What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best light to use for a isolated pollenation

Phlavorjunkee

Veteran
I have a male Karma Genetics "Sowahh"

I want to use him to pollenate a female "sowahh " from the same pack to make f2s

But also have another cut i'd like to pollenate of a different strain too.

Was planning to isolate them ( 3 plants)in a 3x3 or a 2x4 tent, with minimal light.
To isolate from my other flower rooms.

My question is, since I'm not flowering for yield/ flower. And just for seed, can I use a lower powered light like a LED Cob,or even just a few CFLs.? Or t5s?

What's the most efficient , light I can use and still get a quality haul of seed for my effort. But not add to my already high power bill lol

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this or responds!!

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have a male Karma Genetics "Sowahh"

I want to use him to pollenate a female "sowahh " from the same pack to make f2s

But also have another cut i'd like to pollenate of a different strain too.

Was planning to isolate them ( 3 plants)in a 3x3 or a 2x4 tent, with minimal light.
To isolate from my other flower rooms.

My question is, since I'm not flowering for yield/ flower. And just for seed, can I use a lower powered light like a LED Cob,or even just a few CFLs.? Or t5s?

What's the most efficient , light I can use and still get a quality haul of seed for my effort. But not add to my already high power bill lol

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this or responds!!
Yes, you can as long as the photoperiod is stable.