What's new

~BHO LOVERS~

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Visual confirmation and the flame test are both far from scientific methods, but can be used as a vague guideline if its all you have to go by. I can certainly taste improperly purged oil when I smoke it though ;)

yeah i can taste bad shit too
so if it tastes great and theres no sparks, rock on?
sweet. i can go from here.
Low and slow for 10hrs would be perfect if you would have kept it in a large pyrex dish and not that little metal dish. The larger the surface area the less time it takes to purge and the more thorough of a purge. Purging anything more than 1/8" thick is counterproductive IMO/IME.

alright thanks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you prefer using old material?

Yes I prefer older material for my oil. It's effects are better for me...I dont need to take as much Morphine when I use my Oil with it... Im aware if I use fresh buds I will have a liter oil. here is some I made..I dont like it though its to racy for me.. Having said that I have made dark oil from my GDP cross. The bud where so purple it mad the oil dark fro mthe Purple trichomes

picture.php

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
The problem is viscosity. So the thicker your puddle, the more it has to pass through.
So when exposed to room temperatures, the heat source may get hot enough, but by the time the bubble rises, it hits a cooler strata of oil, thus impeded the progress. So the gas can purge better if all the oil is a similar temperature. Room temp and airflow can make a big difference on that top layer. I always had better luck on a warm day, 80+...Purge and firming would always happen.
If you have a way to cover the top a bit to trap heat (or some extra seedling mats) that will help uniform temp with lower input.

As far as butane, when someone can link me the info I will be more concerned. But as it stands as long as you aren't running cheap shit (w/ ethyl mercaptans), I haven't found anything scarier than the name Butane.

Kab

Most people in this thread need to learn how to purge...

SO MUCH butane left in lots of those pics...

You're right KB. I perfectly agree with you. I've still got to find out the best way to purgue in the fastest time and with less human work as possible,BUT I' ve understood that vacuum purgue machine is not the way if you extract more than 1 g (about).I think It' s good only for very small extractions.At today, I still work the by hand with my T-dabber to get the clearest bho helped by the right temperature of the water where I put the pyrex.When the temperature goes down I take away the pyrex for few minutes or seconds from the water,I bring the water to the right temp again so I can put the pirex in the water another time.When the pyrex is in the water i continue to work with the dabber.And finally I get the amber,the crystal,the wax,the budder ecc..BUT I m sure that there's no gas inside.Now I show you some pictures

p31kbl.jpg

p33kbl.jpg

p37alr.jpg

p39alr.jpg

My problem is that it takes to me about 1 hour hand work.
I think if we want to get the clearest bho with the vacuum purgue machine we have to go in a LAB.Is not possible to clear a lot of bho with a homemade vac.purg.mach.And saddly the big lab machines are TOO EXPENSIVE for every body.

Peace Lovers..

Kab

I also love your idea about over70%onlysmoking!This is very good.I' m studying to get this point.In any case my bhoes don' t go over 40% I think..Ithink because I'm not sure because I don't have any GC test.I don' t have any test machine.I just think.

Kab

And ok, maybe is not TOTALLY TRUE that in my bhoes there' s NO GAS.But if you find 1 or 2 littlelittle balls of gas in my bho, I say COME ON..IT' S OK is not the end of the world.And I know that I've worked it by hand.
The matter is when you see a bho completely or almost/completely full of gas.Of that fucking balls of gas.My heart cries..every heart cries.Peace.Peace.Peace!

vertigo0007

Dumb duh dumb dumb. Dumb duh dumb dumb dumb!

You're right KB. I perfectly agree with you. I've still got to find out the best way to purgue in the fastest time and with less human work as possible,BUT I' ve understood that vacuum purgue machine is not the way if you extract more than 1 g (about).I think It' s good only for very small extractions.At today, I still work the by hand with my T-dabber to get the clearest bho helped by the right temperature of the water where I put the pyrex.When the temperature goes down I take away the pyrex for few minutes or seconds from the water,I bring the water to the right temp again so I can put the pirex in the water another time.When the pyrex is in the water i continue to work with the dabber.And finally I get the amber,the crystal,the wax,the budder ecc..BUT I m sure that there's no gas inside.Now I show you some pictures

View attachment 193591

View attachment 193592

View attachment 193593

View attachment 193594

My problem is that it takes to me about 1 hour hand work.
I think if we want to get the clearest bho with the vacuum purgue machine we have to go in a LAB.Is not possible to clear a lot of bho with a homemade vac.purg.mach.And saddly the big lab machines are TOO EXPENSIVE for every body.

Peace Lovers..

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Kab- Just curious, but what made you think vacuum purging is only good for a gram less? You seem a bit confused about the whole thing. Being in lab or not in lab doesn't mean anything if you have the proper equipment and safe enviorment to work in thats all that matters. Anyone can get quality vacuum pumps with low micron ratings, degassing chambers, vacuum ovens, lab hot plates, etc. If you would like some links just pm me.

