What's new

best non-boring strains to grow?

I am gonna chime in. I live on the Big Island, the DT has been here for over 10 yrs as far as I know, cause I had that strain in 2002 here. I have grown out seeds and the clone that floats around. I no longer do so.
The reason being, its well, its just boring...Once you get something better, you will never grow it again. I can grow countless strains that yield well, smell nice and are easy to trim, DT being one of them, but why??? It's not like I can command any kind of market with DT...

Now, if someone gave me clones, I would just like Greyskull, grow da sh!t outa them. However they are not going in my mother room..EVER!!
Get yourself some alien gear, way better high and will probably outyield the DT. Hell grow yourself some Chems or a solid OG and enjoy a real high, not that boring Dutch skunk blandness,lol..
Good luck with whateva you choose Robert :)

I saw this post and was inspired to start this thread but it kept saying database not found or some damn thing! what is a good strain that is not boring and has good yield? thanks

Tiami

if you don't want Chem/OG/Dutch stuff there's not much left. maybe some landraces or Ace/CBG hybrids? pure columbian x something might not be boring..

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Whats a boring strain anyway?? Whats boring to me might not be to U. I think talking about strain using the god, bad, best, worst, concept it's bullshit. I know people that hate OG's or chem strains.

The goal is to find the strains that sweet U needs. Its a long quest, I've be growing for a while and I'm still searching. My last round was MobBoss, Alien Skunk, Kraken, Alien Optimus, Purple Peyote, White Bubba and a few more. Even if some are really good smoke, I know I will keep searching, maybe its just what I like the best. No matter how good is the keeper I will still be popping seeds again.

Tiami

yeah it would be useful if we knew what is a boring strain. maybe it's time to grow some grapes, olives or vegetables? joke..

bland, common, run of the mill, generic, I don't know...
I would smoke just about anything but what would keep others pleased and not searching for new stuff?
Obviously some find certain strains boring, the quote above for example describes what more than one person seems to think of Dutch Treat.
Common strains like Skunk #1 they still in demand anymore? Or would most say ah that's boring I want Sour Berry Grape Apeshit Space bud? :D

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I assume you mean a sativa with a high ceiling to it. Panama Red from Cannabiogen is a fun buzz imo. They have a lot of good sativas, been looking at the Punta Rosa.

I did not see Skunk in the local dispensary but know it gets bred into things that are called something else.

Sitting Bull

go for PCK or Purple peyote... but its difficult ? which i belive cant be answered as it all depends on the smoker... but for up high i would go for Purple Thypoon from Dk. very fast.... done here at 55 n in sept.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yield aside..

DJ is very fun to explore.. in color / high / structure / smells / quirks....

Some real answers finally, THANKS!
Who has the Purple Typhoon now?
what is PCK? I heard good things about Purple Peyote.
Yeah, looking for something really good but preferably something not everyone is doing.

growhi

bangi haze !

sugar haze

any blueberry !

a ultimix from chimera

ssh

one of mr nices old school cross's ! nev x mango is gettin a big rep !

and polly polly polly hbrids !! .................... 'you never know what you gunnaa get !'

Tiami

if you feel like you want to breed make some (mangobiche x peyote purple) x mangobiche please. I would subscribe to that purple delight. and make plenty of seeds.. :dance013:

Apodo

Mandala all the way, I am eager to start with the germination of my Satori seeds. When I think about it, is if the making of new seeds is mandatory...
But well, if you like exotic I would look toward Vietnam Black x Thai (ACE Seeds), Punto Rojo (colombian landrace, 3 types varying between the height of the place) and a good Lebanese (courtesy of the The Real Seed Company).
See ya around.

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha, seeing how my opinion stimulated this conversation,of which I am honored to do so by the way, I will attempt to explain " Boring".

Boring plants/stone to me is nothing stands out, nothing, its just there and its not exciting. Its pot, but nothing special, and to top it off its boring, you know stoned and blah, not going anywhere not doing anything, BORING. If you breed with it, it makes other stones dumb down and get boring. There is nothing psychedelically or cosmically any thing going on. Boring!!!

if you don't want Chem/OG/Dutch stuff there's not much left.
There is nothing further from the truth. This is misinformation. Do your homework and you will find out in about 2 minutes how wrong this statement is. This thread will show you :)

what is a good strain that is not boring and has good yield
MY god man, where to start. Any 100% sativa will not be boring, trust us. Most of the mostly sativa hybrids are far from boring. the 50/50's are in the same boat. Its only when you get into the Indica's and mostly Indica's that the stone gets "boring" according to most.

My theory does not apply all the time however as there are plenty of "boring" sativa's, but its rare. There are some indica's that will blow your mind, farthest thing from boring you can get, but its rare.. Get my point?

And more importantly, it comes down to the individual, what do you find exciting, what do you find boring...Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just like boring stones

I do believe however, after years and years of smoking dank, and being around the best strains in the world on a daily basis, knowledgeable smokers world wide have very similar if not the same experience from the same strains, thus a strain gets termed boring, or a strain gets termed "fire" .

I'm gonna wrack my brain, spend some time sharing strains we have found that are not boring. I really like the whole idea of this. Im gonna go smoke some ADUBB, which is far from boring,lol and ponder this while watching some NFL. be back soon :)

Latest posts

Latest posts