What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Island Genetics?

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Has anybody heard of them? They offer a wide selection of seeds some being famous hawaiian names I have read many threads where people have explained hawaiian cannabis culture and kinda have an idea that like many cannabis varieties a name can be applied to many good herbs kinda like with Jamaica? Anyways can anyone educate me on this company and the guy that runs it. I read he has been on high times and isn't trolling and all like pua mana does. I thought it first maybe it is pua again but under another name but the website is way different as is the context of words used. Thanks for your time icmag !

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know if you'll get much of an answer for this here.

This spot is for us hardheaded individuals to yell into the void about how other people are doing everything wrong and we're right.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I have my fingers crossed someone like greyskull or anyone else with a good reputation can help with direction of choice. If the seeds are worth it I may invest to just grow and experience=) life is too short to not want to enjoy to the fullest

buzzmobile

Veteran
Anyways can anyone educate me on this company and the guy that runs it. I read he has been on high times and isn't trolling and all like pua mana does. I thought it first maybe it is pua again but under another name but the website is way different as is the context of words used. Thanks for your time icmag !
We are humbled to have the honor to preserve, protect, produce and promote these rarest of the rare lines. There are those who find it difficult to accept that a non-Hawaiian transplant from Las Vegas could actually find these very coveted strains when nobody else could for decades. Some cannot believe this because the true sources of these strain are Hawaiians and racial lines have been clearly drawn as a part of the local culture and the ha'oles history of lying, manipulating, stealing and destroying Hawaiian culture makes it less than likely Hawaiians would just give these seeds to the Professor. That's exactly what happened. The haters have taken to the internet in a blatant attempt to discredit the Professor and the authenticity of the genetics. The seeds speak for themselves and have been independently vetted by several different sources.
The quote above sounds much like the stuff that went on when Pua Mana Ohana showed up. I would steer clear. The Maui Wowie I bought from Pua was not worth the time I spent growing it out. I don't know anything about B. I. Genetics but the last few sentences in the above quote sound familiar.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
The quote above sounds much like the stuff that went on when Pua Mana Ohana showed up. I would steer clear. The Maui Wowie I bought from Pua was not worth the time I spent growing it out. I don't know anything about B. I. Genetics but the last few sentences in the above quote sound familiar.
I was thinking something similar. I used to think that pua mana ohana may have been legit but this was when my mind was still immature to comprehend what Hawaiian cannabis really is. Makes me wonder what some of the shit I smoked years ago really was? Maybe some seed companies opportunity to snatch cash from uneducated smokers like I used to be... Maybe someone on the mag can post some links pertaining to the history of the guy behind B.I. Genetics? Would be nice to have thjs thread be something people can turn to when wanting to make selection on seed purchases of Hawaiian seed

buzzmobile

Veteran
Would be nice to have thjs thread be something people can turn to when wanting to make selection on seed purchases of Hawaiian seed
You may be interested in this thread.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
You may be interested in this thread.
Oh yes! This is a great thread I had read this a few times during my Hawaiian cannabis research I have been looking on all platforms I am active on so that I can piece things together. Thank you for adding this here my friend 🙏

buzzmobile

Veteran
Oh yes! This is a great thread I had read this a few times during my Hawaiian cannabis research I have been looking on all platforms I am active on so that I can piece things together. Thank you for adding this here my friend 🙏
If you take an active part in that thread you will get more replies to your search. Just sayin'.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I wanna be sure to say that this isn't a thread to knock this guy down as I don't know him and it's not like he has done anything to me this thread is ONLY for educational purposes. Others and myself will piece together what there is to know about Big Island Genetics as the company seems to have little exposure.. And still trying to find the high times article or whatever and the news archive article if available to corroborate information on the 1st link..

:tiphat:

Video is 15 years old and is an introduction video on "Professor Potgrower" or "Aaron Zeeman"

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I am searching on multiple search engines with not much luck.. And I am aggressively searching like I do for other topics and so far cannot find much more.. So I may or may not add more information on this post today.. His YT channel only has that 1 video and the channel was created back in 2007.. Hope to report back here soon bless up IC

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Found something off of RIU where this was a topic as well so looks like a great way to close the thread 😊🙌🏾😎
"Hawaiian Genetics from Hawaii"

Lugo

Veteran
I actually have some of BIGs genetics in my collection after being reproduced in Hilo, HI by an old associate.

These include their Maui Wowee and some interesting Maui crosses like Maui Shark (MWxGWS) among others.

Ill keep you posted!

✌️💀🌺