What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best led option for 3ft x 3ft aeroponic setup.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I like cobs, i have a few, but i think the more even light spread of the samsung boards or strips is more beneficial..

You get a longer lifespan if the diodes stay under 40/50C and are dimmed to around 70% of their max rated wattage.

Koondense

Veteran
Seems the prices for QBs went up a bit, now a 240W kit comes at 300€. Still a great price though.

Cheers

Mattbho

There is no way that urban buddy will compete with a 1000w hps or 750de. I own a 8x cree 3950@550w fixture and an aircooled w/1000w hortilux. While the cob is bright and ALOT cooler. It cant put out the fat ass nugs of the 1000

Spaventa

Veteran
There is no way that urban buddy will compete with a 1000w hps or 750de. I own a 8x cree 3950@550w fixture and an aircooled w/1000w hortilux. While the cob is bright and ALOT cooler. It cant put out the fat ass nugs of the 1000

My local retailer will let you return the Urban Buddy if you aren’t happy. That really says it all. It’s got the very latest LEDs in it. It’s been tested extensively and the claim is credible to me having seen one on demo. Incredibly powerful. First led that made think it’s nearly time to switch. Just the price needs to drop a bit then I will.

usda101

Seems the prices for QBs went up a bit, now a 240W kit comes at 300€. Still a great price though.

Cheers

Seeing you evolving to qb tells me something . I usually run 1000 hps but switching to led , studied diy cree cobs awhile and im ready ro pull the trigger. Need 2 led fixtures equivalent to 2/600 hps diy is fine , Both fixtures for veg/bloom pushed hard . Have $1100 U.S to spend and looking for input , cree or qb ?

Koondense

Veteran
One of each :)

Seriously, both options are equally good, a qb kit will be easier to assemble and maybe cheaper than a comparable cob kit with passive heatsinks.
If you go full diy, i would say go hybrid - 3500K qbs with 2700K 95cri cobs.

For you budget and the goal to replace two 600hids you'll need to diy with vero se cobs driven @100w each on active heatsinks... that would be my pick.
The easiest way would be to just buy 4-5 QB kits and drive them at 2/3 power. But you'll probably need 6 kits for a proper hps replacement.

Cheers