What's new

Best Vaporizer for under $200???

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
My digital natural goods vape is under $200 USD. It had a temp readout so you don't combust.

boroboro

http://purple-days.com/

$180 US. Very small bowl, but one is all it takes for me and my herb. It's not the thing for a party, but perfect for one or two people. Should stay plugged in 24/7, since it takes 30 minutes to warm up.

I've had mine for six months or so. Next to seeds and lights it's the best cannabis purchase I've ever made.

i got the silver surfer like 4 -5 years ago and its great... i dunno packabowl ive gotten thick vapor hits from my ssv, really thick but it wasnt smoke.bowl was still lime green.and temp was at a low setting you could pull as slow as you want and it wouldnt combust. good weed produces thick vapor from the mouth that dissipates quickly.. i would recommend the silver surfer though..nice heating element glass on glass and very sturdy...i could never understand how people say they dont get high off vaping, when im blowing out these huge ass hits of vapor getting completely ripped.

Collie Man

the point of vaping isn't to combust though. thats what the VB is more prone to doing than the volcano.

there should be vaporizers that are considered 50% vape and 50% combustion b/c thats how people use em.

the idea of the volcano is 100% vaping which is the way to go if you are gonna vape..

That's why you don't turn it up all the way man! I know Volcano is the gods of the vaporizers but Vapor Brothers is the same idea and is still as good. On a vapor brothers there is a knob you can turn. If you keep it at 12 o clock or 11 o clock that is perfect. Now if you wanna get some nice big hits turn it up to 1 o clock.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
The vaper brothers looks nice n the price is right... Im not payin 500 dollars for a volcano thats for damn sure, plus im not tryna smoke out of a bag.

There are plenty of cheap vaporizer options such as the V Tower Extreme, i-Olite, Purple Days, etc.. You can pick up a used Volcano for as low as $250 on ebay at the right time and since they're built like tanks, you have nothing to worry about. Vapor from the Volcano in a bag is actually the healthiest and most effective way to get the most possible THC. There is no other inhalation consumption method that has been proven more effective, including whip vapes. This has all been proven. Just my :2cents:

bens lab

I've got a silver surfer & volcano. The ssv is out on my desk permanently, the volcano is good but gives me a dry scratchy throat after a while.

The ssv with a bong attached is way better than the volcano. Like others have said you really can take some hefty bong vape hits off the silver surfer, it's alot cheaper too.

I reckon the verdamper would be the shit, but it's really expensive, anything with a ceramic heater and whip system will most likely work well.

I like the idea of combining bong and vape but the reality is that you're defeating the purpose of vaping by adding the bong factor. Remember, studies have proven that some THC is filtered out through the water, therefore eliminating a % of THC from what you're actually inhaling. A bong also takes SOME carcinogens out but creates a higher overall carcinogen(tar) to THC ratio. A joint is actually more THC efficient and healthier than a bong and because of the THC/carcinogen ratio. They even reitterated this fact on a recent episode of Manswers on TV. More facts to support this are 2 posts below me.

Polsevogn

aparently you don't know what you are doing, this is why the VB sucks balls.

Yeah buddy, good job being the token jackass who replies with strong, ignorant words.

I don't burn the weed in my VB, it comes out the way it's supposed to come out, and I don't turn it up very high or oversmoke bowls until it starts to combust. This was a completely asinine comment that I hope dissuades noone.

I've had the thing for a while, and worked my way up to more elaborate bong and GB uses. I know exactly how to get good vape and prevent burning, and comments to the contrary are just wrong.

Remember, studies have proven that THC is not water soluble, therefore water eliminates a % of THC from what you're actually inhaling..

Not water soluble means it's.... well.. NOT water soluble. Which means water doesn't remove it. Studies have proven you have got it backwards :nanana:

Water will remove a little (because it's not completely insoluble in water), but you get so much more THC out of vaping this is negligible. The bong lets me get bigger, smoother hits, and makes it more satisfying, that's why I do it.

There's some other stuff you say in there that's messed up too, but, well, whatever. :joint:

The vaper brothers looks nice n the price is right... Im not payin 500 dollars for a volcano thats for damn sure, plus im not tryna smoke out of a bag.

