What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~BHO LOVERS~

UNILITE

;)
picture.php

:)

:)

I made this BHO the other day between rain showers.... it was just some random bud my neighbor gave me, no clue what strain... it does smoke nice and smooth, and two dabs will do! :)

Snype

Veteran
First real slab that I made. 72.5 hours in the vac chamber with temps never exceeding 100F. 6 month old ChemdogDD flowers:
picture.php

It only gets better from here!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I, for one, would like to know your approximate vac technique. I found this post from months ago where you state,

"To answer your questions I would shoot for 115-125 in vac until reaction stops... that last part is very strain dependent and might call for raising temps even higher, only experience can give you exact answers."
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5800186#post5800186

Power 5... what can I say, not bad stuff, but it's lowly, amazing results!! Thanks for sharing!

montroller

My tech is basic.

I do a water bath until it isn't runny then bring it inside for a 45 minute heat purge in a dehydrator to slowly bring temps up to 125.

Then it gets a 5-15 minute pull in the vac, just until the first couple of muffins stop forming. Sometimes it takes two rounds in the dehydrator to drop the first muffins. Then I heat it again for 15-20 minutes back to 125 and do a final pull until reaction stops or I am satisfied that the bubbles forming are not butane anymore. I.E. the bubbles are just falling back onto themselves making more pockets

After that it gets a 2-4 hour heat purge at 110.

I know the new hype is something like 95 degrees for 95 hours but I honestly feel like I retain terps better with a quick purge. It is almost like the terpenes are volatilizing at a steady rate regardless of my temps so I prefer to get the tane out ASAP and finish up so I can get it in a chilled environment.

jmw1971

it really sucks to see all these fools blowing themselves up and getting burned all over there bodies doing something that when done properly and with a little common sense is a completely safe process. in every case i have read its always the human element of the process that makes the fatal error. so if your blasting material please please please dont light up a smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its always the few idiots that ruin it for the masses!

RitualDelFuego

Singe solvent de-waxed 48hr purge inside the spool, with the spool sitting in a pot of water at around 100, cycle the valve to exhaust between hard vac and atmosphere around a ten times before pulling deep vacuum and letting it sit overnight with occasional changes of warm water as needed.

it an ideal method, it works plenty good but it isn't ideal. I want an oven.

picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hee, hee, hee, ya'll are posting amazing stuff compared to a decade ago. Hats off to the efforts ya'll have dedicated to the cause and the impressive product evolution you've created.

jump /injack

Veteran
Dang, I just got around to checking out some of my other test results from last month... I can safely say that I have been killing it lately!

http://sclabs.com/sample-detail.html?id=80149
http://sclabs.com/sample-detail.html?id=80154
http://sclabs.com/sample-detail.html?id=80152

Any time trim runs go over 80% I am stoked but 89:dance013::woohoo::dance013:

Cannabinoid Summary
red-box.png
Total THC
Δ9THC+THCa
89.19 %

That's very pretty. 89.19% is unbelievable. What does Jack Herer do to you when its that pure? Can't remember what it does to you, that's OK I understand.

I am a little embarrassed to say that I mixed a bunch of bottom of the bag and older nugs to make this run happen. but on the bright side I do have some decent product as a result....

Happy toking :bongsmi: