What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHOgart Extractor Thread

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Most of our runs are trim with small nugs in it.
I just can't see running 500g+ of nice nugs. I don't think it's worth it...

furrywall11

I had a 22 percent yield with some VERY, VERY nice sugar trim with some nuggets thrown in. Next I tried a batch that was about 80% larf nug that I stripped off my plants about two weeks prior and got only 12%....it was very nice but, what gives??? I'm thinking it's because the larf nug only cured for a week? I don't know for sure but, I'm letting that stuff cure for another two weeks before I try to run it again. The yields should have been nearly as good at the pure sugar trim. Anyone else noticed anything like this?

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Most of our runs are trim with small nugs in it.
I just can't see running 500g+ of nice nugs. I don't think it's worth it...

Don't think it's worth it? that's crazy you just have to price nug runs accordingly. I'd say a decent amount of extract companies primarily run nug only. The best nugs make the best oil simple as a pimple. That's why you see 75-100 for a g of oil in some clubs. What's annoying with this is the idiots who can't do a little math to see these prices are actually quite fair.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We usually turn whole plants into oil, after pulling the fan leaves and stems.

prune

Veteran
Although you can find (and extract) resin from almost anywhere on the plant, flowering hormones concentrate unique materials at the budding sites.

To paraphrase that cutie, "Unique in, unique out!".

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Good point, we've done the roots separately for use in topicals, but when I say whole plant, I mean that we pull the fan leaves and and lumber, but process the buds and trim together.

Most of our oil goes into oral medications, and we only make purdy stuff for vaporization or by request.

furrywall11

So, I'm trying to replace my Bhogart recovery tank with a Besttech refrigerant recovery tank. It has three flared, threaded connectors one with red one with blue -- it's the third one that is throwing me off.... I think it might be that I connect that one to suck butane because it has the dip tube straw? Or do I just connect red to red and blue to blue?

Also, I'm wondering how many cans my extraction pot can handle...... I want put 50 cans in my 50# tank, flush it through and be done instead of having to do a circulating shower or a recovery-show-recover...but, I'm concerned with the butane level being too high in the extraction pot and the appion sucking liquid.

I have the 5lb system...

Thanks!

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Use a cylinder volume calculator to figure the total volume
of your extraction pot. 12x12? 50 cans would be about 16lb or a little over 3gal.
12x12 is 1,357 in3. A gallon of butane takes up around 280in3. So you pot could
hold almost 5 gal full. So 50 cans should be fine. But check me...

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Don't think it's worth it? that's crazy you just have to price nug runs accordingly. I'd say a decent amount of extract companies primarily run nug only. The best nugs make the best oil simple as a pimple. That's why you see 75-100 for a g of oil in some clubs. What's annoying with this is the idiots who can't do a little math to see these prices are actually quite fair.

If I can get top quality trim for 250 per lb and get 15% why would I run my 3.2k indoor or 2.4K outdoor buds?

furrywall11

Ease of use? Imagine two guys harvesting and extracting a 100lb garden in two weeks :)

Thanks for the tip, K..

I'll let everyone know how just running 50 cans through the 4.5lbs in my collum goes compared to shower-recover

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
So, I'm trying to replace my Bhogart recovery tank with a Besttech refrigerant recovery tank. It has three flared, threaded connectors one with red one with blue -- it's the third one that is throwing me off.... I think it might be that I connect that one to suck butane because it has the dip tube straw? Or do I just connect red to red and blue to blue?

Also, I'm wondering how many cans my extraction pot can handle...... I want put 50 cans in my 50# tank, flush it through and be done instead of having to do a circulating shower or a recovery-show-recover...but, I'm concerned with the butane level being too high in the extraction pot and the appion sucking liquid.

I have the 5lb system...

Thanks!

Do you have a pic or a link? I only see ones with two valves...

furrywall11

Here is a pic... There is the blue valve, the red and, the little yellow coated one in the back... Anyone know the configuration for sure? Thx!!

IMG_2459.jpg

Last edited:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
The yellow coated one is just a safety device.
Red is the dip tube, blue is the return.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Some have them the other way around. Do they say 'liquid' and 'vapor' on them?

Those are ugly welds bro. I prefer to use the TIG process, and use certified aerospace welders, for exactly that reason.

You can wash the inner weld with a TIG arc, to smooth it out, and finish up with a mounted point in a hand grinder.

Would a certified aerospace welder be necessary if one were using a kit purchased from Specialized Formulations?

Much thanks, reverence and blessings to you and the Skunk Pharm crew.

Latest posts

Latest posts