What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bills approved yesterday, without ANY citizen input

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
------------------- ***** I WAS WRONG. Now it needs to go to the state senate. I am titanically sorry for the error. The article DID say it went into effect the following day, but it was wrong. *** -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What I DID experience yesterday in Grand Blanc (NOT FLINT, like was bragged to help the local economy, by the organizer), was ungainly, uncomfortable, and a money grab session. "So-and-so" hates "So-and-So", who hates so & so's way of wanting to get this done.

WHAT CAN POSSIBLY SUCCEED AMONGST SUCH A DIVIDED AND DIVISIVE GROUP...? Maybe ZERO.

I let all the others ask questions that were important to them, and patiently waited my turn. THen was called upon by the very informative and intelligent speakeress. I thanked her for the info, cause the glossy magazines locally only tell us what new vape pen to use, and we need to know what happened in LANSING yesterday, instead... Then, I asked a valid question about {rairie Plant systems, and was answered. One more, and I was absolutely SHUSHED by the organizer in front of 30 people. "OK PEOPLE NEXT ROOM IS SO AND SO... I was still talking... ANd the whole room was interested in that I was obviously bringing a new slant to the discussion, and was a new face with something valuable to say.

No worries, he paid for that one, in front of the same 30 people.

Please go to the bottom to see what I gleaned from this 'con'-ference yesterday. spelling and quotes intended.

In order to co opt a legalization vote in NOV, the State made the rules for dispos, growing facilities, edibles and concentrates, and almost everything else (including registered and approved TRANSPORTERS aka middlemen, who will be solely responsible for moving the MJ. No one else is allowed to do so.

Home growing is up in the air, but I think we will retain the right. I certainly hope so.

But, the plan is for 10 or so approved production facilities. And MAYBE no home growing, not sure on that.

The Corporate takeover has begun, and it will feature a meeting in a couple days with a huge CO company that specializes in Seed-to-sale software for tracking all the cannabis.

Last edited:

great brozini

Do you have a link to any of the rules they approved or the bill? Didn't know MI was pushing for a bill this Nov, thought it was slated for 2016.

Thanks and good vibes

TheMan13

Veteran
The House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday quickly advanced the three-bill package, approving the legislation before taking public testimony on changes that many in the audience had not seen, a process that one concerned activist called "atrocious."

The bills would license medical marijuana dispensaries in communities that want them, institute an 8 percent tax on retail sales, allow non-smokable forms of the drug and create a seed-to-sale tracking system for pot plants.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/09/medical_marijuana_dispensary_r.html

I wood

For almost thirty years I'm a criminal, now that the government smells money,pot isn't so bad, they just want their cut(taxes).
Fuck that, back to the old system.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I WAS WRONG. Now it needs to go to the state senate. I am titanically sorry for the error. The article DID say it went into effect the following day, but it was wrong.

What I gleaned is that the M0ney people and the lawmakers DO NOT CARE ABOUT PRODUCERS... Guess what is gonna happen when it is made into 5000 or 10.000 plant grows....? Look up Prairie Plant Systems failures in Canada. That is who Snyder signed with months ago, just in case MJ changes scheduling.

Disease, neglect, thievery, powdered and irradiated pot (to kill botrytis mold so bad it could be seen in the large plastic bags according to one who saw the operation at PPS - the speaker that was addressing us) to your door..! And everything else bad or ineffective in the process of producing Marijuana is more likely in grows of that size unless staffed correctly. Then I volunteered some info I was privy to that they were not from large grows of this size. I was helping to illuminate them that it is not IMPOSSIBLE to have successful indoor huge grows, but You Better Have The Right Help.>?>>!!!!!!!!! 'Cause, as I always say to ignorant money people, who think dope grows on trees all by itself, transforming itself into 100$ bills with perfect 30% amber trichs, while still on the plant - ahaha,,,, "NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT THE (knowledgeable) GROWER..!"

I will ask you genius Growers in the Mitten, cause I have met quite a few.... WHO REPRESENTS US. tHE GROWERS..? Those of whom NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT... US......Our prices go up, patient demands usually get stronger. Wholesale going to 2K,,,,>? Possible. No pests, or mold either. Preventative treatments as a grower are not free...! haha.

They did mention that caregivers would probably be able to continue serving 5 patients, and all that was before, except we will have to pay and allow yearly inspections ad nauseum. Be tested, etc. Whereupon, I informed the whole group that 90% of the Hybrid-Indica-and Sativa Winners at last week's HTMAG MI Cannabis Cup, were later determined to contain mold and or pests. There was an audible gasp around the room, when I said that testing was required to even get into the running, and they all initially passed the tests..?!?!?!?! What a bizzaro world this cannabizness is. Can only really trust yourself.

I was then quickly and abruptly cut off by the 'moderator.' After being patient, and paying 150 usd for entry, I didn;t even come until after the catered lunch..! haha.

Make home growing a criminal offense while men in suits clean up..? You bettah HIDE THOSE JUGULAR VEINS MONEYMEN< I"M GOIN" FOR EM.

ALL OF YOU GENIUS GROWERS/////// CHARGE THESE JERKS UP THE SCHPHINCTER..!!!!!!!!!!! NO DEALS ON YOUR TIME AND HARD-FOUGHT KNOWLEDGE....!!!!!! Can you tell I am serious. DEAD serious.....? 12 years growing in nasty Norcal, and 2 -4 years here in the "Do what I Gotta Do" Mitten, with some good ones, but mostly selfish clueless money / cannabis people. Most being ex-drug-dealers aka puppetmasters. No More patience from Me...PERIOD.

RESPECT THE GROWERS - PAY THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE TOO _ _ _ _ OR FAIL., as in LOSE YOUR MONEY.. HOTSHOTS. Your Suits did the opposite of impress Me. I wanna see DIRT under those fingernails. haha.

"I'd rather trust a man who works with his hands, you can tell by his eyes, you know he understands."---- Peter Gabriel, early Genesis.

The divisiveness in the movement(s) is a problem, just like Ralph Nader was. Splitting voters. Creating enmity. In fact, it DID feel like a group of Californians, with that "You are either for me or against Me" vibe (that I lived among for over 20 years). Communication lacking, cooperation as well. While conservatives, if nothing else, can certainly unite quite effectively.

Last edited:

TheMan13

Veteran
Here are the particulars of the regulatory capture play completed 9-21-15:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2015-2016/billanalysis/House/htm/2015-HLA-4209-725D8987.htm

Regulatory capture is a form of political corruption that occurs when a regulatory agency, created to act in the public interest, instead advances the commercial or political concerns of special interest groups that dominate the industry or sector it is charged with regulating. Regulatory capture is a form of government failure; it creates an opening for firms or political groups to behave in ways injurious to the public (e.g., producing negative externalities). The agencies are called "captured agencies".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

Game over?

Latest posts

Latest posts