What's new

Best hang over cure.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I turned 21 today and my buddies took me out to the bar last night at midnight. Now I've drank before but fuck this hang over is devastating, not to mention it's nearly 100 degrees outside and I don't have AC.

NOKUY

Veteran
I turned 21 today and my buddies took me out to the bar last night at midnight. Now I've drank before but fuck this hang over is devastating, not to mention it's nearly 100 degrees outside and I don't have AC.

i recommend lots and lots of ice water...

also if u would have drank a good amount of water before passing out and took a cpl advil last night...youd feel much better today.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recommend a fat bowl, then eating whatever seems most appetizing at the moment.

My fastest recoveries have been when I toked up, and used the temporary relief from nausea to get down something other than water.

Re-hydrating is super important too, but when hungover, your body is depleted of other things it needs food to replace and thus speed recovery.

Happy 21st man!

R

randude101

Hangover cure? Booze of course.

I just realized this very instant why I never used to get hangover. I used to drink every day

mrjim5000

Take 2 ibuprofen and have a shower. If you can manage some food that helps. Then the only way forward is a couple of hours more sleep, and hair of the dog later to remove the last vestiges of the hangover.

R

randude101

Take 2 ibuprofen and have a shower. If you can manage some food that helps. Then the only way forward is a couple of hours more sleep, and hair of the dog later to remove the last vestiges of the hangover.

You sound like a pro!

Mr. Tony

Veteran
i recommend lots and lots of ice water...

also if u would have drank a good amount of water before passing out and took a cpl advil last night...youd feel much better today.

lol i don't even remember getting home last night. I doubt i was even coherent enough to open the advil bottle

hair of the dog. find a bar with ac.

thats what I've been told but i don't know how well thats going to sett

I recommend a fat bowl, then eating whatever seems most appetizing at the moment.

My fastest recoveries have been when I toked up, and used the temporary relief from nausea to get down something other than water.

Re-hydrating is super important too, but when hungover, your body is depleted of other things it needs food to replace and thus speed recovery.

Happy 21st man!

thanks man, I'd kill for a bowl right now.

mrjim5000

You sound like a pro!

Us british like our drinks :) Seriously, ibuprofen is the way forward with hangovers, paracetamol doesn't cut it as it is metabalised out of the body by the same chemical as alcohol, so as soon as you take it your body is trying to get rid of it :wallbash:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
sorry i'm cheap and stoned....menudo......

