What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best value 1000-2000 gpd Reverse Osmosis system?

Some people do half well / half ro to save the amount they're constantly filling.

Maybe you can calc how much your bicarbonates are an issue at 50%, 75%, etc?

plantingplants

Yea I did think of that. That's the only way I think a 1000gpd unit would work for me, but I should do some more research and see at what point bicarbonates are really a problem. I have a lot though, at half, 140 ppm is still a lot. Space Case had problems with the same mix with 85 alkalinity. Can't say for sure that's the problem, though.

The other issue with the alkalinity is the scale buildup. I'm switching to drip and I don't want to clog the drippers with scale. Though I could wash my lines periodically like SlowNickel.

Thats what yucca is for and you need it anway with all that mycelium. Pressure spiral drippers > sprinklers. Plus its mulch compatible.

Maybe there's something better but yes depending on some factors that is one of their uses. Like house&gardens drip clean. Maybe there's some commercial ag "organic" product out there if you start feeling like you need it

Latest posts

Latest posts