What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best place on the net for vertical air cooled tubes?

I've been looking around a bit and I can't seem to find them anywhere. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some links to sights that carry vertical air cooled tubes in stock. All I have been able to find are the veritubes which accomidate multiple lights for colliseum like grows. What I need are tubes that will accomidate a single 1000w or 600w for the tree grow currently being pieced together. The fans were just running too much last go around and I think I could cut down on the costs of LP as well as electricity (if only by a little bit) by making this system a little more sealed.

full time daddy
Veteran
hydrofarm has 19" 24" & 60" ( the 60" is for 2 lights )
i have had prob with the 19" i bought 4 and returns 3 of them just this week becuz of cracks in the glass my hydro store had no probs swaping for me but sugged the 24" as it seems to be a tempered glass unlike the 19"
in the coils 24" is to big so i keep the 19" & tolds them id much rather give the 19" a secend chance if your ordering it off line & not doing a vert grow i recamend the 24"
and hydro shop thats a hydrofam dealere shoud carry or beable to order them. ( hydrofarm dose drop ship ( witch means the item will be shipped to u from the warehouse not the place u order then to u) if they dont have them onhand....
i have yet to see any probs with the 24 or the 60" i have 1 of each for testing so far there sweet.

the 19" has the refleter built in side & the 24/60" are out side refleters

ebay has them id go with a "store" or power seller for sure that can cover the warrenty & takes returns....... be careful when putting on the nut's/bolts the heat expans the glass ;)
http://home.search.ebay.com/cool-tu...QQfmcZ1QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ2032

I think the 24" is probably my best bet since I don't want a reflector inside the tube. Its gonna be a while before I get this one pieced together. I'm not going to make the same mistake I made last go around and try to rush myself into a position to do this. The next time needs to be as absolutely stress free as possible. I've flown by the seat of my pants for too many years and all it has done is given me ulcers and wrinkles I'm too young to have. I still need to pick up a res chiller, another res, another light relay, and some more ballasts, as well as quite a few little odds and ends. Needless to say, I've got a minute to make sure this one is really well planned out.

What do you guys think the maximum ammount of watts I can keep cool with 9kbtu portable AC using air cooled tubes and a Gen1 CO2 generator maxed out on burners? I might pick up an emitter system, but I have used CO2 gens in the past because it just seems to be more low profile to carry in a LP tank than to carry in a CO2 tank.

full time daddy
Veteran
CarharttKidd said:
What do you guys think the maximum ammount of watts I can keep cool with 9kbtu portable AC using air cooled tubes and a Gen1 CO2 generator maxed out on burners? I might pick up an emitter system, but I have used CO2 gens in the past because it just seems to be more low profile to carry in a LP tank than to carry in a CO2 tank.

it would depind on the fan used for the cooltubes if a nice size then a 9kbtu would do 3k with the burner ( it acts as 1k ) if u use the tanks i bet u could do 4k-5k.... dpending on temp out side

tanks vs. lp = same

lots of ppl use co2 for wealding

Damn it. I'm going to need a bigger A/C even if I get an emitter. That sucks hardcore. I really appreciate all the help 00420. There would be alot of trial and failure with this if it weren't for someone that's tread this ground before to give me a hand. I've washed my hands of most of the growers I knew because they were just too damn unmotivated and inconsistent to be quite honest. Besides, I tought those folks everything they know about indoor, so they're no help. I'm looking at pushing around 7200W, possibly up to 11kw depending on space and if I choose the 600w ballasts or the 1000w ballasts. It's also going to depend on if I max out the light relay. I've already got 3x 1k and a 4 light 240 relay. I'm going to pick up another light timer relay to handle up to 8 more 1kw ballasts. Will the average 2 car garage be enough room for 11k of lighting? Is a dozen a good number of freedom buckets for an area that size? Do you generally go with the rule 150 cfm per cool tube? By that rule, I would need around 1650 cfm of ventilation, right? Damn, that's going to get noisy. What would be the best way to do this? Should I get one big ass fan that is going to be choked down by the 6" ducting or multiple 6" fans? What's the rule for btu's vs. watts of lighting? 2kbtu per 1kwatts? So by that rule, I need around 22k btu? Oh, shit on a shingle that's alot of A/C for one room haha. I already have one 9k btu portable, so I guess the most economical and easy to install sollution would be to add another larger portable to the mix like a 13 or 14k btu right? How big of a reservoir chiller am I going to need? How about intake and exhaust fans? I have 1 fantech 8" and one eco plus 6" already. My plans are becoming more realistic largely thanks to your help. Thank you so much for your time and expierence. This will be my largest venture yet(I know 11kw still ain't shit) and I will need all the advice that I can get because I sure as hell don't want to fuck this one up.

