What's new

big difference from CURING in ZIPLOCK bags over JARS??

Yes_I_Am

funny nobody knows how real herb is meant to look!

thats a crazy statement, is the herb i smoke not real cos it doesnt look right, dam ive been smokeing air all this time how stoopid am i.

im of the opinion jars are better, but after all in the uk we smoke bud, it hits ya better. we tend not to look at it to much

W.Less Monk

480x400_huge-tree-branch-growing-through-glass-jars.jpg

Jars all the way.. :ying:

ijim

If you need to cure or store in bags Mylar bags work the best. They are silver, light tight and odors don't permeate them like plastic bags. Some are sealed on the zipper side. You load and vacuum seal from the bottom. Like resealable food bags. A bit costly but have no equal for long term storage or shipping.

supermanlives

Veteran
ziplock freezer bags work just fine. nobody can tell the difference over jarred weed. for really long term storage glass rules tho.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
canning jars are air tight, your typical ziploc bags are not completely air tight

That's the point. You want airtight jars for storage, but NOT for curing.

Curing in bags is the same as curing in jars, just easier and less error prone. There is no taste from the bag that I've ever noticed. And just like with jars, you don't seal up the bags and leave them. You open and air them out exactly as you would with jars.

People seem to think that curing in bags involves some totally different process. It's exactly the same. But the buds don't get compressed (you can lay the bags out flat), so less chance of mold. It's also much quicker and easier to air out a bag than buds packed in a jar. And even when the bags are sealed, they're still "airing out" a bit because they're not air tight. So you get a continuous, more gradual cure. See the thread I started in this forum for more info.

To summarize:

Curing in bags versus jars is EXACTLY the same process, just different containers.

Bags are NOT appropriate for storage, just curing.