What's new

best standup routine?

R

Rifman

i've run out of stuff to watch. and im feeling like comedy :D

hit me with your best standup comedians, i know you got them!

thx :D

S

Space Ghost

mitch hedburg - any routine
david cross - any routine
nick swardson - party
lewis black - the white album

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Old Larry Miller 'five stages of drinking' routine. It's an absolute classic. Good luck finding it though.

S

Space Ghost

^^^that's a great one! forgot all about it, trying to track it down now...

dave atell - skanks for the memories

George Carlin
Joe Rogan
Dennis Leary
Jim Norton
The Amazing Jonathan
Bob Saget

anything by these guys will probably get you gigglin

funker

Mitch Hedburg was great, i was lucky enough to see him live before he died...

i'd like to add Richard Pryor's specials to the list as well as Eddie Murphy's Delirious and Raw...Its so sad to know how funny Eddie Murphy can be yet he never does standup anymore...

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
currently

Kat Williams is one funny mofo

I second Eddie Murphy and Pryor also Steve Martin

last year I actually saw Sara Silverman---funniest line was when she talked about her After show bong hit

peace
jip

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
this many posts so far and not one of you has mention the greatest stand up comic of all times: Bill Hicks.

"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural? You know what I mean? It's nature. How do you make nature against the fucking law?"

"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference."

"Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your goverment is in control. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on the living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what well tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!"

His stand up is great and hilarious but there's a deeper message to it.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
i second and third that rudolf
Bill hicks
katt williams
chris rock
joe rogan
demetri martin

Unionman

Dont know if your still looking for some good stand up but JOE ROGAN the fear factor and UFC dude is funny as hell. Id never thought it untill I heard him on my foremans sat. raido

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Mitch Hedberg was fuckin hillarious

David Cross was funny as hell in Mr Show but once he went to srtand up i think he lost it.. tried getting to political and kinda a whiney bitch..

Many other greats have been named but i noticed no one's mentioned Bill Hicks..

If you wanna laugh your fuckin ass off and see a good show with some valid insight i definitely recomend checking out Bill Hicks "Sane Man"

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CarlWeathers said:
Steven Wright - Not many people know him but hes awesome (he played the guy on the couch in half baked)
Right on bro.......

& Sam Kinison, I'd seen Sam live @ Dangerfields in NYC
bout 3 times in the mid/late 80s, so over the frigging top
his comedy was, he was killed in '92, it was a great loss.

From Steven Wright to Kinison, quiet to crazy two stars.

Last edited:

ConceptOfSleep

Glad to see so many people bringing up Mitch Hedberg in this thread... the man was an absolute comic genious!! The things he would come up prove he thought a lot differently than the majority of people on this earth and was downright hysterical.

So heres a quick list I can think of off the top of my head...

Mitch Hedberg (of course)
Lewis Black
Brian Regan (try ad find his Fig Newton routine and try not to laugh your ass off)
Steven Wright
Richard Pryor
Jim Norton (seen him twice and he is just outrageous...I mean cmon... Monster Rain...How can you not laugh at that)
Steve Martin
Richard Pryor

And while not traditional stand-up comedians, they did do live comedy shows:
Monty Python
Firesign Theatre

Enjoy...I know I do!

:joint:

damn S4L, i almost forgot about kinison. im gonna have to go watch some now. thanks man!

EDIT: and cause no one has said it yet....DICE!!!!

Last edited:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
steppinRazor said:
Mitch Hedberg was fuckin hillarious
Many other greats have been named but i noticed no one's mentioned Bill Hicks..

If you wanna laugh your fuckin ass off and see a good show with some valid insight i definitely recomend checking out Bill Hicks "Sane Man"
lol, not only did I list Bill Hicks but I quoted him 3 times.

:bashhead:

Last edited: