What's new

Best skunk?

beancounter

Veteran
^nope... the only one slightly skunky was White Skunk, but the potency was mediocre and the skunk smell wasn't strong enough to consider it a keeper at all..

I'm in the same situation as you. I can get skunky weed commercialy but i have no desire to ask for clones or strain info (which the dealers don't usualy know anyways) and expose myself as a grower. Chances are that they wouldn't know the strain or where to get cuts anyways.

I can't get 'skunky' weed always commercialy, but at least 1 of every 3 bags has that smell and taste we're after..

You never know if you're getting it commercial, it could be an old unobtainable cut that no one will ever give u, it could be a local strain that only a few people have access to.. It could be another strain like NYCD, Godbud or one of the clone only strains I mentioned above.

Skunky weed is my hands down favorite taste, and always has been. I've been lookng for it in seed form ever since i started growing and have NEVER found any 'skunk labeled' strains even CLOSE to what i'm looking for.

The Skunk name in seed strains now-a-days is a crock, total BS.

Go ahead and try a few and see for yourself, but don't say I didn't warn you. :)

KingRalph

i hear ya bean, though sam's #1 didn't do anythin for ya? i know it's not full-on dead skunk smell but i think for smellin like a skunk with citrus, and bein the original skunk from the man himself, the quality shined through with intense face high with a sinus disruption every time... only skunk... this was 'just' skunkman's skunk #1 from the 2001 season open pollination (best female of freebies from 02)...

bred with a hawaiian cherry sativa...

skunk pheno

that 1 plant yielded over 4oz just 12/12 from seed... bred with a light yielder hehe skunk can be lovely...

sorry for the picbomb, just showin a lil skunk love, it's a nice classic experience, but is a tiring after effect... peace n green thumbs all :joint:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehe nice bc , and ralph :)

bc ; you grew really an ident list of skunks , like i did the last years :)

Sensi : super skunk , sensi skunk , skunk1
Dp: Skunk 11 , Skunk Passion ( yields heavier than any other ) , Ultra Skunk

cheese f2 i got from a buddy (he made em) is for now really the most stinkiest and really the most pungent strains i came across , and to say it in a polite way, the stone of cheese is not a joke like the high´s from sensi& Dp´s Skunk

have fun

Fj

G

Its just so hard for me to beliave that skunks don't skunk, even this bigbudxtrain reaked

I know what i want is YUMBOLT but the seeds are nowwhere to be found

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
it's definetly true, the skunks on the market are not the skunks we know about....i've grown a good handful of skunk strains myself and nothing....the skunk we all know has to be a major afghan influence.

i have the pure and htc skunk going right now and there is a "skunky" one or two in the mix of the htc...but so far isn't nothing like the pungent skunk we are looking for....but it is pretty pungent in a dank weed kinda way...but not pungent skunk

all i want for christmas is some dank pungent skunk!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
That skunky smell is DEFINITELY from the Afghani side of things. Try Homegrown Fantaseeds' Afghani if you want some skunky funk.

G

read some of mel franks books ... he descrbes the "skunky" and "garlic" of the original afghani's

G

Hey guys :wave:

Really interesting thread :joint: I'm looking what skunk to grow next...
Don't know. I think i'll give "The Pure" a try as well as another pack of Super Skunk (this one really convinced me, if you look close you'll find a link to my SS grow in this thread ;) )

greetz

Sky high

critical+ has nice massive skunk buds and it's really easy growing, very drought resistant strain.

skunk1 isn't a heavy yielder, but not bad when you grow it outdoors, it has many extremely good tasting phenos, the high is quite potent so worth to grow it, harvest is in late Oct. to early Nov.

there is no best skunk in my opinion, all have the same potency, but there are some more potent varieties what contains skunk in the genetic background (like MK-Ultra or G13xSkunk)

skyy

kaneboy

i grew dr chronics spacebud or alpha 13 is a skunk cross bigbud and had huge colas and very nice smoke,easy to grow with a big yeild truly worth a look and really stinking skunk aroma,going to go back and give her another run sometime

Hard question to answer when you take into consideration that almost everything that's a 'hybrid' with any power at all is a skunk derivative of some type or other. Amazing that just a few genetic tweaks here and there have ended up in so much diversity and so many different, yet powerful varieties being 'discovered'. If I'm not mistaken, ECSD, Cheese, AK-47, Critical Mass, Chronic, and many other strains can all be traced back to the original skunk#1 in one way or another. Seems you can take any decent IBL available, chuck some pollen from it at the Skunk and hey presto! new strain, new name, new hype, same old genetics. I know in the case of ECSD and the Cheese that both were exceptional specimens cloned and passed round and that the Diesel isn't all Skunk genetics but for one line to have had such an impact on the scene worldwide is quite remarkable. I like something with a bit of 'funk' to it. Old school style skunk is still around in Melbourne as a clone and I know of people who still have clones they have kept since as long ago as the late 80's-early 90's. Actually had some a few weeks back and although it's admittedly lost something (I can't pinpoint it...) it's still a very nice way to get blazed. Smoked one day after some bubblegum a friend grew and there was no comparison, although the bubblegum was in my opinion taken too early.

bens lab

Has anyone grown sensi's super skunk recently? I grew one seed out around 2000ish and it was proper skunky skunk, everyone loved it.

I'd love to buy some more and try it out again but i'm worried it'll be different by now.

I also smoked some of nirvanas b52 prob 5 years ago, that was very skunky also. I believe its skunk x bigbud.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Bens, I just grew some SS from Sensi. Came out really good, smelled like a bag of skittles and then turned into a sour, bitter kiwi smell. Out of two females this one was by far the better of the two. Still have 6 or 7 beans left.

picture.php

picture.php

bens lab

Bens, I just grew some SS from Sensi. Came out really good, smelled like a bag of skittles and then turned into a sour, bitter kiwi smell. Out of two females this one was by far the better of the two. Still have 6 or 7 beans left.

picture.php

picture.php

Sweet plant, thanks, I think I might pick up some more of those seeds.