What's new

Best Sativas that stimulate the mind but don't cause anxiety or heart racing?

Croissant

I have anxiety as well and ECSD works the best FOR ME as an all day, get your shit done high. Blue dream is a little heavier but works well for me. I've only had it a few times but the Maui wowie stands out too. I heard Dj shorts blueberry is also great for uplifting high while helping anxiety. Stay away from c99, at least imo.

I also have anxiety and I often see these strains recommended so they seem to be good choices for many. Unfortunately for me they don't seem to do the trick. I find blue dreams effect to be rather spacey and doesn't strike me as particularly sativa. I find ecsd to be much more sativa in effect than blue dream but still its just not my cup of tea.

I'll recommend you seed strains I have tried that are available now that I find good for anxiety although not sativas. Yumboldt, blueberry, and Candyland.

One I can vouch for that should be available in seed form in the near future is Mr.SOuls Apollo 11, those were sativa dom. clear headed thinking mans weed without the anxiety, well at least the Lemony citrus genius phenol.

Oh, also the sage og, White sage phenol, That stuff was sativa dom. clear headed and spiritual with anti anxiety properties and no burnout.

The funny thing is I have had brickweed in Central America, AKA shwag, I found to match the description of what you are looking for to the T that I found to have an even better high than the Apollo 11 genius phenol or any "sativa" in a California medical dispensary. So as someone mentioned above your grail might be found in imported brick weed bagseeds.

When I find what I am looking for, a clear headed sativa with no anxiety I will be sure to share the good news but unfortunately I have not found it in a California medical dispensary yet besides Harlequin which is a high cbd strain that was good for anxiety and clear headed although I didn't really get high off of it.

I have also been searching for sativas good for anxiety that also have a clear head and here is a list of hopefuls but I have no expierence with them personally.

I recommend using the search function to look up Ace seeds congo, guatemala ,cannabiogens punto rojo, bangi haze, mextiza, djshorts flo, Chimeras franks incense haze, No Mercy supply santa maria, Richard Williams Deep congo, Tropical seeds Zambian, THseeds sage, and Reefermans accidental haze. Reports on those strains seem to indicate they have a clear sativa effect without the anxiety.

Also the Sam the skunk man Haze x skunk are reported to match the description as well and have been freebies on the boutique for years.

Last edited:
S

StudenTeacher

ECSD makes me anxious and paranoid. This goes for all diesel types but especially ecsd. Blue Dream is my favorite sativa dom but it's not really close to true sat. Most blue strains will help with anxiety, and aren't super potent, so they can be used during the day. One cultivar that has given me good sativa effects with minimal anxiety is Arcata Trainwreck clone. I've pretty much given up on finding low anxiety sats, I smoke what i like, then use a heavy indica to mute the anxiety before it settles in completely. An hour or two every now and then is all I can handle sativa wise.

WelderDan

Veteran
Cherry Bomb if you can find it. Mr Greengenes Cherry Bomb, not the Reeferman Cherry Bomb Indica x Mr G's Cherry Bomb. Nice up-type buzz, not racy or paranoia inducing. Very tasty smoke.

It's not 100% Sativa. It has some Indica in it, probably way back in it's lineage. It's been open pollinated since the early 80's or so. Mr G made the selections based on his preferences. Grows very Sativa, but with a 9-10 week or so flower time. Mr G is passed on, but the genetics still live on.

Extremely nice tasting, old school weed. Not the most potent, but it is no slouch. IC isn't letting me add pics to this post for some reason, but the pic in my sig is Cherry Bomb x C99. Note the big fat baseball bat cola. I'll try to post a pic full size pic later for reference. The CB was dominate in the cross, so the pic is a fairly close representation of what the strain looks like. It's very manageable for a Sat dom strain

Green Squall

Rubber Chicken- What sativas have you smoked that you've enjoyed? That might help us steer you in the right direction.

Sour D is a fun strain but it amps me up more than it clears my head. Maybe not the best for anxiety issues.

R

Rubber Chicken

Not many that have a name Green Squall, but i'm not sure exactly why i made the thread. :redface:

I've had crazy sativa highs in the past but just from random unnamed herb, and i have a lot of seeds already to choose from in my fridge, i really prefer hybrids that are good quality but mild-ish, not super strong.

So i guess i could change this thread to 'What strains are the most enjoyable experience for you, and why.'
You could even share how the good experiences where'

Me personally, i think i'm going to breed some basic crosses of the most enjoyable highs i come apon.
Hopefully with a bit of trial an error i can really make some seeds that are personalized to my tastes.

Looking forward to any stories of nice strains.