I have 11" diameter degassing chamber that can easily purge ounce plus at less than 1/8" thickness and can be kept at constant heat. Without the aid of my 2 stage 3 cfm vacuum pump and my aluminum degassing chamber this would take forever to purge. I make sap/shatter thats crystal clear zero bubbles/cloudiness anything all thanks to my pump and chamber.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greyskull general rule of thumb is that you should hot water purge for 10-15 minutes per gram of oil.

oh snap!

hot water purge, or total purge time?
thats a long time for only hot water purging....

when I have blasted 6z of material and have 45g of oil & gas sitting in my collection dish i should be hot water purging for minimum 7.5hrs before i move it for the low and slow completion?

or am i missing something (very easy im not the brightest star in the sky sometimes... i know i know you cant tell huh hahahaha)

the way i was taught, the ways ive seen on videos online, most folks are hot water purging for what seems to be only until the hot water goes cold before they move to the hot plate.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thanks for the 411 all

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i dont use any final hotplate purge, but what he means is based on final yield numbers. for example if you purge a dish that will yield about 6 grams of oil, 90 minutes should suffice. for 3 grams, 45 minutes is most likely plenty.

Last edited:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the clarification hmk thats what i was thinking too but wanted to be certain

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Yeah, you're smart enough GS. This ain't rocket science. Some people just like to make it seem that way so they can feel smarter :blowbubbles:

Heat is heat, what do you think the hot plate is doing? Purging the butane that didn't get purged in the hot bath. And maybe decarbing your oil if it's too hot.

Yeah, I can't understand why people would think a vacuum would let them purge a thicker sheet than without? They just don't understand physics and shit. LOL.

Kab

Kab- Just curious, but what made you think vacuum purging is only good for a gram less? You seem a bit confused about the whole thing. Being in lab or not in lab doesn't mean anything if you have the proper equipment and safe enviorment to work in thats all that matters. Anyone can get quality vacuum pumps with low micron ratings, degassing chambers, vacuum ovens, lab hot plates, etc. If you would like some links just pm me.

I have 11" diameter degassing chamber that can easily purge ounce plus at less than 1/8" thickness and can be kept at constant heat. Without the aid of my 2 stage 3 cfm vacuum pump and my aluminum degassing chamber this would take forever to purge. I make sap/shatter thats crystal clear zero bubbles/cloudiness anything all thanks to my pump and chamber.

Hi MID you are right I first answer to you because I think you are so peaceful and your ideas are clear.Now I explain to you why I think vacuum is good only for small extactions.
First of all :
What is that keep the bho liquid or fluid? Butane gas.
How can the butane stay fluid in the bho? With temperature.
How has to be the surface of the pyrex dish? The most wide as possible.
So where is the temperature in the cheap vacuum machine?
Where is the surface?
When I mean lab machine I mean a very expensive vacuum machine with a half-open ball of pyrex wich always rotate in a hot water.These machines also have a serious vacuum pump.
If you have a little vacuum machine and you hope that the "so light power of the little noizy pump" should aspire butane, you can try to aspire butane with human breath.You will get the same results.Of course, with this sentence,I'm funny,I'm not offending you when I'm suggesting you to aspire butane with your mouth.Ok?Ok.It was just to bring you an example.
Backing to the lab machines, only in this case we can be sure to purgue a high quantity of bho.
I was talking about 1 g just because with small quantities like this
you don ' t have the problem of the surface,temperature etc..
Now I want to make you enjoying another time before going to answer to some jumpers.If I only have 20 posts on IC it doesn't mean that I started to smoke 20 days ago.

p48ahxsd.jpg

p49ahxsd.jpg

p50ahxsd.jpg

Ah, and to everybody : I always start my sentences with "I THINK".
Next time I will use IMO to be more clear.
So

again

PEACE

Kab

Yeah, you're smart enough GS. This ain't rocket science. Some people just like to make it seem that way so they can feel smarter :blowbubbles:

Heat is heat, what do you think the hot plate is doing? Purging the butane that didn't get purged in the hot bath. And maybe decarbing your oil if it's too hot.

Yeah, I can't understand why people would think a vacuum would let them purge a thicker sheet than without? They just don't understand physics and shit. LOL.

Yes you are right too.I think the secret,if there is a secret, is keeping and fixing the hot bath or the hot plate at the right temperature to make the gas fly away from the bho.
I would like to boss a secret about the adjectives given to the bho.I think them are just adjectives.Amber,Crystal,Budder,Wax,Sugar..
I think that adjectives don t stand for different extracion or purguing technique.I think the extraction technique is the same and the fynal look of the bho only depends on the strain of the starting plant adn eventually on the climate condictions of the room(or outside if you stay in the garden).I think that the only one different product that you can get is when you get the BUDDER and in my opinion it only happens when you go over with the temperature(when the water or the plate is too hot) and imo it is not a beautiful thing.

Look at these pictures.The extract is the same.The first one is when finished to work the bho and I hold it in the freezer for few minutes just for keeping it away frome the blades to put it in my finally bag (a glass bag);and it looked so freezy,so crystal.The second picture was took some days later.
Look the extract is the same.Look what wheater has done to the bho.Woooooo

p58g13hxdsd.jpg

p62g13hxdsd.jpg

Kab

Red I forgot to tell you that I've read your posts in this section and they are very useful.
I also like the videos about M EM. They are a chance for me to better my english LOL :)
I say HOLA and THANKS to every one, now I take some dab.

Latest posts

Latest posts