What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Growlight Currently Available?

Tynehead Tom

The old MH or QMH ARC tubes can't be compared to the new CMH ARC tubes. The new CMH ARC tubes produced a much better spectrum closer to what the sun produces and burned at a cooler temp. IMO we really can't compare QMH with CMH.

Ive ran QMH before CMH was released. For me, CMH crushed all the results I got using HPS or QMH.
@Hammerhead what lights do you run these days?
I am always impressed with the pictures you post of your plants so i am curious.
My collection of lights includes an HLG 600 Bspec that replaced the 1000w MH that ran my veg room.
I have 400w and 1000w halide kits, 400 and 1000w HPS kits and a spider farmer sf4000 that was recenty gifted to me.
In the old school days when i was learning , my mentor always ran 1 x 1000w halide for every 2 x 1000w HPS
That worked well.
These days I find myself looking at lights again for the flower room and was going to run the SF4000 LED but I dunno, I kinda need to or 3 of them. So my search leads me to CMH as an alternative to the HPS.

shotnva777

@Tynehead Tom, I have an assortment of different lights. Starting with the most expensive to free. HLG DIABLO, HLG Custom 300W LED, Bestva 400W LED, Accomying 800W LED. Mars FCE-6500, Mars SP250

Growers Choice CMH 1KW.

I run all CMH in veg. In flower I use CMH/LED
Yep I kinda do the same in my 4X4X7ft tent.

So I run a RDJ Bouns Growline 720w of full spectrum LED (without IR/UV) during veg, but my first hour of light, I solely crank my 2x 315w CMH duct cooled hood, holding two 3k Samsung bulbs. Then, the timer shifts and the LED takes over for the rest of the day. Then, one hour before lights out, the LED switches off and the CMH once again cuts on soley - an hour later, they're sleeping for 5 hours before starting the process again.

Then, during flower, I do the exact same thing at 12 and 12, except ill hit em with the CMH for an hour or 2, right in the middle of their 12 hour shift.

I grow some absolute beast using this light schedule in airpots and a Happy Frog/Perlite/TomatoTone Organic Fert. Mix. This last run was autos, I'll post a picture of one of my Gelatos. I'm hoping to get some IR/UV suppliment bars from either RDJ (expensive as hell) or AC Infinity and maybe I won't have to rack up my electricity bill so much! Though theres nothing like flowering under a CMH imo!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_103602_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_103602_Messenger.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20231216_103615_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_103615_Messenger.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20231216_103702_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_103702_Messenger.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 93

Ca++

Dang I know this is old, but I'm debating on buying a Fluence Spydr 2i 631w or a Viparspectra ks5000 today, for my 4x4x7ft tent. Wish this guy was still around to see how the fluence worked without c02
Interesting decision. The Vipar would do it, but it's 335w per meter, or 31w per foot. Myself, I would go for the Fluence. It's 20% more, at 420w meter, or 39w per foot. This would suit a more experienced grower, or simply do the job of the Vipar, without needing to run at 100% power.

In a brand battle, it's almost real vs fake. Though I must give it to Vipar, that while using a 301 diode, they quote a system efficiency of 2.4umol/w. A figure lower than I have seen any other manufacturer admit. They also have the most uniform spread of light in a 4x4 I have seen claimed. Though it doesn't quite add up, I have to give a nod to this cannabis lighting brand. Though I would get some satisfaction from seeing the Fluence branding, that I really shouldn't. Ultimately though, I want the brighter light.

I hope that helps, though I suspect you already committed.

Bibio II

Hi everyone, i hope i'm in the right place.
I'm looking for upgrade my tent from HID to LED. After some weeks i've found some different panels but i'm very undicided. I'm looking for a 4'×4' to 5'x5' filled in a SOG techinque, and i found these options. Someone can help me with the best choice?

HLG Scorpion Diablo
GML Tarantula Vulcan Magma
GML Tarantula Vulcan Nitro
Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w 3.1 (this one have the lowest wattage of the pool, maybe need to add 2 single bar 100w for extra light spot?)
MarsHydro FC-6500 Evo

I'll probabilly need the 240 Volts version for UE.
If there are more valid option i'm opened to any advice 😁

Maybe they are all valid and simply i need to take the cheapest one? There is a best one and is worh it?

Thanks to all of you 🙏

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi everyone, i hope i'm in the right place.
I'm looking for upgrade my tent from HID to LED. After some weeks i've found some different panels but i'm very undicided. I'm looking for a 4'×4' to 5'x5' filled in a SOG techinque, and i found these options. Someone can help me with the best choice?

HLG Scorpion Diablo
GML Tarantula Vulcan Magma
GML Tarantula Vulcan Nitro
Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w 3.1 (this one have the lowest wattage of the pool, maybe need to add 2 single bar 100w for extra light spot?)
MarsHydro FC-6500 Evo

I'll probabilly need the 240 Volts version for UE.
If there are more valid option i'm opened to any advice 😁

Maybe they are all valid and simply i need to take the cheapest one? There is a best one and is worh it?

Thanks to all of you 🙏
Any of those lights will work just fine. They are expensive lights and if you don't mind spending the money I would say the
HLG Scorpion Diablo. That light will blind you if you are not careful. Whatever you decide friend, come back and post so we can see the results.

Bibio II

GML Borg
rayonled 760pro
Any of those lights will work just fine. They are expensive lights and if you don't mind spending the money I would say the
HLG Scorpion Diablo. That light will blind you if you are not careful. Whatever you decide friend, come back and post so we can see the results.

Thanks guys for the help! Yeah the GML Borg is letterally a beast, unfortunatly 1500w for me is overkill. Where i live the bill for the electricity is very high.
I probabilly realize too late that GML and HLG are difficult and too much expensive to import (including taxes and customs fee i'll probabilly pay over 2000), i understimate this aspect in my research.
I also found the Dimlux 750w Pro NIR for 1500€, seems a very good quality product but i think the price is charged on the "appeal" features like the LCD screen. Useful, but worth it? For the price i don't think.
Mars Hydro FC-8000-EVO less then 1000€, Spider Farmer G8600 for 700€ and the Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w 3.1 for 1200€ are probabilly the most affordable and efficient products?

The MarsHydro (teorically) seems the best choice (new Samsung LM301h Evo, up to 800w, completely dimmable and a practice remote control app).
My first choice is Lumatek, but is really better? Also have the Samsung LM301h Evo, but the spectrum is enrich with Osram diodes. Have less wattage (600w), don't have any app or remote controller include in the sell price, then... is really better? Appel make me prefer Lumatek, but the specs and price is for MarsHydro.
Do you also guys think the FC-8000-EVO is the best choice for a 4x4 / 5x5 tent? Let me know 😂

As i told you, i'm a LED newbie, i can only use data and expert advice for decide the best option for me (i think nobody want to burn thei money in wrong or not really good purchase 😂) be patient with me and my warrying please, and sorry for the long post! 🙏

Thanks to all

gemini918

Thanks guys for the help! Yeah the GML Borg is letterally a beast, unfortunatly 1500w for me is overkill. Where i live the bill for the electricity is very high.
I probabilly realize too late that GML and HLG are difficult and too much expensive to import (including taxes and customs fee i'll probabilly pay over 2000), i understimate this aspect in my research.
I also found the Dimlux 750w Pro NIR for 1500€, seems a very good quality product but i think the price is charged on the "appeal" features like the LCD screen. Useful, but worth it? For the price i don't think.
Mars Hydro FC-8000-EVO less then 1000€, Spider Farmer G8600 for 700€ and the Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w 3.1 for 1200€ are probabilly the most affordable and efficient products?

