What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vape to minimize waste?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've been vapeng for at least 8 years (??). This is page 9 and i'd guess by now the OP has bought some kinda vape but my $.02:

no one has mentioned Silver Surfer desktop. Half the cost of a volcano, it's a wand type vape.. I have 3, just incase one dies and one is set up with an e-nail for dabbing. It sits next to my computer and 1-2 hits every once in a while keeps me 'stable'.

as far as portables, pax sux.. don't waste your money.. the rest are OK if one doesn't expect anywhere near the performance of a desk top (SSV or Volcano, ariser extreme is good too).

and to whoever asked, the smell of exhaling vaped weed smells allot like popcorn (to me) and nothing like cannabis. I've had my most noseworthy friend here and she didn't know I was doing it in the other room..
Since this post above from sometime ago, I purchased a Volcano, analog heat control.. The only advantage I can perceive is you pass the bag, not musical chairs (SSV) if there are multiple hitters.. kind of a PITA... unless I'm doing it wrong, a gram of nicely ground grade A doesnt last too long and what? 4-5 good blows ina bag? again, I could be overlooking some obvious step to nirvana.. if so, please let me know the secrets.. thanks:tiphat:
EDIT: I use the SSV (alone) 100% of the time.. thought about ExtremeQ but hose is too small in diameter for good heavy, short hits..

MrBungle

How many times do you fill the balloon before you cash it out? I used to get 2 or 3 balloons before it tasted spent.....

One thing I did to mellow the vapor was drop a small drop of water on the shredded herb... let the herb absorb the water before you start vaping... (just so you don't have a small puddle on your bud).. its the smoothest rip you will ever take...

My favorite thing about the volcano was the efficiency.... when the herb is spent its just brown... zero charring... the browns are great for making butter.... not the tastiest.. but it gets the job done... and it is already decarbed and broken up

green404

If you are looking to get every last bit out of your herbs the Vape Brothers has a wide heat range so you can turn it up to get all the materiel you want out of your herbs. It will go as high as to burn the herbs or as low as to not do anything.

I use a Pax also but the heat range will not go as high.

Max Headroom

Veteran
snook: how much of that gram are you putting into the chamber. not the whole gram i hope!
i cover the screen with weed to the thickness of a coin maybe - not more!
this yields 3-4 (large) bags.
using more is a waste IMHO.

G

ganjygav

I've just quit smoking cigarettes and weed.
I vape for nicotine although I'm cutting strength week by week. My next bottle will only be the 3mg strength.
I also picked up a little weed vape called the titan 2. It gets a lot of stick in reviews but I've had mine for 4 weeks now and I must have got an rare unit that works perfectly.
It holds 1/4 of a gram. Takes about 50 seconds to hit temp and it wrecks me. I'm ready for bed after 2 full chambers.
Best bit it only cost me £15 on ebay.

Like I say it gets a lot of negative reviews but I can't tell why or I haven't experienced any of the bad things I've read about it.
Its cheap and gets the job done.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
So far the only baked goods that I've made were with Malawi decarbed in the oven. That was pre-vape days. Since I've gotten the Solo II...I have attempted to discern whether there is any/enough THC left in the "browns" (ABV) to justify keeping and either eating...or making cannabutter with. I'm going to count your vote as a "NO" as to whether it's worth keeping.... because it's full of unhealthy sh*t. Clearly an important consideration.
Thank you for the information.:tiphat:
Do you smoke cigarettes? I know you smoked joints and pipes, samey same.
It is my unscientific logic that tells me if one smokes cigs, the smoke is 'allot' hotter, heavier and more mentally fulfilling representation of the way hitting a joint is more like inhaling cig smoke. So with this in mind, try lowering the temp on the vape and 'trust' that the hit will do its' job at lower temps, more flavor too.. personally, only the exhaled smoke is popcorn smelling, not the hit..:tiphat:

mysticforest

At this stage, I've currently tested/reviewed more than 150 different portable vaporizers because I began back in 2013. My vaporizer evaluations are graded by several different groups but the most crucial for me are simplicity of use, dependability, longevity, portability, concealment, and total vapor quality (taste, temp, smoothness). I have listed the top rated portable vapes in every one of the categories below.

I likewise have a comprehensive list for the very best desktop vaporizers of 2018 in case you needed something more stationary for home use.

Site: http://www.mysticforest.net/best-dry-herb-vaporizer-for-weed-in-2018/
Category: http://www.mysticforest.net/category/vaporizers/

superx

Veteran
Its a shame the link does not work for me, its saying the connection is not safe therefore i am not able to read your reviews...

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
What causes some bud to have a lot more large dense hits in it, and others only a few wimpy hits? Is it potency related, or something else? Just switched to something different, and can not believe how many massive dense cloud hits I am getting.

Dirt Bag

What causes some bud to have a lot more large dense hits in it, and others only a few wimpy hits? Is it potency related, or something else? Just switched to something different, and can not believe how many massive dense cloud hits I am getting.

Stankydankaliciousness. Some have more than others.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Stankydankaliciousness. Some have more than others.

I think better bud gives denser smoke. Have been vaping old, kinda crappy, taken early due to mold, and not flushed.

I was vaping real crap, of very great strain, intentionally to detox a little. Now a little gets me F-ed up.

Concentrates and top shelf, make you build up resistance quick.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I wonder if it is moisture content. Same exact bud, left out for a day, and much less dense cloud.

Dirt Bag

I wonder if it is moisture content. Same exact bud, left out for a day, and much less dense cloud.

I have given up trying to figure out some things.
I can grind a bud, load a vape with half of it, get so many hits that I turn it off before its beat. Then later load the rest and get 3 hits from it before it quits.
#wtf #unsolvedmystery #hashtag

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have given up trying to figure out some things.
I can grind a bud, load a vape with half of it, get so many hits that I turn it off before its beat. Then later load the rest and get 3 hits from it before it quits.
#wtf #unsolvedmystery #hashtag

Vaping is about 3 times as effective when it comes to getting the thc in your system, that is possibly why you quick before your bowl does

There is no combustion, thus your herb preserves, and produces more than if you were to combust it

With heat-on-demand, your bud is only exposed to heat when you inhale, so it doesn't continue to cook.

#ur_welcome

:tiphat:

B

Dirt Bag

Vaping is about 3 times as effective when it comes to getting the thc in your system, that is possibly why you quick before your bowl does

There is no combustion, thus your herb preserves, and produces more than if you were to combust it

With heat-on-demand, your bud is only exposed to heat when you inhale, so it doesn't continue to cook.

#ur_welcome

B

This doesn't explain why one bowl vapes 20 hits and another doesn't give 5.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This doesn't explain why one bowl vapes 20 hits and another doesn't give 5.

This depends on the RH% of the plant matter being vaped, the % of compounds in that plant matter, whether it's grinder and how, and what you describe as a "hit". Low temp "hits" will produce no visible vapour.

Some people will grind and leave the resulting material rest, spread over an open surface, for 12-24hrs before vaping with it.

B

CaStoner

I been using the Da Budda been out years ago when the heating element failed, unable to find replacement without sending the whole unit in for repairs. If anyone know where to buy one let me know.. Also the clogged up screens can be made clear as new by just heating over the kitchen stove flame until red hot and slamming it down to clear out the burn't resins works great save from buying more just reheat and reuse over and over again..