What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bfop

doams

thinking about autos under 20/4 then 18/6 laters
maybe two autos in 2,5l pots for quick round
starting in a week or two..

:kos:

doams

The other day was about to get this coco started but 7+ months on this ph probe is just too much even when using those storing solutions.

Ordered two more pens and thinking about ordering one more and some probes this sux the damn pen showed 4 as 5.7 and 7 as 7 f. that :D

I will get one of those 300+usd ph checkers too.

Decided on strains for this round two autos:

1xAuto Durban poison
1xAuto Wild Thailand Ryder

each in 2.5l coco /it will be the next level of lst insanity haha./

updates soon

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I use this meter from Jellas. It's inexpensive ($15), it comes with both 4 and 7 calibration powders for making your own testing solution, and it's been rock solid for nearly a year now.

Even let it dry out accidentally once and it's still good. :)

doams

managed to put these into coco left Durban right Wtra
picture.php

quick fix
picture.php

still have to order that 300+usd ph pen haha.

soaked coco in 6.24 mix for 15minutes then repeat.
picture.php

hanna reported this as 6.20 need that 3rd reading to sleep better..

Lets see how fast they pop in this heat
laters :D

Douglas.Curtis

FWIW, if you keep your meter probe wet in a glass of r/o water, it lasts months and months without needing recalibration. I've never used 'storage' solution or whatever the mfg recommends, and I rarely have to recalibrate more than twice a year.

The last meter I had worked for years, till I accidentally let it dry out in the Vegas heat. Grabbed the $15 one and it's worked like a charm for a year now. Good luck with the $300 jobbie. :)

doams

started one durban fem seed
soaked coco @6.02 this time.

its too early to tell but I am starting to like that hanna meter more
maybe Ill get some spare probes instead of that 300usd one but want to have both just to be sure still deciding nothing beats three opinions from three meters on ph!

btw my phdown mix with distilled degraded after half year did not noticed it before coz Ive used before it had chance to degrade/go weak.

for the fresh mix 15drops was plenty
today used 1.5ml of ph down to bring it from 7.1 to 6.02 thats a lot of ph down gonna use this and make fresh when its gone.

room temps stay near 90f which sux.
ac is ded great!

doams

both autos popped today first awtr then durban they are under 1x12w warm and 1x10w cold bulbs and under dome temps 80-90f :(

Wild Thailand Ryder auto
picture.php

Durban auto
picture.php

both are just few hours up.
btw no timer in the box yet will give them 18/6 hours of light for their first day..

still waiting for normal fem durban to pop

Douglas.Curtis

Nice seedlings! :D

I use r/o water exclusively, along with pH up (potassium carbonate) powder. Nutrients drop the pH down to around 4 and then I up the pH to my starting point.

With coco and r/o, depending on how balanced your nutrients are, you may need a calcium and/or epsom salt addition. You'll also be able to take advice straight from other growers using coco and r/o, no differences like tap water brings up. ;)

doams

day 3

timer is in the box @18/6

durban fem
picture.php

durban auto /in the dryest coco of dem all pots/
picture.php

wild thailand ryder auto /coco is too wet high humidity opened vent a bit on the dome to let it dry/
in the most wet coco of dem all this is too much moist and condensation is bad mkay

looks like she wanna go stunted but wont let her lets see
picture.php

Last edited:

doams

decided to remove the dome on thai completely for a day
gotta let it dry coco is wet and holding tons of water..

doams

wtra after 24h outside dome looks nice and dry theres that white hairs thing going on @stem but coco is still wet shes back under dome with vent open
picture.php

doams

wtra
picture.php

durban auto
picture.php

looks like something is off or missing so she got flushed with lots of calmag and full strenght bloom+micro @5.9

durban fem her pot is wet too dome was removed to let it dry
picture.php

doams

gonna flush everything and add grow nutes to the mix
was using only bloom/micro/calmags no grow nutes.
dunno why.

will up the ppms and if that dont help gonna open those brand new GH flora nute bottles got all three of them 1l each..
its like I forget everything each new round but why?
I know why..:D

doams

day 8/9

durban fem
picture.php

durban auto /recovering after N&K deprivation/ bloom nutes instead of grow dont work here/.
picture.php

poor stunted auto thai will have to flush and see
picture.php

doams

doams, how's that thailand ryder doing?

its ded
lol

will have to fix her pot and make some more drain holes coz every seedling in there is getting cold feet and go stunted.

that thai was tripping balls and mutating hard too
it sux it was the only seed but got some congos fem as replacement.

btw dont like that sweet durban auto smell reminds me of skunk and thats bad bad smell for me!
hope it will not be as bad as that euforia plant.

doams

looks like congo fem might do it /shes in that bad no drain pot /was about to end her suffering but she grow a bit better when the coco is dry a bit now shes still stunted but I dont mind smaller plant in that soon full from bottom to top and left to right packed box/.

both durbans are doing fine gonna repot them next week and will switch to 12/12 too.
will change carbon in the filter when preflowers show up dont want to have the place stinky like last time with that 18 weeks durban when freshly cutted plant killed the carbon and the whole place was strong ganja smell but the carbon was 6months old at that time..

doams

dunno whats wrong but there are tiny brown spots on few leafs maybe too much calmag or I should switch to bloom nutes and its P deficiency there are brown parts on some leafs or its overwatering oh well.

congo is recovering from stunted cold feet state and looks better.

both durbans repotted to 2.5l coco pots.
pics update in a week..
already switched to 12/12 few days ago..

laters

doams

day 31 from seed for both durbans.

switched to 12/12 maybe a week ago /lost track of time was vaping trash from last remains of durban haha/. by trash I mean old ded moldy leafs and shit but still potent coz there is nothing else left to vape.

anyway

AUTO Durban
picture.php

picture.php

Durban fem
picture.php

Ace`s Congo is doing better it was stunted cold feet at the start
picture.php

gonna LST AUTO Durban soon.
one bulb died again will fix that too.

laters