The MarsHydro (teorically) seems the best choice (new Samsung LM301h Evo, up to 800w, completely dimmable and a practice remote control app).
My first choice is Lumatek, but is really better? Also have the Samsung LM301h Evo, but the spectrum is enrich with Osram diodes. Have less wattage (600w), don't have any app or remote controller include in the sell price, then... is really better? Appel make me prefer Lumatek, but the specs and price is for MarsHydro.
Do you also guys think the FC-8000-EVO is the best choice for a 4x4 / 5x5 tent? Let me know 😂

As i told you, i'm a LED newbie, i can only use data and expert advice for decide the best option for me (i think nobody want to burn thei money in wrong or not really good purchase 😂) be patient with me and my warrying please, and sorry for the long post! 🙏

Thanks to all
Dimlux 750w NIR for 864 euros here

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

Thanks to all
being a cheap fuk, i opt'd for the mars fce8000 which has the cheaper chips in my 5x5ft tent- i run it at max 70/75pct... certainly the buds are not the size that we grew under hid, and led is def a learning curve... other then the plug on the fixture becoming so hot it was melting the 3way plug (thank god i was home) it was performing ok... now i am awaiting the new power cord from mars... to continue the grow... its been 2weeks

Bibio II

Dimlux 750w NIR for 864 euros here

Thanks dude!! :giggle:

being a cheap fuk, i opt'd for the mars fce8000 which has the cheaper chips in my 5x5ft tent- i run it at max 70/75pct... certainly the buds are not the size that we grew under hid, and led is def a learning curve... other then the plug on the fixture becoming so hot it was melting the 3way plug (thank god i was home) it was performing ok... now i am awaiting the new power cord from mars... to continue the grow... its been 2weeks

ow... I'm sorry to hear that, luckily you didn't suffer any major damage, but it remains a very serious and dangerous episode to the detriment of MarsHydro, I'll take it into account, thanks for sharing!

trixP

Thanks to all
I spoke with the GML man and it doesn’t actually run 1500W

It runs 700somethint you can run 1500

The Borg is for true pro’s and mega connoisseur who wana really tune n mess with spectrums

My next fixture when I replace
My rayonleds

trixP

I did lots of research before purchasing my fixtures and I can tell you anything from Canada that has certs for Medicinal the quality of the product will be higher than competitors, the Canadian laws are very high in safety and such things yes they cost more but they are worth it

If you are looking for the best, as mentionned they’re are plenty great quality fixtures are a great price check out micro he legit tests the consumption of fixtures par readings etc

On YouTube those more budget friendly
Fixtures burn more power vs they’re more expensive counter parts which often have crazy spectrums and twice as many chips etc

Hasch

learning and laughing
other then the plug on the fixture becoming so hot it was melting the 3way plug (thank god i was home)
Just so I understand what you are suggesting (English isn't my first language):
A lighting array that pulls somewhere near 800w has the plug just melt and then you suggest someone else should get this same model lighting array?

Dude, your home could have burned down or maybe even you (+ your family) could have died because of this 😳

:crazy: In my eyes...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Still be careful friend. Keep a close eye on the new plug too just to be safe. Feel it every few minutes at first and if it gets hot again like before, just unplug it completely. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Rgd

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Just so I understand what you are suggesting (English isn't my first language):
A lighting array that pulls somewhere near 800w has the plug just melt and then you suggest someone else should get this same model lighting array?

Dude, your home could have burned down or maybe even you (+ your family) could have died because of this 😳

:crazy: In my eyes...
if i was suggesting that the person buy it, i would not have added the last sentence ref the plug getting HOT.. and burning the 3 way plug . and the 3 way which the fixture was plugged into was smoking... is the fce8000 a shitty fixture and the cause??? i dunno... that would be my guess...BUT... on another thread someone suggested it mite have been a shitty 3way... again i dunno, but the 3 way is a HEAVY duty one.... mars supposedly are sending me a new wire/plug... if i decide to try the fce8000 again, for sure i will keep it under a watchful eye...

and yes my thought was, if i didn't walk by the tent at that moment, and smell something burning, it could have been a MAJOR hiccup...

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Latest posts