What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bgb and zam looking for a couple mums!!

G

ganjygav

Dude spidermites are unforgivable serious man I hope the dude gets he's forskin caught in a rosin press!!!

Haha,
He actually come to my yard last night to see the state of them.
I asked him do you harden them off and nah, he basically sees roots and puts them in pots of soil.
HE'S going to bring me another clone on Monday in better shape so I get to keep to the 6 I wanted.

I'm well known as a complainer locally always moaning about weed and sending it back to the dealers. Not sure why they let me get away with it but they do. I don't care about upsetting dealers as everyman and his dog sells bud but I've only got one clone fairy so I have to wear soft gloves when complaining cos I don't want to lose him but he still has to know that I ain't happy.

G

ganjygav

Is keeping a motherplant not an option for you?

Literally nowhere to put it fella.
I did have my tent set up pretty much year round in my bedroom. I decorated and put new furniture in there after last grow and its left me no room for my tent.
Plus I'm in rented property and one week a year at least I have to pack everything outta sight.

So now I can only do one grow a year, I'm limited.

G

ganjygav

Bonsai motherplant in a computer case?

This is a possibility. A very real possibility. Then I could keep this tang strain. Gonna have to go read some threads I think. I've already said to my Mrs I want to try take some clones this time and see if I can get some of them to root. Didn't have any plans for the clones as I won't be able to grow them but just wanted to have another go and get that feather in my cap.

Cheers

Blazeee

Veteran
This is a possibility. A very real possibility. Then I could keep this tang strain. Gonna have to go read some threads I think. I've already said to my Mrs I want to try take some clones this time and see if I can get some of them to root. Didn't have any plans for the clones as I won't be able to grow them but just wanted to have another go and get that feather in my cap.

Cheers

If you do try to make some clones this time i highly recomennd that you purchase some jiffy pellets, clonex and a propagator and a spray bottle + scalpel, you should be able to get everything for less than £20, and you will have alot more success than trying to clone in dirt with a drinks bottle as a dome.

As far as lighting goes definitely try to use a day light bulb as ive noticed cuts yellow up quicker under orange lights.

They sell single tube lamps, 60cm long for around £20 in most grow shops, i think they are the nanolux 24w bulb ones with the small reflector attatched, i highly recommend that you get one of those than trying to clone under the 600w hps.

Then just rig everything up in maybe an old chest of draws or a cabinet, you should have enough room to keep a couple small mothers and to make clones, along with keeping everything hidden out of sight from visitors.

G

ganjygav

If you do try to make some clones this time i highly recomennd that you purchase some jiffy pellets, clonex and a propagator and a spray bottle + scalpel, you should be able to get everything for less than £20, and you will have alot more success than trying to clone in dirt with a drinks bottle as a dome.

As far as lighting goes definitely try to use a day light bulb as ive noticed cuts yellow up quicker under orange lights.

They sell single tube lamps, 60cm long for around £20 in most grow shops, i think they are the nanolux 24w bulb ones with the small reflector attatched, i highly recommend that you get one of those than trying to clone under the 600w hps.

Then just rig everything up in maybe an old chest of draws or a cabinet, you should have enough room to keep a couple small mothers and to make clones, along with keeping everything hidden out of sight from visitors.

LOL yeah I remember that. I snapped that bit off by accident and thought I would have a go.
Ive seen plants cloned in a glass of water near a window before, not cannabis mind.
I have a had a couple of goes at cloning with a kit I brought from ebay including all them things you listed. I've still got the light and use it to grow mushrooms time to time.
I was impatient and messed around with them too much I reckon and I never got any to root.

1st attempt they got mould growing up stems because I sprayed them too much
2nd attempt I did the opposite worrying about mould and they dried up.
That's when I decided I would stick with seeds.

That was near on 10 year ago though, I reckon its about time to give it a go again. 3rd time lucky and all that.

