Oh man, where have you been?

041201-N-3019M-001.jpg

x-ray-lorry-ukcps.jpg

NO this is NOT A DRAWING!!!
20070517160555124.jpg

Landrover%20x-ray%20with%20gun1_7MB%20JP.JPG

Vauxhall%20Meriva%20with%20threat%20item.jpg

SVXi%20on%20airfield.JPG

SVXi is a rapid deployment mobile vehicle x-ray inspection system suitable for vehicles up to the size of a small van.

• Typical set up time 10 minutes
  • Typical scan time 1 minute
  • Real-time image on laptop screen
  • Sub-millimetre image resolution
  • Simple to use image processing
  • Mobile system for flexible deployment

See the gun and bullets?
Ford%202%20detail.bmp

As an antiterror measure, the US government has deployed mobile X-ray technology to randomly scan cars and trucks. But the measure is riling privacy proponents.

Using the Z Backscatter Van, officials detected drugs hidden in the body of this pickup truck.

this is a good counterpoint, but i think the OP was talking about backscatter used on a traffic in motion
i believe the system you are showing is done on stationary vehicles with no passengers
i believe this system generates a dangerous level of x-ray for living things
now the backscatter for people in airports is a different beast, tiny radiation levels
but the metal skin of a vehicle needs a much higher level to image

EDIT: seems the OP didn't mention traffic in motion, i may have read that in - though there were a few posts that did mention that
but x-raying vehicles isn't all that new, used to be a small number of fixed setups at nation's ports mostly

Last edited:

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Way to much paranoia, First. what does one of these units cost? with todays economy I have my doubts about my local sheriff getting one of these,hell they don't have enough money to open the whole jail. Two size They seem to be rather large, not gonna fit one in a mini van. Three again money to train a crew or two or three crews to operate the system. Does anyone realize how much power a radar that size draws. I ran a radar in the army that used 7.5KW to 10 kw depending on the mode of operation. so you have to haul a big a generator to power it up. I just don't see the local coppers getting anything like this cause it'll cost way to much to buy and operate not to mention size, just to find some grower in a bedroom. amy two cents.

Yggdrasil

This is exactly what Hitler did, all in the name of security.

Also, anyone who has worked with top secret stuff in the military knows, that if the public knows certain technology exists, there is already something twice as good, and they have had that tech for 10 years. In other words, if you think this is fucked up. Just wait.

This country is starting to piss me off. I'm tired of having my rights taken away slowly, one thing at a time, and no one seems to care. What is it going to take for people to finally stand up?[/q

Fantastic point! It's frightening to think of how little we know about what's actually going with "big brother".

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
seriously this shit goes on without our knowledge.

That and a LOT MORE we don't even know about.

This is just the tip of the iceberg!

So much about this being a free country and the greatest one in the world!

^^^^^^^Not a statement I have been making!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
this is a good counterpoint, but i think the OP was talking about backscatter used on a traffic in motion
i believe the system you are showing is done on stationary vehicles with no passengers

Some of them but not all.

Look again!
icon12.gif

igrowone

Veteran

Some of them but not all.

Look again!
icon12.gif

from what i saw, these were stationary inspection systems
imaging a moving vehicle is possible, but that would be a powerful dose of x-rays
the very low dose of the backscatter x-rays at airports works because it only has to penetrate clothing
and even these tiny doses are 'advertised', i.e. people are given the option for pat down if they are uncomfortable with the low x-ray dose

FreeMan

I & I laughs at their desire to control. To seek control is to bring great aggravation on oneself, It's like trying to control a dream. Mother nature will always be in charge, and for every scanner sold, I've got a seed just waiting to pop.

Mash it up slave dodgers :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts