What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biden: No Guns for Weed Smokers

Charles Dankens

No one I know wants more "gun control".
Everyone I know , particularly those in their late twenties and thirties are stocking up , hard.
As for the politicians who think they are more important than the people they supposedly represent, they can go fuck themselves.

View attachment 18979502

Did you go to Harvard or Trump University of Fraud and False Beliefs?
1679936139607 (2).png

OleReynard

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/biden-no-guns-for-weed-smokers/

Biden: No Guns for Weed Smokers

The Biden administration is defending a federal ban on gun-ownership for medical marijuana users, urging a federal judge to dismiss a challenge to the statute.

Medical marijuana users should be prohibited from owning guns because the substance impairs the "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" of those under its influence, lawyers for the Justice Department argued. Florida agricultural commissioner Nikki Fried (D.) is spearheading the lawsuit against the government for its prohibition on people who consume cannabis products with a prescription from owning firearms.

"I'm suing the Biden administration because people's rights are being limited," the commissioner said in April after filing the suit. "Medical marijuana is legal. Guns are legal. This is about people's rights and their freedoms to responsibly have both."

The administration's stance stands in contrast to President Joe Biden's rhetoric on marijuana. Biden has endorsed decriminalization and argued the federal government shouldn’t interfere with state affairs when it comes to marijuana laws.

The Biden administration’s inconsistent stance on the drug mirrors that of Vice President Kamala Harris. As California attorney general, Harris was responsible for locking up thousands for marijuana-related crimes, the Washington Free Beacon reported in 2019. That same year, as she was running for president, she said she was pre-disposed to like smoking marijuana due to her Jamaican heritage. The comment drew stern criticism from her father, who said she was stereotyping people on the island.

Most Americans support both the legalization of medical marijuana and the private ownership of firearms. Ninety-one percent of Americans believe that weed should be legal in some form, according to a Pew Research Center poll.

Reason magazine pointed out that the Justice Department's argument citing marijuana's effect on the mind "could be applied to many legal drugs" such as alcohol or prescription opioids that are legal for gun-owners to consume.

In its motion to dismiss the lawsuit, the Justice Department cited historical disarmament of "groups deemed dangerous," such as 17th-century Catholics and American Indians, as precedent for the practice of preventing certain groups from owning weapons.

Fried is running in the Democratic primary to challenge Republican governor Ron DeSantis in November. Fried and the governor appear to be on the same page regarding medical marijuana users' Second Amendment rights.

"Floridians should not be deprived of a constitutional right for using a medication lawfully," DeSantis's office said.
It's always been the case

Charles Dankens

It's always been the case
I agree that the weed gun law is unjust.
I support protection of the Second Amendment rights of people who use marijuana in ALL states.
Allowing cannabis users to purchase and possess the firearms that they’re currently prohibited from having
under federal law is a needed change.

But hysterical whining about liberals or democrats taking your guns is straight bs.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I have and always will retain my right to bear arms, I choose to bear the arms of the Lord. I fully understand and support everyone elses rights to bear guns. I think it's lunacy to allow people prescribed prescription narcotics and alcohol drinkers, bars all over, alcohol in every store. Yet cannabis users are unacceptable. It's lunacy, cannabis is certainly not more dangerous than prescriptons or alcohol. Those peoples rights aren't infringed on but cannabis users rights are.

audiohi

Veteran
I think it's lunacy to allow people prescribed prescription narcotics and alcohol drinkers, bars all over, alcohol in every store. Yet cannabis users are unacceptable. It's lunacy, cannabis is certainly not more dangerous than prescriptons or alcohol. Those peoples rights aren't infringed on but cannabis users rights are.

GOP Senators Tell DEA To Reject Marijuana Rescheduling, Arguing It Would Violate International Treaties​

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/gop...uing-it-would-violate-international-treaties/

“Any effort to reschedule marijuana must be based on proven facts and scientific evidence—not the favored policy of a particular administration—and account for our treaty obligations,”

Last edited:

audiohi

Veteran
It makes me laugh that we discuss cannabis users having guns and not cannabis users being able to have cannabis.

disinformate and misinformate buden or something...

add a little god for good measure

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Think about it like this, take natural stimulants bear natural arms. Take manmade stimulants bear manmade arms.

Declaration Of Independence -> "Creator", "Nature's God", "Divine Providence"
Constitution -> "Year Of Our Lord"

Lord, God, Creator, Divine, these are all biblical. Yet people claim God isn't part of the foundation.

No member of the executive, legislative, judicial branches of government take office without swearing oath on the Holy Bible ending it with "so help me God"

Who added God for good measure. God is part of the foundation! The Godless deny it but it is what it is.

You say God was added for good measure, I say God is the good measure and it's why you see the law infringing on natural stimulant but not manmade stimulants. God has everything to do with it, treaties with ungodly wont tolerate the Godly bearing manmade arms. A lot of people tend to deny Gods role in our founding but it's clear God is very much built into the fabric of this nation.

Look up Genesis 37, the story of Joseph and his coat of many colours. Jacob (renamed israel) loved Joseph more than the others, so he made him a coat of many colours. Joseph ends up in the pit, being sold into egypt. It's a shame when branches of a tree deny their own roots. Stagnation is a horrible experience.
lgbtq-whitehouse-01-gty-iwb-220601_1654111150573_hpMain.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Red Eye

It makes me laugh that we discuss cannabis users having guns and not cannabis users being able to have cannabis.

disinformate and misinformate buden or something...

add a little god for good measure

Just curious, are you in favor of PROHIBITING peaceful cannabis users from having the same right to defend themselves as other peaceful people?

Trading in one right for "permission" to exercise another is absurd and just plays musical chairs with which right government will violate next. Not to mention advances a dangerous mindset that government is where rights come from.

"Give us your gun pothead or we might shoot you, so we can protect people from violence"
- Government Prohibitionists and their minions

1711627901860.png

Captain Red Eye

I agree that the weed gun law is unjust.
I support protection of the Second Amendment rights of people who use marijuana in ALL states.
Allowing cannabis users to purchase and possess the firearms that they’re currently prohibited from having
under federal law is a needed change.

But hysterical whining about liberals or democrats taking your guns is straight bs.

I appreciate your support for all people having the same right to defend themselves. Agreed, hysteria is not a good formula to employ in a discussion of rights.

Should the individual people that instituted and enforce(d) etc. the rights violating laws be forced to pay reparations to those individuals whose rights can be proven to have been violated?

If not, how should justice be rendered if the perpetrators remain able to continue their rights violations in other arenas under "color of law"?

audiohi

Veteran
Just curious, are you in favor of PROHIBITING peaceful cannabis users from having the same right to defend themselves as other peaceful people?

Trading in one right for "permission" to exercise another is absurd and just plays musical chairs with which right government will violate next. Not to mention advances a dangerous mindset that government is where rights come from.

"Give us your gun pothead or we might shoot you, so we can protect people from violence"
- Government Prohibitionists and their minions

View attachment 18979870

I am not in favor of prohibiting peaceful cannabis users from having the same right to defend themselves as other peaceful people.

moose eater

Think about it like this, take natural stimulants bear natural arms. Take manmade stimulants bear manmade arms.

Declaration Of Independence -> "Creator", "Nature's God", "Divine Providence"
Constitution -> "Year Of Our Lord"

Lord, God, Creator, Divine, these are all biblical. Yet people claim God isn't part of the foundation.

No member of the executive, legislative, judicial branches of government take office without swearing oath on the Holy Bible ending it with "so help me God"

Who added God for good measure. God is part of the foundation! The Godless deny it but it is what it is.

You say God was added for good measure, I say God is the good measure and it's why you see the law infringing on natural stimulant but not manmade stimulants. God has everything to do with it, treaties with ungodly wont tolerate the Godly bearing manmade arms. A lot of people tend to deny Gods role in our founding but it's clear God is very much built into the fabric of this nation.

Look up Genesis 37, the story of Joseph and his coat of many colours. Jacob (renamed israel) loved Joseph more than the others, so he made him a coat of many colours. Joseph ends up in the pit, being sold into egypt. It's a shame when branches of a tree deny their own roots. Stagnation is a horrible experience. View attachment 18979891
No place in the US Constitution does it mention God or Bible, the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by core Founders, makes it clear the US is not a Nation based on any religion, and many of the core Founders were Deists.

Last edited:

So Hai

No place in the US Constitution does it mention God or Bible, the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by core Founders, makes it clear the US is not a Nation based on any religion, and many of the core Founders were Deists.
The United States is not a nation and there is no such thing as a nation based on religion. A nation is a race of people with shared ancestry and language, americans do not have shared ancestry.

moose eater

The United States is not a nation and there is no such thing as a nation based on religion. A nation is a race of people with shared ancestry and language, americans do not have shared ancestry.
Then there's a whole lot of writing that ought to be corrected.

In the interim, exchange 'Nation' (which I capitalized for a reason) with the word 'Country', and the assertion remains equally accurate, and my points stand as facts.

*Edit: We ought to start by changing 'National Anthem' to 'Country's Anthem'.

Last edited:

So Hai

Then there's a whole lot of writing that ought to be corrected.

In the interim, exchange 'Nation' (which I capitalized for a reason) with the word 'Country', and the assertion remains equally accurate, and my points stand as facts.
Indeed, it is a beautiful nation that you belong to though.

moose eater

Indeed, it is a beautiful nation that you belong to though.
Sometimes. It's human in nature, and humans can be, and often are, horribly flawed. Somewhat an invasive species, really, but with thumbs, permitting us to take more stuff that's often not ours. And when we feed ourselves dogma stating that we're made in one or another God's image, suddenly we are able to justify or rationalize all sorts of self-serving, opportunistic horseshit.

Latest posts

Latest posts