What's new

Best Old School Breeders ? !

BIOJenn

Lets here it

Who are some of the Best and Still Ranked some of the Best Old School Breeders ? i am not talking about the new school guys popping up everyplace these days..id say early/late 80's-90's - No year 2000+ breeders

anybody?
:witch2:

mr noodles

avoid sensi because nobne of the strain is like what it was in the 80-90's the rpice is way to high too

the best old guy around : dj short, breeder steve spice of life , chimera

simon and ss seeds is a shure bet
paradise is a good gambling !

E

EverLast

Simon,Shanti Dj Short, Sol breeder steve and many many more

Fuel

Good question.
I think he mean : the oldest = the best skilled (experience), as absolute rule.

Even if BIOjen consider than breeder steve is a newcomer because established near the 2000 year, for me it's one of my favorite 1st gen breeder.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Probably because their book of reference (i.e. their mind) comes from a different age...a different place...and they try to recreate that in a smoke...

...That's why I grow DJ's gear anyway...I feel like I'm tapping into the 1970's...my favourite decade.

His stuff is resoundingly positive.

H

hulkbogan

Good question.
I think he mean : the oldest = the best skilled (experience), as absolute rule.

Even if BIOjen consider than breeder steve is a newcomer because established near the 2000 year, for me it's one of my favorite 1st gen breeder.

Not true, there are so many old folks out there stuck in their ways unwilling to learn or change the way they do things.Also, Breeder steve has been around way before 2000.

URUK

pretty sure steve had strains out before 2000, hence the SWT1.1 a decade of SWT its only 2009 a decade is still ten years isn't it, I remember cream sodica etc.....
Spice of life cannabis seeds : Quality cannabis seeds since 1994

though he ain't my fav

J

Jydsk

Best old skool grower would be me....i know what i want in a high, taste, plant structure and growth pattern. Frankly all i have tried from various so called pro breeders are lacking in one aspect or the other !

I am an old skool smoker on a mission to create the best goddam strain in the world.....for me.

I don't piss on the breeders of yesterday, but in an ever changing world new heroes will be born....

None mentioned, none forgotten......

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shanti - he has a great selection of strains, he is only expanding, he is very active in the community, he gives more then 10 seeds, his seeds are right priced to me, you can actually talk to him if you have a problem, easy grow strains, he doesn't give off that arrogant attitude, his seeds have a guarantee backed up by real action, he is one of very few who keep strains and doesn't keep switching off ( stability ) , he actually lists the parents used.... ........

I use to think DJ, but the more I think, the more I find to nitpick at. don't get me wrong I have many many many of his seeds, and have flo flowering as we speak.. and have TB and VL in veg

Last edited:
"Best" and "Old School" Are Both Meaningless

"Best" and "Old School" Are Both Meaningless

What are the criteria?

What are your particular criteria?

There's a "great divide" in Cannabis between indoor and outdoor.

There's another divide between temperate, sea level, growing and tropical, or high altitude growing.

These days, a large portion of the smoking public has never had anything but indoor reefer, or reefer grown outdoors at or near sea-level, in temperate latitudes.

If you haven't smoked anything else, there's no way to say "best".

BIOJenn

dont make it harder then it is^^^^

its simple
who do think is the best old school breeder
some of the old school guys that helped start it all and have worked hard to make stable top quality strains is what i wanted to here and a bunch have been mentioned. :) was curious to see what everyone thought., so keep it coming guys :kos:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The only one from back then who is still really doing it now is Simon from Serious, he passes up on earning a fortune by not producing Fem seeds because he is not happy with the product and still just produces the 5 classic Household name varieties that were and are the ultimte benchmark. :2cents:

He worked for Sensi back "when they were good" and teaches genetics at Uni, integrity is an overused word, but one Simon truly has earned.

DJ Short is clearly a brilliant breeder too, but his work is utterly esoteric, brilliant none the less.

amoril

The only one from back then who is still really doing it now is Simon from Serious, he passes up on earning a fortune by not producing Fem seeds because he is not happy with the product and still just produces the 5 classic Household name varieties that were and are the ultimte benchmark. :2cents:

thats a bold statement....so, I bolded it for you.

How do a few of the others mentioned not qualify? You quickly dispel DJShort, but what about Shantibaba (remember, this also includes Neville, his business partner)? Luc from Paradise maybe?

URUK

rez has been doing this for a surprisingly long time too

get out of here, does integrity count for nothing? unless you talk about scamming that he was and has been doing for a while

As for simon didn't he have cerebral with adam or tony? set up by alan dronkers ? so to say sensi was all good because of him seems crap to me. Didn't Adam, Tony and Simon all hang out together bout the same time ?