Go for it mate. I am sure volcanos work better, but I've never had a gripe with my VB, and my friends who have other kinds of vapes rave about the hits I can get out of it. Don't let the haters turn you off :p

I'm probably checking out of this thread; let us know when you make a choice!

Not water soluble means it's.... well.. NOT water soluble. Which means water doesn't remove it. Studies have proven you have got it backwards :nanana:

Water will remove a little (because it's not completely insoluble in water), but you get so much more THC out of vaping this is negligible. The bong lets me get bigger, smoother hits, and makes it more satisfying, that's why I do it.

There's some other stuff you say in there that's messed up too, but, well, whatever. :joint:

Oops I meant tar/cannibinoid ratio. Not trying to argue, just supply facts so people can make informed choices. Everything I stated makes sense but don't take my word for it, here are quotes right out of the scientific studies done...

"Contrary to popular impression, waterpipes don't necessarily protect smokers from harmful tars in marijuana smoke, according to a new study sponsored by MAPS and California NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws). The reason is that waterpipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect. The study does not rule out the possibility that waterpipes could have other benefits, such as filtering out gases, but it suggests that other methods, such as the use of high potency marijuana, vaporizers, or oral ingestion are needed to avoid harmful toxins in marijuana smoke.

The study focused on two key components of the smoke: (1) total solid particulates, or tars, which are noxious waste by-products of burning leaf like those from tobacco; and (2) cannabinoids, the chemicals distinctive to marijuana, including its major psychoactive ingredient, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and its two commonest chemical relatives, cannabinol (CBN) and cannabidiol (CBD), which are only weakly psychoactive but may have medical benefits.

Surprisingly, the unfiltered joint outperformed all devices except the vaporizers, with a ratio of about 1 part cannabinoids to 13 parts tar.

The percentage of total THC delivered to the user is called the THC transfer rate. The unfiltered joint scored surprisingly well in smoking efficiency, coming in second place with a transfer rate close to 20%.

Disappointingly, waterpipes performed uniformly worse than the unfiltered joint. The least bad waterpipe, the bong, produced 30% more tar per cannabinoids than the unfiltered joint. Ironically, the pipe with the electric mixer scored by far the worst of any device. This suggests that water filtration is actually counterproductive, apparently because water tends to absorb THC more readily than noxious tars. Like the waterpipes, the cigarette filter also performed worse than the unfiltered joint, by about 30%. Researchers speculate this is because cannabinoids are exceptionally sticky and adhere to other solids. Hence, any filtration system that picks up particulates is likely also to screen out cannabinoids.

The study results are obviously discomforting to waterpipe enthusiasts, many of whom prefer the cooler, milder smoke they produce, and have naturally assumed it is also more healthful. Unfortunately, however, the study indicates that waterpipes may actually be counterproductive in increasing consumption of carcinogenic tars."

All of the above and more can be found at http://www.maps.org/mmj/vaporizer.html

I hope that clears things up. =)

for my water filter i used an old small childrens robitussin bottle.. its like a hard plastic bottle.. i cut a hole in the lid using a steak knife, carve out a nice little hole just big enough for the whip to be pushed through..then i carve out another hole near the the top.also i cut out a small carb. cut about 3" of you whip off and place it in the second hole.. use a little tape to seal .and stick the end of your whip down the hole in the lid to almost the bottom...nice little easy water filter for you whip vape.. makes the hits smoother and it stops the inhalation of tiny bits of herb that make it through the screen.you see what goes in your lungs floating around in the water..dont have the end of your whip submerged to much, also dont use alot of water maybe 1/3 of the bottle..hits like a champ and very easy to make...
'

Polsevogn

Oops I meant tar/cannibinoid ratio. Not trying to argue, just supply facts so people can make informed choices. Everything I stated makes sense but don't take my word for it, here are quotes right out of the scientific studies done...

Interesting study for sure, I owe you +K for that once I refill.

That said, adding a bong to a vape doesn't make it smoking a bong. It makes it pulling a vape through water. The study says vapes provide the best to this ratio, and the insolubility of THC in water suggests that a bong would do little to bely this advantage.

