What's new

Best Thai lines and hybrids currently available?

Greatdalas

Okay well not to educate here, but when you open pollinate a cultivar that is landrace we call those generations "P" as in parent. So it's not an F2 its a P2, small distinction but carries huge weight. Also I think the point of Kalifha lines is offer you a cultivatable landrace plant for you to make your own selections. Not to be picky about language twice in one post but which of their seeds do you believe they purchased from another seed bank? For that matter which seed banks are offering anything like Kalifha? As far as I can tell the Moroccan Beldia as an example might be some of the only preserved genetics from of that region that is being released publicly so who could they have purchased it from? The Indian Landrace Exchange, The Landrace Team, Kalifha Genetics, The Landrace Preservation Society, The Real Seed Company, ACE all these companies are IMHO that are doing what I'd call the hard work. Anyone can toss pollen from a FoRuM CuT X SVDFHFOWEHGIYD OG, not many can travel to genetics sources and offer us, as growers, new genetics lineages to work through. So look, I guess what I'm saying is agree to disagree. I'm doing a grow of Kalifha's Balkh Hashplant soon and I'll post the results publicly and despite all the uproar about Phylos, I will likely still run my selected plant through the database and we'll see first hand if that plant is related to another known genetics. My guess is we both know what that testing results will look like because the idea that someone with obviously rare genetics is buying them from anyone else because no one else sells those genetics. Maybe you'll share more to help all of us understand what Kalifha is doing wrong but the one sentence explanation saying you know how they work and they buy stuff from other breeders is of poor quality. Of poorer quality is saying that anyone working to remove Monoecious traits from landrace varieties to try and help expand the available genetics pool that all of us work from. I'm not sure what Kalifha did to you, or if you just purchase six seeds and didn't get what you want bet either way I hope you explain yourself better or delete your otherwise poor post.
Afghan selection, the real seed co,...... are seeds of other banks reproduces

Riamba

The Indian Landrace Exchange, The Landrace Team, Kalifha Genetics, The Landrace Preservation Society,

Doing the hard work? LOL. All those companies are so young in the scene. How long have they breeding or even growing? Don't be naive... They are just taking advantage from the social media platforms to get fame and attention/followers and trying to get a piece of the market. But many followers don't mean shit in real life... most people don't have a clue nowadays, especially on IG.

I've watched Khalifa's grow tutorials on Youtube once and I've realized they were just a bunch of young guys trying to become Cannabis "influencers". Now they are trying to sell seeds? Wannabe beware IMO. But nowadays anyone is selling seeds really... everyone wants to be come a famous breeder haha. :biggrin:

TLT? The guy scouted every possible forum for the past few years asking for seeds and now he's selling everything like if he collected all those himself! Several people recently pointed that out. He's just a seed merchant like most. I've read the owner doesn't even grow and someone else reproduces the seeds. So how he would have any experience or knowledge of genetics? What a joke. :wave:

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doing the hard work? LOL. All those companies are so young in the scene. How long have they breeding or even growing? Don't be naive... They are just taking advantage from the social media platforms to get fame and attention/followers and trying to get a piece of the market. But many followers don't mean shit in real life... most people don't have a clue nowadays, especially on IG.

I've watched Khalifa's grow tutorials on Youtube once and I've realized they were just a bunch of young guys trying to become Cannabis "influencers". Now they are trying to sell seeds? Wannabe beware IMO. But nowadays anyone is selling seeds really... everyone wants to be come a famous breeder haha. :biggrin:

TLT? The guy scouted every possible forum for the past few years asking for seeds and now he's selling everything like if he collected all those himself! Several people recently pointed that out. He's just a seed merchant like most. I've read the owner doesn't even grow and someone else reproduces the seeds. So how he would have any experience or knowledge of genetics? What a joke. :wave:

Hey, thanks for comment. I'm not sure what you're really saying here. The kid was once new at growing so we shouldn't buy his seeds? Just to be clear to me anyone source genetics, regardless of if they themselves are doing it are doing good work. Where else can you get a Moroccan Beldia strain right now? Who did they pay for it? No one... because no one else has it, why??? Because they collected it. Now I don't care if Khalifa employs someone named Bodhi to collect and then maybe pays someone to reproduce it indoors to reduce hermies but none of that matters because someone made the effort to collect new genetics samples. Look in this thread someone asked for Thai strains, at the time of the original post there was no mention of Thai hybrids so I suggested people with landrace or close to it, like Khalifa's Loa Highland. I'm not trying to start an argument. Particularly when the argument against using this company seems to centered around one sentence replies and people saying they purchased genetics that I don't see anyone else with.