Blazeee

Veteran
LOL yeah I remember that. I snapped that bit off by accident and thought I would have a go.
Ive seen plants cloned in a glass of water near a window before, not cannabis mind.
I have a had a couple of goes at cloning with a kit I brought from ebay including all them things you listed. I've still got the light and use it to grow mushrooms time to time.
I was impatient and messed around with them too much I reckon and I never got any to root.

That was near on 10 year ago though, I reckon its about time to give it a go again. 3rd time lucky and all that.

Definately give it a go mate, especially if youve got most of the stuff.

Just buy a new bottle of clonex as it does do off after while if youve been dipping cuts directly in to it.

I usually just spray the cuts lightly, along with the dome once ive taken them. No need to spray again after that.

If temps are a bit hot after 10 days or so i will give the jiffys a light spray, other than that i just leave them do to their thing.

I used to pay for cuts years ago until my friends got fed up of selling them to me and told me to make them my self and become self sufficient. I had built it up in my head that it was a difficult task to do. Previously before that i had tried the whole drinks bottle thing with no luck. I still remember the first time i got the jiffys and made a tray of clones and my amazement when the majority had rooted, couldnt believe how easy it was and how much money i had wasted on buying rooted clones lol. Then tha feeling sunk in thinking about all the strains i had grown from seed before hand that turned out to be amazing, and I never took cuts off because i was to unsure and didnt know how / didnt have the equipment.

mr.brunch

Veteran

Weed does root in water on a window ledge as well, have done this lots of times... as long as it’s trimmed back neatly to the node with any greenery on that node removed... change the water every few days... they can take a bit longer to show roots- but no rooting hormone, no prop, no hassle :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Found a pic in my albums.... this was gh Jack Herer

picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Weed does root in water on a window ledge as well, have done this lots of times... as long as it’s trimmed back neatly to the node with any greenery on that node removed... change the water every few days... they can take a bit longer to show roots- but no rooting hormone, no prop, no hassle :tiphat:

Yes this does also work. I occasionally do the same thing with the tops of flowering males to collect pollen and have had a few of them root while im waiting for pollen to drop.

G

ganjygav

I had seen it done with house plants with the glass of water. Ive taken cuttings from a grape vine and just stuck them in a bucket of soil and left in a cold frame and a good few of them rooted and started to grow the next spring.

That one I stuck in in the soil with drinks bottle on top was gg#4. I had snapped the main stem trying to tie it over. It was the only surviving clone from the horror story I was telling before.
I had dipped it in some organic rooting powder and stuck it in the soil. I live half hour drive from local grow shop so that was the best I could do at the time in that situation. Any other plant I wouldn't have bothered but seeing as it was gg4 it was worth a punt.

Ive been watching videos and reading threads on that pc case and bonsai mothers thing. It looks like a fun little project and I could keep a clone for a year in there which would mean I would be able to take my own cuts next year when I can grow again.
I'm gonna have a go cheers.

scrogrow

aint got nothing now lads

no mums

no seeds

no poxy fans and filters

its bgb with a new account (zam to proove its me id say psychocindy,jaffa caked and ya first dab back in the fold fam holla

zamzia

Veteran
Bro, you're not still on that phone number? Been trying to contact hereigrowagain too, to find out if you were ok

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
My man! You're Alive and well!!!!!
Happy to have you back mate. I don't have much in my collection but if you need some beans I can send you some.

scrogrow

Bro, you're not still on that phone number? Been trying to contact hereigrowagain too, to find out if you were ok

nah man the dibble still got that phone new number let me get my post count up and il message ya as soon as possible

im over happy i managed to re-connect with you my main man als getting much better this end

scrogrow

My man! You're Alive and well!!!!!
Happy to have you back mate. I don't have much in my collection but if you need some beans I can send you some.

man im really touched with youroffer but ive been offered a tonne of beans and cuts so im quite spoiled for choice atmand also that clone fairyofmines is still about so fingers crossed eh?