not sure i could call the plant im smoking choclatey though , but definately pleasent dessert ...

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
nice report wally. I can't wait to grow the few BG seeds I have. I suspect I'll start them around Sept when my indoor unit cools down some. Wally, you looked to be having a great time in Jamaica in the DVD as well. Keep doin what you do brother.
cc

G

Sounds very good Wally! I apreciate the report on the thai. You don't get to read a lot about thai these days. Big thanks for both you and BillyGoat for sharing the happy Thai feelings.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
" the bud result , definately a sativery look to it , and smell , not that strong on the smell , almost a musty earty smell ..
the smoke to tell the truth shocked me , im really smashed here , the bud didnt look or really smell like it would deliver the punch it has ,, my eyes felt it first , fuzzy , hazy kind of feel , very high and euforic feeling .. the taste of the smoke reminded me of african sativa , as does the high a little , perhaps similar to swazi ... i like it .. thanks for letting me try it bg , big thumbs up , and hope to show you something better sooner ...."

Good show Wally. Sounds like some nice pot.

Great report.... i love readin theses smoke reports. Thanks for the time and effort...

thanks,
bartender187

G

Any chance of an outdoor pic of the thai girls wally?
be nice to see how it looked under the big ol' aussie sun.

G

guest123

i do have one leeroy , ill try dig it up for you .. also have one of these ladies flowering indoors , looks lovely ,, ..

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
how many

how many

How many females did you grow out Wally?Were they mostly similar?

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Good to see the Tests on these starting

Good to see the Tests on these starting

Been following Ms.Gs Test grow of Bancok Betty. :woohoo:
So Lucky
I got 2 seeds! I can't wait to pop em.
But waiting for the right time. Now anit it.:wallbash:

Thai Stick in the 70s I remember so well. By far the Best Smoke I have ever had.
Hands down. A BUZZ not a Stone, My Face was Numb, my eyes where so droopy:bigeye:,my Mom Knew Right away I was High. Family Reunion, bad timming. I was OUT OF IT. :biglaugh:

If I remember right it had a Spicy Flavor to it, almost ummm.... Pepper? Not has hot though.... god that was so long ago, I still Pine after it like my old High School Sweetie.
Other descriptions of Thai Stick I have read souind Just like what I had. So even though I can't say for Sure it was REAL Thai... I'm pertty sure now it was!

It will be very intresting to compare Past and Present. If it's 1/4 of what the old Thai was like.. This will put your Dick in the Preverbal Watch Pocket! :wink: I don't care what kind of tolarance you have! :bat:

Best to you all!
Rock On Wally! :headbange:
Thanks GDW Thur My Pal Leeroy! :friends:
Sin

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
remember

remember

How blood shot your eyes would get off sticks?So red it looked like they were bleeding.My eyes don't hardly ever get red,maybe just a little bit sometimes.But on that shit back then,,,,it would look like I got stabbed in my eyes,,,no going to class for the rest of the day,Literally!

G

guest123

ahh the memories i see flooding back for many ,, nice ones werent they ,,,.. first smoke for me was thai stick , i recall sitting eating my tea from above the table ,, talk about high .. lol ...
i would have to stop toking for a day or so at least to give a real accurate report , but amongst the crew im toking with at the moment , the thai is definately the favourite , not for taste , its just the high is so nice ... and y es it sure does affect the eyes ...
i only have 4 females , one harvested , 2 veging , and one in a flower room , looks real nice , but will be revegged again soon .. still have a bunch of seed though so plenty more to grow , looking foward to seeing them at their best , basking in the tropical sun , high in the mountains , amongst the volcanic soil , it doesnt get much better than that ....

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
To a T Capt. Crip

To a T Capt. Crip

The Eyes have it!
A few years later when I was in Washington State ( Ft. Lewis )
This Old Dude was selling VaccumPacked Hawaiian. Or he said it was Hawaiian. This would of been like 1982-83ish. It HAD TO BE HYDRO, even back then. If this was Outdoors "Well just hard to believe how GOOD this was!" Not that Outdoors anit the Best, it just looked so much like to days Indoor Stuff. Almost as good as the Thai. Who ever was growing this was a Master.
SKUNK For Sure. Then poor Dude got Busted. Ended our Hawaiian days. Couldn't find it after that. ... Lucky though for Him, they didn't give the Old Dude any Jail time. He didn't grow it just sold it for his son. :chin: Maybe he just didn't want to sell to us any more. Anyway, Off Topic.....

I want my eyes to BLEED Again!
Sin :eek:

Mojave Dave

wallyduck said:
i think some of billy goats thai , bancock betty is on seedbay , correct if wrong .. and yes mojave dave , you will not be disappointed in this one , so long as you have the climate to reproduce what you remember from the old thai , you wouldnt get the same representation indoors i wouldnt think ... but i have some indoors to see , lookin nice and sativery and resiny ... not sure i could call the plant im smoking choclatey though , but definately pleasent dessert ...

Thanks, Wallyduck! I'll see if I can find those. I must grow indoors (hydro) so I don't know how they'll perform if they're bred for outdoor cultivation, but I just HAVE to try! If this strain even approaches the sort of high the original Thai Stick used to deliver I'll be a happy man!

Thanks again for helping me out...

Mojave Dave