Vape will give you more THC than combusted pot and will lack much of the tar/nastiness from smoking, so why not pull it through a bong? I'm not saying the bong will contribute much to the vape's healthiness, as the vape is already the tops, but it's not going to make anything worse for you and isn't going to keep you from getting high.

It's nice, I advocate water-filtered vape greatly; It comes out much less "tickly" in the throat.

Good post though, just wanted to bring it back to vapes.

Interesting study for sure, I owe you +K for that once I refill.

That said, adding a bong to a vape doesn't make it smoking a bong. It makes it pulling a vape through water. The study says vapes provide the best to this ratio, and the insolubility of THC in water suggests that a bong would do little to bely this advantage.

Vape will give you more THC than combusted pot and will lack much of the tar/nastiness from smoking, so why not pull it through a bong? I'm not saying the bong will contribute much to the vape's healthiness, as the vape is already the tops, but it's not going to make anything worse for you and isn't going to keep you from getting high.

It's nice, I advocate water-filtered vape greatly; It comes out much less "tickly" in the throat.

Good post though, just wanted to bring it back to vapes.

Good point you made, thanks. I guess what I'm getting at is that you're getting more THC/high from just a vaporizer as opposed to a vaporizer through a bong or water. However, you gain the satisfaction of having an easier hit to inhale through the vapor/water filtration.

demasoni

you can't go wrong with a hotbox or vapobros, they are about the best you can do for under $200 most digital/adjustable ones are like 200+

Mr. Tony

Veteran
My friend bough a vapor bro's shit quit working one week in... he just threw it in the trash and got the valcano that has been getting very heavy everyday use for 2 years and never once had a fluke.

considering most everyone here grows it's fucking retarded not to just save up for a bit and just cop the volcano and not worry about anything else.

the vaporgenie is stupid, your still inhaling butane and fucking the taste up.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Da Buddha, made by the same people as the Silver Surfer...same thing just cheaper because you do not get hand blown attatchments. 159 bucks well spent, you can add on a bubbler or ice chamber and it is the shiznit!

Kizzattack

the vaporgenie is stupid, your still inhaling butane and fucking the taste up.
Don't start with your militant soldering iron proselytising. The taste is awesome, and free from butane. They sell hemp wick lighters too, although I've never tried them. I assume if you're one of those sensitive-tongued people that somehow taste butane, buying that would solve your problem.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Don't start with your militant soldering iron proselytising. The taste is awesome, and free from butane. They sell hemp wick lighters too, although I've never tried them. I assume if you're one of those sensitive-tongued people that somehow taste butane, buying that would solve your problem.

lol hemp wick is still burning, which meaning it's combusting, which means I'm not getting the purest taste.

I mean it wouldn't matter if I smoked beaster but i don't..

Bee line is way more dangerous imo that the hakko.

J

Jeff Lebowski

Vaporgenie
I guess you are sucking butane if you are pointing the flame into the bowl. I however, hold it way above and suck the heat down, not the flame. This is amazing for on the go, GetMO! I'll have Trybud give you an honest review soon too.

Vaporbrothers Ceramic
Go with the hands free option, between $150 and $180. It's amazing and you can make the most potent edibles ever with the leftovers (vaped bud). To the person who is burning weed with their vaporbrothers, you are a moron. Learn how to use the device before you make accusations that no one else has backed.

If you are a doc like Access, you can probably afford the Volcano. Personally, I'd rather drop 500 on some grow equipment, some top notch strains, or even an a few ounces of the finest.

The volcano is for Americans. No work, no sucking, goes in a plastic bag that at some point has to be tossed and the vape only will last 1-2 tops in the bag.
The vaporbrothers is more akin to our European counterparts. With a slower approach, you have to suck from the whip to get your glory but you can leave it on for 5-6 hours and not burn your shit or have it go stale. You can clean your parts with hot water, no chemicals and you can reuse the rubber tubing for years as long as you don't mix herbs (tobacco & weed, weed & other herbs).

There is a little work that is needed to get the vb set up, but hours down the road you will be so glad you did it. Having to use the entire bag from the Volcano before it turns to crap is more rushed. This ain't 4/20, no special event that needs to be completed quickly.

Do you like to rush your high or stroll the park?

Bottom line: Vaporbrothers at home, Vapor genie for on the go.