What's new

best led products atm?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BML Horticulture lights are well worth investigating. A real company making quality products in USA

I am currently using 2 x 3ft custom spectrum bars as side/supplement lighting in my 432w hot5 tent

Also have a one off custom spec SPYDR 600 on order

See my thread for pics

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
This makes me want to pull my digi's out and test them on my kill a watt meters. How efficient are mag and digi ballasts compared to their listed wattage as well.

Has anyone watt tested quantum lumi's etc?

wonder how close to the 400w 600w and 1kw mark they are as well.

recently tested the watts used on 2 old fashioned magnetic ballasts and one used 630 w and the other used 625w and these are just cheap open ballast 600 hps units. i should test the usage on my new philips 600 digital fixtures, they are supposed to give me the same output as a 660w light while being more energy efficient at the same time. will definitely check this out will be interesting to compare.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They make some valid points, but skip over what I think most people are looking at when examining wattage.

If a fixture is advertised as being a 700 watt unit, but in reality only draws 250 watts, then it is reasonable to assume that the chips are being driven at a fraction of what they are theoretically capable of, usually as a result of inadequate cooling or to try and limp through the warranty period.