Menudo (soup)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (January 2009)The soup menudo is a traditional Mexican dish; a frequently spicy soup made with tripe. It is often thought of as a cure for a hangover, and is traditionally served on special occasions or with family. Menudo is many times not only for special occasions but is eaten on Saturday and Sunday mornings as the breakfast of champions. Usually, lemon, chopped onions and chopped cilantro is added and some also add crushed oregano and extra crushed red chili peppers for a spicier taste. Menudo is eaten with corn tortillas. The tortillas are placed on the hand flat and rolled with the other from the tip of the fingers to the back of the palm (or vice versa) and held with the hand not using the spoon. The rolled tortilla can be dipped in the menudo and a bite taken or bites taken as the menudo is consumed.
Menudo is time intensive, taking some 7 hours to make. The meat should be rinsed clean first. Menudo usually has tripe, honeycomb and "librillo" stomach beef meat along with the beef feet and tendons. The feet and tendons are boiled first at low to medium heat for about 3 hours. Skimming off the top layer of floating foam about every 15 minutes for the first hour helps the flavor. After the first 3 hours, the stomach meat should be added along with salt, an onions cut in half and one or two heads of garlic. A very important part of the menudo is the chili paste that is added at this time as well. This paste is different from region to region so it will not be discussed here and some do not even add that. The menudo is allowed to continue boiling for an additional three hours all the while being covered to avoid evaporation. Once it is almost done, add the hominy.
It is a well known fact that menudo will taste even better after re-heating since the flavor will have concentrated even more.
There are a number of regional variations on menudo. In northern Mexico, typically hominy (creation of hominy is one step in the production of tortilla dough) is added, and in northwest states such as Sinaloa and Sonora usually only the blanco, or white, variation is seen. Adding patas (beef or pigs feet) to the stew is popular but not universal. In some areas of central Mexico, "menudo" refers to stew of sheep stomach, "pancitas" stew of beef stomach. The red variation is usually seen in Chihuahua, the northern state adjoining Texas. A similar stew made with more easily cooked meat is pozole.
The popularity of menudo in Mexico is such that Mexico is a major export market for stomach tripe from US and Canadian beef producers. Large frozen blocks of imported menudo meat can frequently be seen in Mexican meat markets.
The word "menudo" in Mexico can mean the raw stomach meat as well as the stew. The word tripas (tripe) normally refers to the small intestines rather than the stomach. Tripas are also eaten, but normally in tacos rather than stews.
In southeast Mexico, menudo is more commonly known as mondongo (the South American version of menudo), and it does not include the traditional grains of corn.
In the last season of the 1970s television series Sanford and Son, Fred Sanford made a reference to menudo in almost every episode. It was thought to be his favorite dish.
Menudo also refers to an entirely different stew-like dish made in the Philippines. This dish, in contrast, is made of garlic, onions, diced pork chops, pork liver, diced potato, diced carrots, green bell peppers, soy sauce and tomato sauce, and seasoned with salt and pepper while it is cooked. Filipino menudo will usually contain tripe though common variants will include chickpeas, red peppers and raisins.
Menudo (from Latin minūtus) also means "small, thin, worthless, vulgar, (money) change, tripe, and tithe from small orchards".[1] It is unknown if the soup came to be known as menudo, since it was made up of tripe, or if any of the other meanings, which are many, have something to do with it.
Menudo is eaten for breakfast and is known as the "Breakfast of Champions" in New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma.[2]
An Annual Menudo Festival is held in Santa Maria, California. In 2009, more than 2,000 people attended and 13 restaurants competed for prizes in three different categories. The Festival is Organized by the National Latino Peace Officers Association of Northern Santa Barbara County and the money raised goes toward the Robert Ramos Scholarship Fund.

:yeahthats

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
gatorade watered down to taste

ginger root gravol lozenges

vape (or smoke) some weed/hash

eggs benedict

K

KMK0420

simple solution:

drink daily intake of water BEFORE drinking (64 ounces);
also, drink an amount to cover what alcohol dehydrates you from (1 shot/mixed drink you need 4-8oz of water to account for it)

then eat 2 bananas.

before going to bed, another glass of water with excedrin/advil, along with something small to eat (toast, bagel, etc.)

always works for me, but i dont drink often

G

Greyskull

happy belated 21st!

reknowned heavy drinkers Pantera were asked how they partied so hard on tour yet still took care of business... when asked how they dealt with hangovers, dimebag darell (rip) explained when you're hung over you need electrolytes, and they (pantera) preferred Pedialyte + taco bell.

hope this helps you

congrats

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

menudo and a cold beer sounds like a football Sunday to me

BRNEYDBVR

happy belated 21st!

reknowned heavy drinkers Pantera were asked how they partied so hard on tour yet still took care of business... when asked how they dealt with hangovers, dimebag darell (rip) explained when you're hung over you need electrolytes, and they (pantera) preferred Pedialyte + taco bell.

hope this helps you

congrats

:yeahthats:headbange:joint:

Some really good advice.

I'm about your age, i'll say i swear by smoking a bong snap. a nice bowl of menudo. and if you got it, take a little bit of xanax or klonopin or any benzodiazepine.

I don't like to condone drug use, but those ^ settle your stomach pretty good. the menudo gives you some fucking life. and the bowl helps you get the menudo/ anything in your stomach.

P

perakko

sourmilk, lotsa water, bowl after bowl.. and if ya got a girl, get off with her! that should take care of it.

personally wouldn't touch alcohol without some smokage in hand, that shit's bad for you!

Latest posts

Latest posts