What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best rosin press under $1k?

icdog

Does anyone have that vulcanizer from riogrande? I'm thinking of moving from a closed loop to rosin. Whats the general yield per size of machine in how much time that can be expected?
Is there a good place to look for screens and stuff?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im still waiting for someone to go hard and rent the...

11702061-compactor-roller-at-asphalting-work-Stock-Photo-asphalt-paving-bitumen.jpg

EastCoast710

thats a smart idea lol. get a huge piece of parchment and a old one of them lol. then use the remaining patty for ISO extract or something lol RSO lol

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
blow torch one of those giant steel plates they use to cover holes in the ground during construction to the right temps and idk few pounds a time at least ha!

LostTribe

Premium user
I am interested in heating plates that fit on a mechanical ram shop press as I already have shop press for pressing bearings n such.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I picked up this press a few days ago for 800$. I have only done a few presses with it. So far it works as it should. Im now reading up on what are the best temps and procedure to use like bags no bags.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer buddy, good to see you here. I am so a rosin rookie I don't know where to start, but let start here. I researched my ass off and ended up putting together n buying this system, not here yet.
plates 8x3
http://www.cencalrosin.com/~shop/diy-pro-8-x-3-x-1-setup/381149/ 375.00
press
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-shop-press-33497.html 109.00
pollen extractor
https://pollenextractor.com/pollen-extractors/index.html 109.00
…………………………………………………………………………………………………....….………593.00
Now I'm on to finding bags, which type size etc. Any help appreciated...wish me luck..DD

MysticReefer

I went the same route.

Harbor Freight 20 ton press = $148
Caged Low Temp Plates = $469

Total = $617

attachment.php

Attachments

• RosinPress.jpg
    RosinPress.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 11

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put some heat insulation between that floor flange and the heat plate. The more u add the better. The only thing that should be touching are the 4 screws. It will help a lot keeping the heat from transferring to the rest of the press. You can put some under the bottom plate as well. Its not expensive 22$ will get you enough to insulate 5 presses.

brown_thumb

I like a vulcanizer. 500 bucks
It just happens Spok is a fan too! But im serious Ive been using one with success.

I did the same thing except I bought mine used for US$124 delivered. It has 100x150mm dual-heated plates but both elements are controlled by only one thermostat. I'm sure if I leave the plates squeezed together the temps will equalize well. This one has a large turnstile on top to make pressing relatively easy. I've yet to try it but I'm betting it will work very well.

Lifebreather

Veteran
Can I do a quick survey?

I'd like to know what size plates you have and how much of what type of product you squish at a time.

brown_thumb

^^^ That's a great question. I'm sure it depends on water content, trichome amounts, temperature setting, pressure applied, etc.

Maybe a new thread dedicated to this topic?

Lifebreather

Veteran
^^^ That's a great question. I'm sure it depends on water content, trichome amounts, temperature setting, pressure applied, etc.

Maybe a new thread dedicated to this topic?

I'm not worried about yield, more about how much trim/bud/bubble hash you can do at once with your particular size plates.

I have bag after bag after bag to go through...

But perhaps you're right. :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1.5-2g flower per square inch or 2-4g hash per square inch on 3x5 plates from TimeWizard GreyFox.

Judging from your IG, and in the IG parlance, "shit will be lit bruh fiyah buggity diggity *fistbump*".

Latest posts

Latest posts