What's new

Biggupp FINLAND!

A

arcticsun

hey guys, one of your nordic neighbours here. big friend of finland, we go there all the time (north finland) to windkite on the lakes and snowmobile.. u know :D finnish border is only 2 hours away.

just want to say im impressed and very happy with seeing the active canna culture in finland. espesially the guys doing outdoor crops have my thanks you are breaking ground for all of the north. swe and nor are much slower :badday:

i've been looking at some threads here, and alltho i dont understand much finnish exept how to order about 30 different drinks, i am really enjoying the pictures and the active topics. great forum you have here. props to you all.

so except obviously kissing your asses haha, i was wondering what strains do you grow outdoor in finland?

thanks, keep up the good work, peace :joint:

P

perakko

thanks for the kind words mate!

yeah there's some people working their asses of every summer to push the boundaries of northern ganjagrowing! maybe it has something to do with our stubborn mentality over here...

anyways most of us speak english and are very happy to spread the information regarding northern growing and strains.

here's a few strains that come to mind people have had succes with, a lot of them are lowryder/ruderalis crosses somehow.

lowryders #1, #2, stuporsonic, stuporsonic x lowryder crosses (finx, fin420...) Kuhmo, ovela olema and it's lowryder crosses, the old 'Jeppis' lines, Pekin Pehku, Pehkuruder...

also some danes have been succesful up here: royal dane, danish passion, leb27, typhoon etc, the fastest ones of their strains have a change here.

the thing is with the most finnish strains that they've already been grown outside for many seasons and the original make up of genetics might not be accurately known anymore not that it's too important but a lot of the stuff is polyhybridous and hard to keep track on. the names are also finnish and can come across hilarious sounding to foreign people.

i think it would be great idea to wake some conversation in english between scandinavian growers especially regarding outrdoors!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Riispeektiä Perakko :respect: Paljon sellaista, onko sul jotain dane geenejä kasvamassa noissa kuvissa?

Much respect Perakko!! Do you have some Danish gene´s growing in those pics?

arcticsun: Nice to see you are enjoying Northern Finland. I have always traveled oversea´s for mind relaxation vacation, but after going in to north last winter and seeing the beautiful nature we have and the peace of mind you can find there :joint: You know the feeling when the only noice you hear is the whispering of the wind.. Aah, it´s heavenly for urban grower, is all I can say!!! It was exotic experience for me, even thought I have been living in the land of snow for some decades, but man once again.. Next time you come and if you have even little interest, then try to go "winter hiking" and borrow an cabin for a week or two with your loved one´s and I promise you wont regret! That + if you can get good contact with some really northern grower who can bring you a good sack before you go into the wilderness :wink: Erb + Lappi (area in northern Finland & Sweden) is really spiritual, at least it was for me!!

P

perakko

thanks herb!

no danes in those, first 5 pics are all Pehkuruder's and the last one is unknown plant, i'm guessing it might have some ovela olema in it as i've seen some beautiful whole purple plants from those genes...

all of these were seeded with the large purpleish Pehkuruder in the 4th pic.

C

curts1

So pehkuruder gets pretty tall then? From the pics it looks like it might be 1m? Is it totally AF?

Very nice pics, can´t wait for next year ;)

P

perakko

well i got actually 3 of them bigger females and the two of them grew about 170cm or so and one which was a little smaller about a 1m but more resinous and it stank different, more sweet. the biggest of all was absolutely that male, it looked like it yielded double the females!

it's not totally autoflower. early strain i'd say as it can also be cloned.

the plants look shorter 'cause they were kinda in a hole so soil level was lower than the ground around it. i think it was good idea as enough soil kept me from watering for the whole of summer.

C

curts1

1,7 is pretty big, but they could always be topped to keep the height down. How does it smoke? LR2´s have quite a heavy taste of pine, is that the ruderalis ?

P

perakko

well they were few weeks from being ready smokewise so it's pretty unbalanced. the two bigger ones have piney/creamy/pungent kinda aroma to them and the shorter has more citrus aromas, close to orange.

i've made some kiff and it was nice and tastey plus not too stoney. i'm letting them cure for a few more months in hope of some extra kick.

my ideal nordic outdoor strain would be something tasty and extra-resinous, a hashplant so some fine hash could be made. but of course the weather proofness and earlyness has to come first so that the crop will be all the way done every year...

A

arcticsun

hey guys. thanks a million for the response and the neighbourly love. :wave:

perakko, your work is awesome. thanks for letting me know about your stuff. truely an inspiration to me since i live so far north. you required about a fast super resinous indica.

http://www.seedsman.com/en/cannabis-seeds/seedsman-seeds/seedsman-gold/ata-tundra-seeds

www.seedsman.com said:
Ata Tundra Seeds

£18.99 (approx €24.22 )
Ata Tundra Seeds

Genetics: Tundra x Kazakhstani
Variety: Pure Indica
Type: f1 Hybrid
Harvest Date: End of September
Flowering Period: 6-8 weeks
THC Content: 19%
Characteristics: Quick flowerer, good in cold climates.

This f1 hybrid is one of the most interesting in our seed range. It is a cross of two pure lines coming from different geographic regions not very well-known in the cannabis world.

One parent comes from Alaska, home of the famous Matanuska Thunderfuck. This line is pure indica and shows good resistance to frost thanks to its origin.

The other parent comes from Kazakhstan, a wide region that extends from north Afghanistan between Uzbekistan and Russia, neighbouring China in the east. This parent is similar to the Afghani Kush, with a lemony smell typical of the Citral of Pakistan.
Growing Ata Tundra you can see many of the characteristics of both these parent plants.

Our hybrid is 100% indica. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation. It is our quickest flowering strain; finishing in around 45 days or outdoors towards the end of September. Its optimum THC level is around 20%.

It produces large, lemon scented compact buds. The hardiness of this plant coupled with its early maturation and ease of growth make it perfect for guerrilla cultivation techniques.

the ata tundra from seedsman is taking my interrest lately. i dont know if it is autoflower as i cant find any growreports on it yet. ill let you know if i find any good info. do you think crossing that in with the finnish genes would be interresting?

Herbalistic:
i have actually walked from the atlantic sea to finland on foot, and spent weeks in a tent. i am from north norway and we go often to kilpisjarvi at the border to finland. its not far from home. actually i think i have some finnish blood in me, atleast some sami :D i have never been to southern finland actually, maybe next time ill go past rovanjemi (hope i spelled that right hehe). but i allways get drunk somewhere around there :friends: and never get any further. haha there seems to be something wrong with the picture uploading atm or with my firefox or i would post some pics :)

peace out curts and farmer john and everyone, thanks for dropping by :D

oh and if anyone is interrested here is a thread on icmag on the most potent autoflowering strains.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40235

check y'all later

:respect: :wave:

C

curts1

Hi,
Nice making friends, looking at some nice pics etc.

Outdoor growing is a challenge, I think it should be made an Olympic sport -100m ganja!

Peace,

C1

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I have a pal near Trondheim (don't wanna give out his actual location) and he grows OD with his grandpa (sheep farmers & good ppl). Never shows the grows tho. They had a weed bust a couple of years ago in the village of under 1000 ppl and it was like 2 plants and it made headlines for about two weeks, so no wonder he doesn't speak about or show his grows. Been sending beans to him too, he said he has nothing that will finish in time, but they veg OD for 2-3 months and take em indoors to flower, and he said most the stuff is ready in 2 months after they bring em in. This is how they stay high all year round. Hoping to get him something that would actually flow in the Norwegian summer, but as he is even northern than i am.. Well i'm not counting on it. Maybe lowryder but that's not good smoke so i dono.....

Sorry if i'm rambling, kinda busy :smile:

C

curts1

BT: Maybe your friend in Norway should look into the newer LR crosses, I think the ruderalis strains show potential. Being way up North the usual "early" strains just don´t work very well.

Hyoglossus

Growing ganja in Finland... Fascinating subject
I've tried many summers with allkinds of mistakes but I've always learned
something.

Luckily there are many strains available.
Many diss the basic Lowryder, but I think it's aight when grown outdoors.
UV will increase cannabinoid production in a plant. I've tried many outdoors strains including Lowryder, different LR hybrids, Northern Sun and Early Misty. The best strain to the finnish climate would be Northern Sun or some other early mold resistant plant.

You can purchase many Lr hybrid (Masterlow, Auto AK-47 etc.) or danish strains (starting indoors is a must!).

Next summer I'll go with Masterlow.

P

perakko

The best strain to the finnish climate would be Northern Sun or some other early mold resistant plant.

that Northern Sun project sounded interesting, read about it from the finnish forum. too bad it seems that people had very poor germination rates with the give-away seeds and i guess not a lot of people were able to keep the line going in pure form...

also the Northern Sun sounded like it had actually lots of different gems in it and that the plants had a lot of phenotypical variation. to me it seems a little dull to give such a "cool" name for totally unworked line...

still i'm sure the original keeper of the Northern Sun has it running and is breeding it in the future summers so let's hope for the best!

C

curts1

Like I said, outdoor growing should be an olympic sport!

But it is nice reading about different strains and variations, too bad we can´t just all meet and have an old fashioned garden show!

But maybe in the future...

A

arcticsun

hehe if hemplympics ever came through i would be a contender for the marathon. or smoke-a-ton lol

tobad your friend cant get them to flower finished outdoors in middle norway. but perakko can get his to flower quite descently and he lives even further north then that so i am sure some tricks can be used.

i am trying to look at the content of cannabinols in rudealis strains compared to purer sativas, but the info out there is often written by doctors and researchers and it goes way over my head.

ill try to get as many possible different strains during this winter, to have good security incase one or the other strain fails in this climate. which i am sure some of them will.

i hope i will get time to grow them to flowering stage indoor, and have a bunch of plants to set out at the first sign of summer temps. which can be tricky here because noone knows for sure when that will be haha, i guess u guys can relate :D

those strains that fails to autoflower will be taken inside again and flowered with breeding in mind.

all of this outdoor stuff is very new to me, i guess i will have to plan it very well.

hope the weather gods are with us next summer :D

stay safe friends, cya around. :wave:

edit: curts i allmost forgot to show you this hehe
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hemp+olympics&search=Search

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts