What's new

Best Strains for PTSD?

CimbaKat

What are some of the best strains people have used/know of for PTSD.

I've found anything blueberry tends to be great, GSC, OG Kush, sour diesel and its variants . The Trident was the best PTSD meds to date. Might place a seed order and wanted recommendations

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
What are some of the best strains people have used/know of for PTSD.

I've found anything blueberry tends to be great, GSC, OG Kush, sour diesel and its variants . The Trident was the best PTSD meds to date. Might place a seed order and wanted recommendations

I like the effect of the hybrids, 60-70% sativa.

Many out there to choose from with various terp profiles.

Hashish is really effective too.

Coupled with a support system of family/friends,
as well as a certified therapist.

CimbaKat

I like the effect of the hybrids, 60-70% sativa.

Many out there to choose from with various terp profiles.

Hashish is really effective too.

Coupled with a support system of family/friends,
as well as a certified therapist.

Yeah I found hash made from herb we've grown is some of the best PTSD meds for me. I don't need a lot, a little goes a LONG way.. its not intoxicating like some of our strains can be. I'm dabbling with the idea of dry sifting trim from the upcoming harvest. I need my meds to give me this massive cranial relief, its like a wave comes and melts all the corrosive shit away, is the only way to explain it, like an immense uplifted clear headed state that I once used to just be in naturally but it was robbed from me, really hard to explain it. OG Kush does it, Sour Diesel/ECSD does it, Headband Does it (notice a pattern lol, OGKush+SD), had Apple Fritters recently ((Sour Diesel x Cinderella 99) x Animal Cookies (GSC x Fire OG)) which was throwback to headband and sour.. I immediately knew it was Sour and Cookie something or other and looked it up and was like yup, my nose knows lol. I've noticed Chem, OG, Diesel is the lineages I need in my life, which is interesting because 2 other people in my family have the same taste in strains.. I can't wait to make hash again, last time our herb was so caked it had full melt come off when grinding it lol... just throw it on your finger tips and it turns to oil.

I've done alotta therapy, years of group therapy, IOP, individual, art, music, hiking, our dogs, cannabis, etc. I'm not ever afraid to ask for help, when I need it, I go. Family definitely helps.. sadly I don't have that to lean on.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Hashish is my go to, relief guaranteed.

Ice water method, frozen cured stash, chopped in a food processor with ice water.

Strained with 74 micron stainless/nylon mesh.

Decent, very smoke-able product, made with Chem, OG, Diesel, a solid win.

Good to know you are strong enough to ask for support.

Do you have a grow room set up, ready to go, I wonder.

Bob Green

Supposedly Nigerian Sunshine is a strain for PTSD. I have no clue.

I grew some Horace from Swamp Boys and it helped quite a bit. Its Banana OG x Nigerian. I will definitely run it again.

I made Mullumbimby Madness/Thai78 x SFVBX1 I called SFV78 hoping for a long lasting stress relieving effect.

HydroViking85

Not sure about ptsd but I suffer from pretty bad anxiety at times. Best strain I've found for it is mephistos ripleys og. Stops it dead in even very small doses. That's the only strain I've done that I'd really class as medicinal.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I grew some Horace from Swamp Boys and it helped quite a bit. Its Banana OG x Nigerian. I will definitely run it again.

I made Mullumbimby Madness/Thai78 x SFVBX1 I called SFV78 hoping for a long lasting stress relieving effect.

swamp boys are killing it..True legends in the game. I loved shoki so much i bought 3 packs of beans.

You can also try consuming other herbs like nourishing nervines and adaptogens to fortify your nervous system and adrenals and help to induce new and fresh repair like oat seed, passionflower, astragalus, ginseng, shatavari, ashwaganda and Reishi mushroom to name some of my favourites. I have worked with ex service men suffering ptsd. Buy powders, equal parts, encapsulate and take 3 with every meal.. you cannot go wrong with these herbs they are even safer than cannabis in terms of toxicity. Not that i think ganja is greatly toxic, but i guess it can be ive bought some crap in my time.

For weed i find bubba and her hybrids very soothing all around.. Fugu kush by hazeman is very heavy meds. SFV is a fav kush for me for getting into that natural rhydim warm contented yet embodied soul space.

But you cant go wrong with making hash if you really want reliably chilling to the bone no matter what. :2cents:

GGNo2

I suffered with ptsd for a few years, probably still have remnants. Can't deal with crowds most of the time now. At its worse flashbacks, paranoia and generally my personality completely changed. Chased a police officer out of my mums house once who was there because my mum was worried about me as I had left the house with an axe to go do harm to someone, they weren't home don't worry lol.
Yeah me and ptsd had some adventures, took me a year to get a diagnosis after I 1st went to doctors.

What I found to help no end was heavy Indica strains. All them feelings and thoughts rushing around my body and mind made me volatile out of fear.
Smoking helped massively but only with Indica leaning strains. It quitened the mind and relaxed the body. I found sativa did the opposite and got the mind racing again.
Even to this day sativa makes me paranoid.

It does get better, I'm not sure if I'm completely over it but I can now trust myself to act semi normal in public. I'm just very unsociable now.

To add, strains I used a lot were vanilla kush, blue cheese and critical mass. More blue cheese than anything though as that was always around. Vanilla kush and critical mass I grew myself.

CimbaKat

I suffered with ptsd for a few years, probably still have remnants. Can't deal with crowds most of the time now. At its worse flashbacks, paranoia and generally my personality completely changed. Chased a police officer out of my mums house once who was there because my mum was worried about me as I had left the house with an axe to go do harm to someone, they weren't home don't worry lol.
Yeah me and ptsd had some adventures, took me a year to get a diagnosis after I 1st went to doctors.

What I found to help no end was heavy Indica strains. All them feelings and thoughts rushing around my body and mind made me volatile out of fear.
Smoking helped massively but only with Indica leaning strains. It quitened the mind and relaxed the body. I found sativa did the opposite and got the mind racing again.
Even to this day sativa makes me paranoid.

It does get better, I'm not sure if I'm completely over it but I can now trust myself to act semi normal in public. I'm just very unsociable now.

To add, strains I used a lot were vanilla kush, blue cheese and critical mass. More blue cheese than anything though as that was always around. Vanilla kush and critical mass I grew myself.
Thanks man. I appreciate your candidness. My wife and are both feel the same about indica. I used to smoke Grape Ape all day from my dispensary I worked at because it stopped my physical anxiety and allowed me to function.. I smoked some Grape Ape Hash I made with a coworker on lunch and he ended up cutting his finger with fiskars while setting up trellis lol. Felt guilty. Cheese has always be solid meds, searching for a good cheese seed, DINAFEM Deep Cheese sounds solid. Blueberry and BB crosses as well. Kush too. Like Blueberry Kush is a game changer for me. Blue Tahoe is clutch, All day smoke, helps decompress from the night before for the morning, helps sleep at night. Helps stress, helps pain, helps appetite. I can't really do sativa either, I get manic... i used to love Haze back when I was younger but that was because i sold herb 20hrs to 24hrs a day 7 days a week, for a year straight +and needed that racey paranoia to keep me on my toes and keep me going.. was a hustla baaaaaaby, no time to lose... fuck that lifestyle worse years of my life.. Noticed Haze makes me manic like caffeine does. Blue Dream works quite well, but notice the BB in it.. Ghost Train Haze OG does wonders as well, notice the Ghost OG plus Trainwreck which is great PTSD meds.

Now I'm like a monk with my diet... vegan, no sugar, no caffeine, no gluten atm but imma try organic high quality gluten and see if it's just the glyphosate in wheat that's fuckin wit me. i struggle in public too.. even at family gatherings I gotta be fuckin zooty toots tooty tooty footed to socialize sometimes.. theres days I'm ready to go out and when I get in the car my mood plummets and I can't deal with talking to people, feeling their energy, trying to be friendly etc.really sucks when I meet sincere people and I'm so fucked in my headspace that it doesn't click until after our encounter and I'm like damn... I just met probably an angel and I was a cold callosed fuck. Sucks because I'm from NJ where people are rude as fuck and don't bother to talk to you and now I'm in New England and people are like HOWDY DOODY NEIGHBOR? YOU DONT SEEM FROM ROUND DEEZ PARTS HOW YA DOIN Lol. Culture shock.

Noticed Kush is the Queen in our garden... like 15/20 seeds that we have are all kush dom loon probably more. Peace man and keep on keeping on. If you ever need to vent, Holla, I been through the ringer about too many times to count. I'm always here.

GGNo2

Thanks man. I appreciate your candidness. My wife and are both feel the same about indica. I used to smoke Grape Ape all day from my dispensary I worked at because it stopped my physical anxiety and allowed me to function.. I smoked some Grape Ape Hash I made with a coworker on lunch and he ended up cutting his finger with fiskars while setting up trellis lol. Felt guilty. Cheese has always be solid meds, searching for a good cheese seed, DINAFEM Deep Cheese sounds solid. Blueberry and BB crosses as well. Kush too. Like Blueberry Kush is a game changer for me. Blue Tahoe is clutch, All day smoke, helps decompress from the night before for the morning, helps sleep at night. Helps stress, helps pain, helps appetite. I can't really do sativa either, I get manic... i used to love Haze back when I was younger but that was because i sold herb 20hrs to 24hrs a day 7 days a week, for a year straight +and needed that racey paranoia to keep me on my toes and keep me going.. was a hustla baaaaaaby, no time to lose... fuck that lifestyle worse years of my life.. Noticed Haze makes me manic like caffeine does. Blue Dream works quite well, but notice the BB in it.. Ghost Train Haze OG does wonders as well, notice the Ghost OG plus Trainwreck which is great PTSD meds.

Now I'm like a monk with my diet... vegan, no sugar, no caffeine, no gluten atm but imma try organic high quality gluten and see if it's just the glyphosate in wheat that's fuckin wit me. i struggle in public too.. even at family gatherings I gotta be fuckin zooty toots tooty tooty footed to socialize sometimes.. theres days I'm ready to go out and when I get in the car my mood plummets and I can't deal with talking to people, feeling their energy, trying to be friendly etc.really sucks when I meet sincere people and I'm so fucked in my headspace that it doesn't click until after our encounter and I'm like damn... I just met probably an angel and I was a cold callosed fuck. Sucks because I'm from NJ where people are rude as fuck and don't bother to talk to you and now I'm in New England and people are like HOWDY DOODY NEIGHBOR? YOU DONT SEEM FROM ROUND DEEZ PARTS HOW YA DOIN Lol. Culture shock.

Noticed Kush is the Queen in our garden... like 15/20 seeds that we have are all kush dom loon probably more. Peace man and keep on keeping on. If you ever need to vent, Holla, I been through the ringer about too many times to count. I'm always here.

Yes I desperately want to be able to talk to friendly strangers now but there's just this block. Its easy on the interweb, I can type out exactly what I need to say. In a face to face situation I'm completely opposite, it's like I go dumb.
I can use my words quite well, I know what I want to say vocally but it normally just comes out as a yes or no. I am a very hard man to hold a conversation with.
Even friends and family if I see them when I'm in a supermarket say I just clam up. If they come to my home or if I'm visit them I can talk more freely.

I had a group job interview today for a warehouse, they said at 1 point if you don't stand around talking to colleagues you will do quite well.
I actually laughed out loud as I thought to myself "in that case I will be the ceo inside 2 years"
I barely said 10 words the whole interview and still got the job.

Like I say, it doesn't hold me back anymore the way it did. Its just small things and the occasional darkness to my thoughts.

Fuck ptsd, fuck the **** who caved my skull in too but he's no longer with us so we don't have to worry about him anymore.

CimbaKat

Not sure about ptsd but I suffer from pretty bad anxiety at times. Best strain I've found for it is mephistos ripleys og. Stops it dead in even very small doses. That's the only strain I've done that I'd really class as medicinal.

Haha. Ripleys OG was legit their SODK was very similar effects too, totally recommend SODK. Ripley's was more clear headed , SODK was more giggly and creative. Both great day time strains, I'd mix them a lot. They were my hiking strains forsure. We have damn near all of mephisto old line up... Got a chemdogging that looks to be an OG kush type pheno.. soapy kushy lemon funk. Kush buds, structure. Last Chemdogging was pissy rotten skunk funk. Triangle Kush Auto (since discontinued is phenomenal night time meds..) and great for BAD anxiety same with Chemdogging... sad is discontinued... some of the best meds I've ever had. if Chemdogging did lnt yield such little last grow, itd have been an all day strain but requires moderation, I have a supreme tolerance and Chemdogging was like drugs.. seriously narcotic, hit every family member equally as hard and we burn it down. I'd use it when I was situation critical but if I had the opportunities, I'd have chain smoke it like I used to smoke jazz wood tip black n milds lol. Got their Skywalker auto currently being trained hard, has like 10 tops at around 20 days, best training I've ever done, very proud... current grow got light burned, goals to keep the next ones emerald green. Running AvT (Ripleys OG x Triangle Kush Auto) smells like fantastic lemon cleaner kush stank. Really reminds me of Jack Herrer and Afghani kush smells. You can get lost in it, takes you to a magic carpet ride to Kushlandia. AvT started off rough... slow ass seedling, mutant, took way longer to get from fresh seedling to pre teen.. now she's beefing up and I kind of get the hype she once had before she was discontinued, she's doing very well.. just a crap start.

If you run autos man and have bad anxiety try World of Seeds' Tonic Ryder, it's a Dieseltonic (Sour D x cannatonic) x NL5 x Big Bud auto. Great anxiety meds, fantastic smells, like complex pollen, sensual perfume, jerky, sweet funk... big golf ball pine tree buds, her main stalk is no joke, serious brick house. Very nice heavy smell and taste. Hashy accompanied by that same odor in taste form, super beautiful, purples out every grow we've ran (4th time running grand she purpled out like 3 weeks earlier (using our TLO super soil and seems to make our plants 3 times the size as Fox Farms ocean forest.), great structure, nice dense buds, caked in frost. Buds as sexy as forum GSC or Starwdawg or any elite purpled hued buds... like serious nugs, i gotta find pics.. grows QUICK... its gonna finish same as Chemdogging and she's like 10 days younger. Stacks hard. I dont recommend topping her. I tried topping her the 2nd grow and she had nice tops but buds were larfy and not tight with way less smell.. idk if it was the pheno but I noticed topping had negative effects on my Colorado Cookies and Tonic Ryder, had more tops but smaller buds with same yield lol as no topping mean while untopped had pristine dense buds. She's a frost queen, almost always is the queen of the room as I put it. lol her and Chemdogging always fighting for who's the Queen B.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
SGB injection into your Brain for PTSD

SGB injection into your Brain for PTSD

Not Sure if everyone here is a sufferer of Combat PTSD.

Since my final Purple heart injury in Syria (Palmyra). I have been suffering from the five defects of PTSD

1.Hyper vigilance
2. Hyper Auditory
3. Hype Violence/aggression
4. hyper Isolation
5 Hyper fortification.

I suffer from over 20 combat injuries including 3 TBI (inside 25 ft radious of 2 500lbs IED and 1 1500lbs Incoming sidewinder.
So VA experts say I may have the same Brainplaque NFL players have.

Ive done every single treatment the DOD offers and test...live in treatment at Palo Alto VA PTSD treatment center for 200 days.

Long story short the only treatment Ive had that was a temporary fix was SGB injected into my Brain stem......

[YOUTUBEIF]nxEmR4KBEMA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Latest posts

Latest posts