What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best jars for curing?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indoor-Outd...rmometer-Temp-Temperature-Meter-/311518857393

i took this one, dont understand much about hygrometer tehnology but isnt analog accurate? thank u all 4 help, my first cure hope everything is gonna be neat :D
...you really should take the time to read that thread, it will give you a much deeper understanding of the curing process.

...and no, i wouldn't be relying on a .99 item for accurate readings, ...this is the one you want.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Caliber-IV-Di...-Capable-Western-NEW-/131722407011?nav=SEARCH

peace, bozo

https://www.amazon.it/Caliber-Digit...TF8&qid=1472502128&sr=1-3&keywords=Caliber+IV

In Italy its around 100 us dolars... In my countr there is no to buy... Shity situation for me... If there's good ones, they are more then 10cm weidht, imposible to put in the jar.

I have red the thred bro, and i know everything. Well most things, and i wish to take them to 58-62% humidity. But dont know how, with situation i have.

Thx 4 advice all, u r more then kind and helpful!

Easy7

Veteran
I used to work at goodwill. A resale store for those that do not know. There was a 2 pound glass hermatic (lock lid airtight with a rubber seal) spaghetti jar that came in. Didn't grab that sucker and I'm sure a nice cola will fit nicely in one. Did grab a small hermatic jar, enough for a quarter of tight buds.

Wide mouth is best jar for nugs.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
personally I'm using cardboard boxes.. although I still use 4, 1/2 gallon jars that hold, total, 1 QP of usually 4 different strains for me..used to use 1 qt mason jars (yes, most jars will work) then went to 1/2 gallon jars. <they hold a nice full ounce of bud without over filling, leaving room of evaporated ??? humidity.. in a qt jar, 1/2 oz... packem too tight when not dry enough will encourage mold... BUT all jars rattle and are a PITA when there is a pound or two of bud to be processed.. burping 20 - 30 jars ??? nah! and you can not keep that many jars quiet while burping.. EDIT: although bottles do help keeping smell contained if that is a consideration..

I can get 2 oz in this 1. I have a bigger 1 that can hold a 10oz. Plant. it makes it easy to turn the buds and air it out.

Attachments

• 0829162330.jpg
    0829162330.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 10
I wont have much nugs, quality and dense little fickers but not to much. So i need the remedy for hygrometer :) anybody willing to send used calibro for Europe? I have seeds with very good genetic for exchange.

All I have are these fat ones, too big to fit nice in a jar with buds. When I go to the store I'll see if they have small ones, but I'm prety sure they don't. Don't pay 100 bucks for one though! That's too high. Look on Amazon or DHgate.com I bet they have em.

1 thing I do different from the "Perfect Cure" method is I wait to trim after the cure is finished. They trim then cure. What I recommend is trim half of your buds and cure it all together. When it's done trim the other half. You will notice a difference! It tastes so much better when the trim is done after the cure. And it's surprisingly easy to trim dry buds. Its also more convient if you don't have the time to trim a whole plant. Pull a couple buds out trim em and seal em in a mason jar. Have fun!

1 thing I do different from the "Perfect Cure" method is I wait to trim after the cure is finished. They trim then cure. What I recommend is trim half of your buds and cure it all together. When it's done trim the other half. You will notice a difference! It tastes so much better when the trim is done after the cure. And it's surprisingly easy to trim dry buds. Its also more convient if you don't have the time to trim a whole plant. Pull a couple buds out trim em and seal em in a mason jar. Have fun!

The plant lost 50% of leafes allrdy )around 4 weeks till end), but THE NUGS. They are fat and looking like universe, literaly :D

It will be around 40, 50 grams. And i wish to cure them perfectly. I cant buy that one cos it's 2 expensive (100 us dolars lol). And allrdy invested nice money in it, so wouldlike not to cure them in plastic cos i dont think its the same like glass. In some good thread i red, that terpens or trichoms doesnt have goodreaction with plastics. I dont mind for calibro beeing plastic, i just dont think that hole medium should be ;(

and i live in vountry that is little shity for buying pro hygrometer so dont ask me anything. Everything is done very nice (considering the plant grow) but now fucking Calibro is fucking my brains :)

All I have are these fat ones, too big to fit nice in a jar with buds. When I go to the store I'll see if they have small ones, but I'm prety sure they don't. Don't pay 100 bucks for one though! That's too high. Look on Amazon or DHgate.com I bet they have em.

In most cases they dont send to my country. So my only option is for someone from USA to send it to me by letter. Eastern Europe bro, gateway for hell...

M

meowmeowmeow

Easy to say in any language folks

Easy to say in any language folks

WWMacGD?
wwmd.jpg

Burn it Fuck curing.

Keep It Simple Stoner :joint:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Burn it Fuck curing.
I would beg to differ. I had 2 similar phenos, almost identical after the dry. After some months of curing one turned out hands down superior to the other in all respects…smell, taste, potency, etc, which ended being the cut I kept.

0279346_1.jpg

and how good are this air tight ones for curing, are mason better? Cos i found this in green colour as most ppl do reccomend. Just dont really get which is better, many use mason jar, but no body cant tell me WHY are mason jars better then this air tight ones?

thank u all

Betterhaff

Veteran
A lot of people use mason jars because they are relatively inexpensive, available, and easy to work with. Any glassware that is airtight is good, you just have to get the buds to the appropriate moisture levels first (burping).

Most mason jars are clear probably because of cost and aesthetics. When filled, best to be stored in a dry, cool, and dark location.

M

meowmeowmeow

Let me be direct and say Triballian don't overthink this.
You will be OK with whatever you decide on.

I hope there's no confusion in that statement.

i like to hear opinion from master of curing, of course there is difrence and of course i wanna know what is the best option. I like to ddo everything in perfect way. Ok is just not fine for me. But thx 4 ur advice m8.

Bought Caliber IV and will follow "perfect cure method" from Simon. The jar islast piece of puzzle. I made organic grow, made ACT, added Guano tea, all nice stuff they can get.

So why not giveng them the best posible jars. I plan to cure the rest of my life and would like to tech everything in best posible way. So i can do it as it should be done, and transfer right information for my friends. Who fell lazy to reed and learn as much as i do.

Latest posts

Latest posts