V

vhGhost

just for some info on my budys experience with usa-hydroponics <-- from ebay .. 4 months now and still no product no refund. worst part is that they lied to him about having it shipped out over night delivery and it never even got sent untill 1 week after that and !! it was just regular us postall. BULLSHIT!~

full time daddy
Veteran
CarharttKidd said:
Will the average 2 car garage be enough room for 11k of lighting?
i do 9k in a 12 x 12 ( not vert ) daystar a/c's not cooltubes

CarharttKidd said:
Is a dozen a good number of freedom buckets for an area that size?
i do 36 5 gallon dwc in a 12 x 12

CarharttKidd said:
Do you generally go with the rule 150 cfm per cool tube?
i have seen a 12" vortex do 9 lights ( 1140 / 9 = 126 )

CarharttKidd said:
By that rule, I would need around 1650 cfm of ventilation, right?
i run a 8" can fan per 3 ( 737 / 3 = 245 )
the reason i went so high is im gonna add a 4th per fan witch will put me at 184
u have to remember theres a thing call "staic presser"

CarharttKidd said:
Damn, that's going to get noisy. What would be the best way to do this? Should I get one big ass fan that is going to be choked down by the 6" ducting or multiple 6" fans?
on the vortex room it was 12" ducted to 3 lines of 6"'s
in mine i go from 8" to 6"
yes it can get noisy :D

CarharttKidd said:
What's the rule for btu's vs. watts of lighting?
2kbtu per 1kwatts? So by that rule, I need around 22k btu? 13 or 14k btu right?
the rule of thumb is 3-4 btu( up to 5 ) per 1 k depinding on outside temp
with cooltubes i find it to be 1-2 (up to 3) depending on temp outside / duct fan

i run a 25,000 btu in a 12 x 12 with 9k witch = 2.77 per

CarharttKidd said:
How big of a reservoir chiller am I going to need?
that depinds on 2 things temp of room / # of buckets & rez size

CarharttKidd said:
How about intake and exhaust fans?
with co2 & a/c u dont need them

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers. I really appreciate it. I plan on doing the krusty bucket system with only a few tweeks because of advancements in technology. My tenative goal is to use 12 buckets, however, this is going to be a very long time coming, so I am liable to make some tweeks to that figure depending on geographic location and the legal situation. I might end up with as few as 6 or as many as 25.

ChunkUFarley

Hi, you might try somewhere like this. http://www.winshipdesigns.com/home/ws1/listcats.

Hit oversize tubing when you get there.

I'm not sure but I believe pyrex and simax, are the same in that they are borsilicate tubing. I found another place a few months ago when I was searching for the same info as you, that would also cut to size but I can't find it. Hope this helps.

ganbino

I am not quite understanding something... Are you saying that you plan on running 12 plants total in a 7200 watt garden? If so, how long do you plan on vegging these ladies? If you are that would be under 2 plants per 1000 watts, I think you will want more then that to maximize your efficiency. I grow about 6-8 per 1000 watt hps, and I scrog so I veg for a nice amount of time, in DWC or bio buckets. i just do not think that 2 plants will fill a 1000 watt light in a very efficient way. That is just my personal opinion.

If you are not planning on doing this, then I am sorry, i must have misunderstood.

Peace and happy growing

No I'm going to grow 12 plants under 12-16kw I changed my mind :) I will be using the KFB system. There is more to growing than grams/watt. In my part of the world, it is a numbers game. I am trying to get the most off of each plant possible and avoid a long jail or prison sentence. I want to do this as legally as possible and still get outstanding results. There is another thread in the indoor hydro section that talks about this system.

ÆROSPACE

ChunkUFarley: That link is the bomb! I have been looing everywhere for a place like that. If you know of anymore places to get oversized tubing I would appreciate it if you could link them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

ÆROSPACE:joint:ut

Latest posts

Latest posts