Bottom line Khalifa seems to have access to landrace strains that are unique, so someone is collecting them, and someone is growing to help to reduce the monecious traits in those lines. If they're young, it doesn't matter. If they pay people to do the work, it doesn't matter. If you think you have more experience, it doesn't matter. Why? Because they have the genetics. If other companies sold Khalifa the genetics shame on them, they missed a huge market to release those strain unadulterated. Like I listed before I'm about to start a grow the of the Bodhi Hashplant form Khalifa and I'll post those results publicly and I'll likely send the samples off to Phylos despite the recent uproar about their new breeding program (goodluck) and we'll see first hand if they are related to other known genetics and if they have low to no hermies, if they aren't related to other known genetics and they don't hermie then I think we'll have a real solid answer to if Khalifa is doing good work or not.

And even more bottom line, I trust Dubi. Ace has been a shinning light of sanity in this new poly poly poly poly poly hybrid landscape of "breeding" and he carries Khalifa, he also using their genetics. If you think your judgement is better than Dubi's you better have more than 9K useful posts on this forum and years of reliable experience to back that up.

To 40AmpstoFreedom, since all this came up about Khalifa genetics maybe don't do his Loas Highland, sounds like you were looking for something more commercial regardless. I think musigny23 had the best suggestion on this thread thus far in Cannbiogen Destroyer really you can't go wrong with this amazing line.

On a side note, this now makes time number four in the threeish weeks I've been back posting on Icmag since the late 2000s that people have contacted me or replied to posts to talk shit about other breeders, most without being able to support their opinions well. Maybe we should calm down on talking shit unless we actually have something to say.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Afghan selection, the real seed co,...... are seeds of other banks reproduces

So you won't support your opinion with more than one sentence. I figured. I checked your post history and you sure do experience a abundance of monicous traits and often share incorrect information. As an example you posted that Cannabiogen's destroyer in another thread is now "More indica now". I personally know a couple of people very close to Cannabiogen and I can say with certainty that at no point has it become "more indica" and it's lineage of Meao Thai and a Mexican/Colombian cross it has zero indica in it. Never has. Not sure who you're out here shilling for or if you just get your kicks trolling the sprouts on the forums but you should really stop. Your false information is bad for the community as a whole.

Sundog

Dr Atomics Thai Lights

Dr Atomics Thai Lights

Here's my two female Thai Lights phenos, very good herb. I have two females and two males that I have kept alive for about a year now. Made 3rd gen seeds with one of the males so far. I swear I bought the last pack of these cause I haven't seen them anywhere since.

Attachments

• IMG_3372.jpg
    IMG_3372.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3373.jpg
    IMG_3373.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3374.jpg
    IMG_3374.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Happy Times

Here's my two female Thai Lights phenos, very good herb. I have two females and two males that I have kept alive for about a year now. Made 3rd gen seeds with one of the males so far. I swear I bought the last pack of these cause I haven't seen them anywhere since.

Pretty different looking phenos eh? Thanks for sharing! Been curious about the Dr. Atomic Thai Lights for a while

Aren’t they at HD? Or out of stock

Sundog

Pretty different looking phenos eh? Thanks for sharing! Been curious about the Dr. Atomic Thai Lights for a while

Aren’t they at HD? Or out of stock

Yeah very different, I'm thinking it's cause their F2s. their listed at HD but have been out of stock along with all of Dr. Atomics gear for over a year now. That's when I purchased the pack. They also had poor germination rate which makes me think their old stock.