What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Big Brother" lamp posts. What's next?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Since I am wary of Big Brother and not necessarily a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy nut I thought I would bring this you everyones attention.

I found this doing some research into a electronics project I am working on.

Read the abstract:

Abstract:
This research was performed in collaboration with the City of Surrey, B.C. and specifically with Len
Garis, Fire Chief.
It has been proposed that standard radio direction finding methods may detect the location of multiple
high power lamps typically used by the growers of the family of cannabis related products. This study
attempts to identify the RF spectral characteristics emitted by the HPS and MH lamps that may be
useful in location and analysis of signals emitted through the air.

http://www.surrey.ca/files/rf-study.pdf

Totally blew me away to find this.

minds_I

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. Still working on polishing up my heel clicks and Sieg Heil Salutes.
How ya doing Vash?:wave:

growshopfrank

Veteran
Hello all,

Since I am wary of Big Brother and not necessarily a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy nut I thought I would bring this you everyones attention.

I found this doing some research into a electronics project I am working on.

Read the abstract:

Abstract:
This research was performed in collaboration with the City of Surrey, B.C. and specifically with Len
Garis, Fire Chief.
It has been proposed that standard radio direction finding methods may detect the location of multiple
high power lamps typically used by the growers of the family of cannabis related products. This study
attempts to identify the RF spectral characteristics emitted by the HPS and MH lamps that may be
useful in location and analysis of signals emitted through the air.

http://www.surrey.ca/files/rf-study.pdf

Totally blew me away to find this.

minds_I

good catch
the best part was "proper operating MH or HPS lamps DO NOT emit a RF signature" I'm glad they did not test with a digi ballast

Grass Lands

Veteran
yep...seen these the other day on the "Daily Sheeple"....

As Alex Jones said, the only to stay safe and out of the prying eyes of "BIG BROTHER" is to stay inside your home drunk on whiskey, taking prozac...and watching the ball game...

Folks, its gonna get worse before it gets better...and that is if it gets better...

SKUNK420

lol Russian Times. I wish I hadn't given them a hit since I could have gotten that news report from ABC News.

Is getting my news from a communist country's perspective part of Barry's fundamental change?

If you use google or have a smart phone, facebook account etc. you are already data logging your whole life. LEO just gets a warrant to see the info when they think you are doing something illegal.

We are screwing ourselves, well actually the people that work for computer and digital phone companies are screwing us by making everything interactive which in turn data logs everything we do.

Wait til digital currency comes out then what are you going do?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gamo Whisper Air Rifle- .177 Caliber
airgundepot_2222_27340553

Fuck a light post. I'll shoot their eyes out. every one of those spy posts I see I will shoot, and every time it gets fixed i'll do it again. I will recruit so many people to do it. I'll start a nation wide "shoot out the unconstitutional cameras movement" the worst thing that can happen is a destruction of property charge.

S

SeaMaiden

The entire notion that the tinfoil hat offers any sort of protection from government mind rays is, in all likelihood, a concept seeded by the government itself. In other words, it attenuates the very mind rays you're trying to protect yourself from!

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:

An Empirical Study

Ali Rahimi1, Ben Recht 2, Jason Taylor 2, Noah Vawter 2
17 Feb 2005
1: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department, MIT.
2: Media Laboratory, MIT.

Abstract

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.
Introduction

It has long been suspected that the government has been using satellites to read and control the minds of certain citizens. The use of aluminum helmets has been a common guerrilla tactic against the government's invasive tactics [1]. Surprisingly, these helmets can in fact help the government spy on citizens by amplifying certain key frequency ranges reserved for government use. In addition, none of the three helmets we analyzed provided significant attenuation to most frequency bands.

We describe our experimental setup, report our results, and conclude with a few design guidelines for constructing more effective helmets.

DevilWeedSeeds

Private Breeder
ICMag Donor
How long before the government has micro bots running around your house with micro cameras for your own safety. Wouldn't want the terrorists to get into your home so you need the new micro cameras that let the cops watch you 24/7.

sso

Veteran
information is power.

imagine if you were in power and some pissant were attacking you through some blogs or shit

and you just go "say, do you want your brother to know you are fucking his wife?"

much easier than actually having trained assassins doing the job for you, though of course you are gonna keep those on a retainer.

we compete for everything, its a survival of the fittest world, only fools follow the rules.

(course if it were an actual caring sharing world, we wouldnt need any rules (mostly designed to keep the poor in check. (thats why you need a specially trained lawyer to do anything or defend yourself and lots of them when you are in real trouble.)

sso

Veteran
People thought V for Vendetta was far fetched. It is reality.

its actually more farfetched even than V for Vendetta.

we actually live in a , kind of, The Wizard of Oz. (its exactly that, except for the witches and flying monkeys.) (we just got buttmonkeys.)

crazybear

How big BIG BROTHER has become is just mind boggling , the lamp posts around here & in a lot of cities have camera's, traffic signals have camera's & not just the kind that take your picture if you're speeding, don't wear your seat belt, or go through the lite, I'm talking watching us, beside the road at a level to take video inside your car, etc., homeland security running hurricane disasters ready to keep the peace, I mean to help, keep everybody in line arrest anybody not going along with the program, Blackwater people in New Orleans armed to the teeth , police take away your weapons so you can't deter looter's!
I could go on but if you even start reading what has been done to protect us from terrorism, should make most americans mad as hell& want to do something to change it but seems like most people suck this shit up like that's exactly how they want it living in fear & wanting other people to keep them safe like sheep & ostriches! Makes me sick!!!!!!!

demasoni

People thought V for Vendetta was far fetched. It is reality.
Absolutely. its a perfect portrayal of our society and its direction. No coincidences.

v- "There are no coincidences... only the illusion of coincidence"

I refer to the movie in another thread regarding these same issues and I'll reiterate; Its not about the actresses, action, or special effects the sheeple can't see past. Its the warning, its the message.

-Why won't you die?
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof ".

Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Now forget the movie for a second, history class serves you well if you paid attention. So does the library (and enjoy that while you still can)

Remember the agenda mandates total proliferation of public space. This is not with simple cameras, but facial recognition capable cameras streaming real time into data centers funded largely by YOUR tax dollars. Smile!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will start covering my face everywhere I go. it's not illegal. I'll dress like a muslim woman for all I care. lol

Latest posts

Latest posts