What's new

Best yielding strain?

kaneboy

dutchpassion skywalker was real impressive,sensi super skunk,rez killerchem and nirvanas white rhino and northern lights have all been top producers(for me thats 6oz and more )and i only use a 400 watt son agro with soil

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool i can respect ya for that. Wish I could give ya a pack to make a grow report on them to add another weapon to your SOL assualt gear.

Hey I appreciate it man but I have more beans that I do time so why don't you grow some of them out and post a nice grow show for us all? :ying:

SOTF420

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey I appreciate it man but I have more beans that I do time so why don't you grow some of them out and post a nice grow show for us all? :ying:

SOTF420

Just sprouted some Donk they are 5 days old 10/10. If I was not so paranoid about posting pics i would probally just do that.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't be paranoid man, life is too short. :canabis:

100% germ sounds about right for SOL beans.

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope no one minds me getting off the subject here a lil. Since the thread is slowing down. Plus got SOTF420 probably still checking in. Is there a such thing as what we call 4 corner strain out there. Potency, Yield, Bag Appeal, and Flavor?

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I'm sure it's a good yielder if Steve said it is, I do not post about strains I have not grown myself. (or have not seen growing in person) Same reason I did not put blockhead in this list. But they are both big yielders so I have heard! :canabis:

+k to you ;)

I can vouch for Blockhead being big on yield.
I'll be starting some BH f2's next month. :jump:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Is there a such thing as what we call 4 corner strain out there. Potency, Yield, Bag Appeal, and Flavor?
I'm sure there is such a plant (in fact lots of them), but I very much doubt you could pin it down to one strain!

If it was so easy, that's what everybody would be buying, and there would be no need for this forum.

It is IMHO a game of pheno-hunting and a great 'freak' plant may come from any line, that's nature. Of course, you're more likely to succeed with some varieties than with others, but it's never guaranteed.

Plus, you seem to have left out the most important element by far: Quality of High, which is not the same as potency...

====

Best yielders outdoors are always the big sativas, which can give several pounds per plant, but you need a warm climate.

Indoors it's trickier, as the "acknowledged" big yielders are often mediocre smoke, best to go with something you really like that yields 10%-20% less, unless you don't care about quality and only want quantity. (Why???)

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sure there is such a plant (in fact lots of them), but I very much doubt you could pin it down to one strain!

If it was so easy, that's what everybody would be buying, and there would be no need for this forum.

It is IMHO a game of pheno-hunting and a great 'freak' plant may come from any line, that's nature. Of course, you're more likely to succeed with some varieties than with others, but it's never guaranteed.

Plus, you seem to have left out the most important element by far: Quality of High, which is not the same as potency...

====

Best yielders outdoors are always the big sativas, which can give several pounds per plant, but you need a warm climate.

Indoors it's trickier, as the "acknowledged" big yielders are often mediocre smoke, best to go with something you really like that yields 10%-20% less, unless you don't care about quality and only want quantity. (Why???)

Good information tips like that keep a man perspective in check. At least it should. As far as quality that is what i am striving to obtain. Sometimes getting it confused with potency. Thanks for clearing that up for me. The yield factor is just a bonus. Im new at these sites and having so much at your fingertips and with so many different strains available. You would think someone have gotten it right by now huh? LOL :dunno:. I never could have even thought so many different strains and hybrids was available. So instead of buying 20 different strain which i already had done. You will just hope some just step up and say here is the ultimate strain. GROW IT. As how we are different and or needs and goals are these strains are to. That what makes this ggrrreeeaaatt. Once again good info.

keat

From the ones i've grown northen lights is the best yielder.
I read that the kc39 from kc brains was a super yielder wich was bull, wouldnt even get a 20 grams of it. BAH!!!!!!

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran

I totally agree. I've had some monster yields from a plant that produced 'ok' quality, but not great.. then I've had plants that had a medium yield with outstanding product.. I think a lot of it depends on if you're growing for resale or personal stash..

mgk :tiphat:

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
From the ones i've grown northen lights is the best yielder.
I read that the kc39 from kc brains was a super yielder wich was bull, wouldnt even get a 20 grams of it. BAH!!!!!!

From my experience:

NL#5 x Blueberry

Dr. Atomic

Great yield and deep penetrating strong effect. Friends LOVE it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevi

Its true.Some of the Cheese specimens can achieve enormous yields.I had one (a normal BB Cheese),and after having flowered almost 11 weeks,it gave a place near 130 dry grams,and I know of others that have had good ones too.Its not all of them,but some of them can reach real high yields.

6 years later........ Any more strain suggestions? Id say for the most part, we can all agree yield is an added bonus. Id like to know everyones opinion on what was the best ballanced strain quality/quantity?