What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big 'uns [trees]

PDX Dopesmoker

This cookies plant from seed is over 9 ft tall now in just a 65 gallon pot with coco.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65458&pictureid=1650111&thumb=3]View Image[/url]

Thats beautiful, you must have about a hundred big fat colas on that plant. Looks like GSC does pretty good outdoors, how does it do amongst your plants in terms of start of flowering? Do you have anything that starts particularly early or finishes fast? I'm always wondering about what I should try next year.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats beautiful, you must have about a hundred big fat colas on that plant. Looks like GSC does pretty good outdoors, how does it do amongst your plants in terms of start of flowering? Do you have anything that starts particularly early or finishes fast? I'm always wondering about what I should try next year.

In size and ease of care cookies are great outside. Tahoe OG finished pretty fast for me.

PDX Dopesmoker

Search on here for kangativa.

Peace

Thanks, thats some big targets to aim for. I've seen the Mendo Dope garden on youtube & the Jollybee garden in pictures, but I've never seen formal records or measurements. Other fields and hobbies have their international governing organizations for records and rulings, etc., but I don't think the DEA fills that rôle for us. Maybe High Times has something official. I have a book of the biggest trees on the west coast & they score the best individual of every species by a combined score of crown spread, height & one other statistic I forget so sometimes the tallest tree isn't the biggest (I've visited the tallest Douglas Fir in the world in southern Oregon, but not the biggest Douglas Fir, that is in WA)

Heres a pic from Jollybee Extracts IG
awOftP0.jpg

They claimed a harvest of almost 10kg off one tree last year, thats one measure I guess. You could do a whole plant extraction & the most live resin wins. The 23' tall MM is another record to aim at

I added this inaccurate measuring tool the the Mendo Dope microphone stand tree, but you can guess that it didn't top 23'
0S3PCiI.jpg

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Jollybee Extracts had a drone music video & some great fb pics showing the place of last year , absolute monsters, @massiveseeds up there/on top.

jollybee vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UztPzDCrQ64
I've never seen formal records or measurements. Other fields and hobbies have their international governing organizations for records and rulings, etc.,

always wondered if this was the true purpose of the clean green program, give deangelo a gold mine of info, best growers,area/climate,strains etc all put to work come "legalization"

FoothillFarming

I measured my AOG yesterday for fun. From the base of the soil, to the top of the plant, not including the pot, the AOG is 13' tall and 12' across and 38ft around. Not sure how big subcools plant was, but didn't look even close to that size. Filled out nicely, but not that big imo.

FoothillFarming

I was being honest, not bragging. Or are you laughing at the size of my plants, which you would be able to do no problem.:tiphat: ALso, subcools will hopefully stack, because right now those are tiny nugs for a wookie cross. Mine are throwing footballs.

Edit: Dummy, that was 4 weeks ago. No wonder no stack.....

Ok, that pictures shows the size a lot better IMO. That plant is huge, I stand corrected.

PDX Dopesmoker

Is this the picture you're talking about? I can't follow IG links from my computer, but I can view IG images on IG's cloud servers (scontent.cdninstagram.com)
14374447_1698317410494779_2061844963_n.jpg

B

Baron Greenback

As I've never had a climate to grow any monsters like those, can I ask what the inside flowers form like? I imagine the outer stuff that gets all the light is huge, but does that much foliage block light to the inside?
Do you guys do much training/defoliation type things or is it just nature taking her course?

B

Baron Greenback

I never cease to be amazed at what is possible - muchos kudos to all of the skills.
So are they going out as decent sized plants already or straight from fresh clone/seed? I know some people sow many then cull as needed - is this the most effiecient way to get those trees?

B

Baron Greenback

Thanks for that, not only have you got some lovely plants, but you've also got a lovely patch to put them in :)