What's new

BEST L.E.D. SOLD

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
It took quite a bit of reading, however its actually very easy. This is coming from someone with zero electric/wiring/soldering experience. After making one, making more would be very simple!

After putting together the strip, it didn't work. The next day, I figured out it was b/c I had the power input on the wrong side. After googling something like 'make an led light' I learned about circuits. Easy as pie!

I you like DIY projects, I would give it a go. I did have to spend about $40 on tools (soldering iron, multimeter) plus another $10 on supplies (kapton tape, copper tape, solder, plugs, etc).
Alright you've convinced me to attempt a DIY LED :). Besides I have most of the tools already somewhere in my garage. I'm just going to make a small veg light though. For the flower room I'm going to use the BloomBoss LEDs.

And thank you Freezer Boy for combining the threads :thank you:.

greenmystic

The GLH lights have been praised by everyone. But I'm just running these LEDs in a small PC side grow. No Need for 120w. But if I fall in love with LEDs, atleast I'll know where to go :).

Can you point me to the praise for GLH? I'm looking around for a general opinion on them, test grows, etc. Just started looking for info today so pointers in the right direction would be great! I was interested in HydroGrowLed last year but then learned of antics on the part of the seller so I want to make sure there is something more solid...

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Can you point me to the praise for GLH? I'm looking around for a general opinion on them, test grows, etc. Just started looking for info today so pointers in the right direction would be great! I was interested in HydroGrowLed last year but then learned of antics on the part of the seller so I want to make sure there is something more solid...

Wish I could PM you.

Search the web a little.

C

CLOWD11

looking to buy a new L.E.D i want the best system sold no matter what the price Im just looking for some advice.
No bs please recommend it if youve used it or have hard proof its running with the best
thank you very much everyone here on IC you guys are bomb digity

Try this LED if as you say price is no problem.
Weighing in at $6995 and using 1038W it should suit any micro grow :tiphat:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lumigrow kicks ass & grows strong bushy trees not little wimpy weak plants, ftw! :woohoo:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Lets get back on topic. The topic is LEDS, not gay bashing or character assassination.

TOU article 9:

9. Banning: People who violate IC Magazine's forum guidelines are subject to banning. Once someone has been banned from the site, we do not allow complaints from other members about it. Once banned, we are done with that individual, and no amount of complaining from other members will help. We do not justify our bans to the general membership. Those who complain about a banishment, are subject to being banned themselves.

OsWiZzLe

LEDs are so far away from being useful ....this shit is funny how you guys are so in love with them....

smokefrogg

Veteran
i'm sorry if it came off as bashing, i did think she was cute, we spoke a bit about led technology and that was pretty engaging, i totally disagree that several kessil diodes couldn't be feasibly crammed into an led panel and not get incredibly hot if the proper ventilation was there though

smokefrogg

Veteran
LEDs are so far away from being useful ....this shit is funny how you guys are so in love with them....

there's plenty of proof of them being useful to people

maybe useless to you if you are doing serious business, not all of us are doing that, some of us are doing this for personals and don't need to be pumping out pounds at a time, some grams here and there may be more than enough depending on the individual

shit man, i even saw an entire grow from start to finish done only with one of the 14 watt original sunshine systems panels...the thing was lanky as can be, but that individual did actually get a bit of bud to puff with zero ventilation and the most minimal impact on electricity

i wonder how that grow would have compared to say a single 26 watt cfl bulb? i'm guessing it'd be pretty comparable

p.s. i don't want to marry my leds, i would buy them a drink though...

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Pay no attention to the wizzle behind the curtain. Look to those with actual experience.

Lost my links but shoot PMs to Sleepy, Hazy, VerdantGreen and Blazeoneup for real, live, led grows.

repoocbd

I am thinking of switching from HPS to LED. I have had great success with my 400 watt HPS but I want to do better with out the cost of electricity and added heat removal. Has anyone tried the new 5 band Illuminator UFO's? Here is one site I found them on, may not be where I would buy them.

http://www.prosourceworldwide.com/

It is not too costly given the cost a 600 or 800 watt HPS ballast and bulb would be as well. If they are half as good as the company wants to make them sound then they would be perfect for my needs. I know there is a post in this thread that talks about the tri band Illuminator UFO's so I was hoping someone had tried the new 5 band ones.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I am thinking of switching from HPS to LED. I have had great success with my 400 watt HPS but I want to do better with out the cost of electricity and added heat removal. Has anyone tried the new 5 band Illuminator UFO's? Here is one site I found them on, may not be where I would buy them.

http://www.prosourceworldwide.com/

It is not too costly given the cost a 600 or 800 watt HPS ballast and bulb would be as well. If they are half as good as the company wants to make them sound then they would be perfect for my needs. I know there is a post in this thread that talks about the tri band Illuminator UFO's so I was hoping someone had tried the new 5 band ones.

Their price seems a bit steep. My 180W six band was less than half the price.

Roaches

Anyone tried the magnum 357 led?......its pretty new so there isnt allot of reviews on it atm.....everything that i have seen though shows favorable results....especially for the price! ill need at least 2 for my grow space but can only afford 1 atm.....maybe ill get one now and save for another while i use my hid setup....

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Even after seeing some of the grows done right such as Verdant Green, i think that LED's are more comparable to CFL's, not HID with the exception of anything <250w....just my opinion...trying to justify it next to HID will be the future.

My dads working with a company right now who produces lights for arena lighting and parking/street lights with LED's. I think they range from 25w for the street lights to 100w's for arena's...

Latest posts

Latest posts