Croissant

well as far as anxiety relief goes I have found both yumboldt and deep chunk to be the best, superior to several high cbd strains even. The clearest non anxiety with a name the Apollo 11. The Apollo 11 is the kind of stuff you can smoke then go about doing math homework. While the yumboldt is rather lucid I felt it was lacking in clarity the Apollo brought to the table. salad bowls of those two strains and I think you have what your looking for. Although I have tried sativas I felt were even better than Apollo like that shwag which lead me to believe their is a whole wide world of cannabis in the sativa spectrum the modern Merican consumer is largely ignorant of.

R

Rubber Chicken

Thanks Croissant.

I have some Deep Chunk crosses, i could try some of those for the anxiety but i, probably incorrectly, assumed the deep chunk would make me fall asleep half way through a slurred sentence, rather than be mind stimulating.

R

Rubber Chicken

I would say that Fed. Romulan is one of the better 'up' highs that I've had. From seeds I bought in 2004.

Haven't had luck with Next Gen. Romulan.

Not really helpful if you can't buy it now, I guess.

Ace Seeds Malawi and Bangi Haze also come to mind.

Malawi?

Isn't Malawi supposed to be turning someone white after 2 puffs?

igrowone

Veteran
for non frightening sativa crosses, Mandala does get some rep
another set of genetics i would purchase if i didn't have so many crosses sitting in my fridge

Croissant

straight deep chunk is rather lucid and clear headed and deeply relaxing to the point one could easily take a nap if one was so inclined.

Their is a cross of it currently available in seed form to "congo 3" that has a lot of good reviews called deep congo or back to the congo. Their is a long thread praising deep congo on the site for its very balanced "rhythmic" and "clear" sativa nature. I havn't tried it myself.

there is a thread on the site called "the search for trip weed" and a African landrace thread I recommend reading as well as some of the Colombian weed threads.

I hope you find what your looking for!

X

Xray Kimono

straight deep chunk is rather lucid and clear headed and deeply relaxing to the point one could easily take a nap if one was so inclined.

Their is a cross of it currently available in seed form to "congo 3" that has a lot of good reviews called deep congo or back to the congo. Their is a long thread praising deep congo on the site for its very balanced "rhythmic" and "clear" sativa nature. I havn't tried it myself.

there is a thread on the site called "the search for trip weed" and a African landrace thread I recommend reading as well as some of the Colombian weed threads.

I hope you find what your looking for!

Yep..
I did a little work w a Colombian sat and I called the offspring Wisdomatic cause it locks you in your head prophesizing, and is like a mild trip. I CAN'T smoke dabs from it.. too extreme.

As far as mild hybrids that kill anxiety, I always mellow functionally w a smile with any GPD, or Purple Urkle crosses.. perfect "medium" weed with delicious palate.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Speaking of bagseed ... a Sativa that inspires Creative Activity (which may be loosely defined, sometimes it's the work you get paid for) ...

I've had some real good Sativa grown from a friend's stash of "Mersh" {press-brick Mexican}. Medium skunky smell, abundant resin when grown with TLC.

Green Squall

I started out growing bagseed. It was always fun but definitely a gamble. I had good results but also plants with almost no resin.

I've always been interested in deep chunk. But is it even available anymore? I remember looking a year or so ago and couldn't find beans.

St. Phatty

Nothing wrong with bagseed.

Some great genetics in the bagseed department.

But it reminds me a little of learning about firearms.

It's cheaper learning on cheap ammo (e.g. 223/5.56).

It's more expensive to learn on expensive ammo ($1+ a round.)

with seeds ... It's more expensive to learn on expensive seeds.

Good to learn some of the skills with bagseed.

AND - I have to admit - a good Mexican Skunk Sativa would probably be my first choice among most Sativa's.

It makes me wonder if Skunk #1 had that strain of Mexican in its heritage (x Aghani, then x Colombian ... something like that).

Has Apollo 11 been available the past few years? I grew it over 10 years ago and I still remember it.

I've done some quick searches of seedbanks and only see knockoff seeds that's out of stock everywhere i've checked.

mogroith

I would email ace seeds, I read in their breeders packs they pheno's of their popular lines that still give you a sativa high, but no psychoactive effects.

Croissant

Has Apollo 11 been available the past few years? I grew it over 10 years ago and I still remember it.

I've done some quick searches of seedbanks and only see knockoff seeds that's out of stock everywhere i've checked.

the word on the site is Mr.Soul is planning on re releasing Apollo 11!

GoatCheese

Veteran
Indica leaning:
Blueberry is nice
Chunky Cheese (Uk Cheese x Deep Chunk) By Cannacopia ..many super nice phenos

Hybrid/SAtiva leaning:
Satori, MAndala Seeds
Exodus Cheese, Greenhouse seeds

Latest posts

Latest posts