What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best simple soil mix...

lol i have some POM dry stuff too i keep forgetting that stuff is FF

That was/is the intent with their POM and Happy Frog amendment product lines. They were developed for mainstream nurseries meaning that it wouldn't have the 'grow store' baggage that they avoid at all costs around here for the most part.

Just look at the labels and you can see the demographic that they're marketing to vs. the Ocean Forest, Tiger Bloom, etc. product lines.

RR

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 bale pro-mix bx
2 bags FFOF (just right xtra, roots organic, etc)
2 gallons EWC
2 cups bone meal
2 cups blood meal
2 cups kelp meal
2 cups dolomite limestone
1 cup Seabird guano

Simple and effective; makes roughly 60 gallons. Will get you to the finish line water only for about 70% of strains. Good starting point for organic gardening. Some will want extra P/K or Cal/Mg.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

OPT

What I've used before with good results can all be found at most hardware type stores like Lowes, home depot, menards, etc:

Pro-mix Ultimate organic
Earthworm Castings
Perlite/DE

Per 1 gallon of mix add approx:

1.5 TBL dolomite Lime
2 TBL bone meal
1 TBL blood meal
1 TBL kelp meal (hard to find sometime, can order online with free shipping for $6)
.5 - 1 TBL alfalfa meal

That's it.... that can get you a damn good start, and possibly take you through flower with just water on some strains

If you can add rock dusts/azomite can make it more complex, but I've done fine without them.

I would highly encourage using R0 water, though it's not necessary, it's just overall better imo so you know if something does go wrong, it's not your water throwing shit out of wack.... GL!

OPT

redlasagna

1 bale pro-mix bx
2 bags FFOF (just right xtra, roots organic, etc)
2 gallons EWC
2 cups bone meal
2 cups blood meal
2 cups kelp meal
2 cups dolomite limestone
1 cup Seabird guano

Simple and effective; makes roughly 60 gallons. Will get you to the finish line water only for about 70% of strains. Good starting point for organic gardening. Some will want extra P/K or Cal/Mg.

dank.Frank

Frank does this mix need to cook? If so for how long? Can this mix be used straight or must it be layered w a base soil? Tap or Ro H2O? Does the H2O require ph adjustment prior to watering? Sorry for the spew trying to tap into the organic game...
Thx
redlasagna

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better if it cooks, doesn't have to though. Use exactly as stated...veg and flower.

dank.Frank

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Simple

Simple

This is real simple-50% promix, 25% EWC, 25% perlite. With dolomite lime and blackstrap molasses. You can fert with PSG, let sit a couple of weeks and your ready to go. Growing you can fert with quanos or PBP soil pro gro and bloom for soil. Simple :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts