• Grow Lab

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Hydro Hut

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Home box

Votes: 32 17.1%

• Total voters

BCNeil

I'm guessing that is a typo on your third word. The SunHut must have rusted the frame together? That would be an advantage of plastic corners.

Yes a typo, meant now.

The sunhut wasn't rust. It was the fabric itself, after a couple years. We just could not un-assemble it. We couldnt get any stretch in the material to pull over the frame. Eventually we had to cut it apart with a knife, to get it down.

The secret Jardin's frame isnt so tight, I have been able to take it down and re assemble on my own

tacotacoburrito

I like my Hydrohut silver edition a lot, way better than the no name cninese ones I threw away (one was poisonous).

It has tons of vents (finally, more than I need), thicker canvas, better design on vents, etc, way better than the others I tried. Never tried SJ.

And the size is better for me too. My old 4x4 was 4x4x6.5, this one is 4.5x4.5x7.

I also got a 4x8 Ebay tent for 185, its been kicking for 2 years now with 2 blockbusters and a 8" inline hanging from the middle, and a 4" inline with 6x24 carbon filter hanging on one end. Yes, the poles are not as high quality as the "name brands", but the zippers, flaps, and vent holes are all high quality as far as I can tell. No pin hole leaks, and a few tiny leaks from around the seams...nothing I haven't seen from the big name tents. For $185 I could buy 2 or three of these for one name brand of same size, I'm sticking with these!

sHaDyMiLkMaN

I have a SJ DR60 and a SJ DR90II and couldn't be happier with them. I have been using the DR60 for over two years and love it. Great quality construction, easy plant and equipment access and appropriately sized vent/equipment ports. They also "chain" together nicely.

ExtremusMaximus

I just assembled my Secret Jardin DR150W and could not be more pleased with every aspect of it - especially since I was able to get it at 1/2 price. This particular size/model was discontinued and I think this 60" x 32" x 79" tent will allow me to develop a very nice SoG this summer. It has two 6" vents (high and low) on each side and top, a stainless screened window on the rear and sides that feature 100% Velcro sealing and 'latch' to hold them open.

It also has power/tubing inlet/outlets and each opening has both inner and outer sleeves to complement the zipper's overlapping flaps. The zippered door even has a 'hold open' Velcro fastener to keep it out of the way. The interior is a tough reflective Mylar-looking fabric.

As an engineer, I could not find fault anywhere.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
dr90 for one year now.

i love it. durable and light tight.

i zip and unzip sometimes three times a day...every day and have had no snags, or issues at all

oneshot

I hate my Lighthouse Hydro tent. It sucks major ass. Pinholes everywhere in the tent. The flaps aren't very secure covering the zippers. The bars also seem pretty weak.

SensiBC

My Hydrohut Deluxe Silver edition has a lot of great features. Unfortunately the zippers aren't one of them as 2 of them are now broken and won't zip/unzip.

They're a great company with great customer service though (as I found after they replaced my poisonous white lined models back in the day), so I might shoot them an email and see if they can help me out now that I've been forced to break down and call it quits for a while.

SensiBC

My Hydrohut Deluxe Silver edition has a lot of great features. Unfortunately the zippers aren't one of them as 2 of them are now broken and won't zip/unzip.

They're a great company with great customer service though (as I found after they replaced my poisonous white lined models back in the day), so I might shoot them an email and see if they can help me out now that I've been forced to break down and call it quits for a while.

Just emailed them... they replied with a link to a zipper repair kit and advised me to purchase it.

Seems like a reasonable fix, if anyone needs one:

flipanzip dotcom

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
I love my secret jardin 4x4 (dr120) its one of newer ones and it kicks ass

No pinholes only slightly around zippers. That was with a 1k I couldn't see the pinholes with the 600.. for a 175 it was great. Take down was easy buts there's no fuckin way its going back in the same box lol. I ended up getting frustrated and rolling it up in a ball lmao.

Only complaints were pinholes. Suction of tent under pressure. I was always afraid of my hood falling. And zippers were IF'Y towards the end of a year.

Overall id buy it again it served its purpose and did it without a fuss and now her future plans will be a veg tent. :) good day

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
I've talked to a couple of friends that run different grow stores and both say that the Intense line are nice but in no way are worth paying almost three times the amount of a regular SJ Darkroom. My DR has done me well for the past few years and is now being replaced with a bigger one. No complaints on the SJ Darkrooms here.
The plastic on the Growlabs is actually a very nice feature if you keep display bonsai or any other valuable display plants that require higher humidity to thrive.

Peace,
kF

datruth

fuck hydrohut. the replacement material they sent me was also bad. i refuse to ever buy one again. but i do have a new car cover for my convertable

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
If you know someone with a few power tools, building your own room is insanely easy. So cheap, and so much more durable than a tent(if you do it right ;)). Just food for thought yall :D.

SensiBC

If you know someone with a few power tools, building your own room is insanely easy. So cheap, and so much more durable than a tent(if you do it right ;)). Just food for thought yall :D.

Which is great... until your landlord gives you 24 hours notice of an inspection.

A tent based room can be broken down and packed away in no time at all, and since everything is contained within the tent, the potential for damage to the room which contains the tent is minimized. No real need to rip out existing carpeting, less worry about ruining hardwood or laminate flooring, potentially fewer holes in the walls/floors/ceilings from ducting, light anchors, etc.

If you're growing in a rental or within the living space of your home and you care at all about damaging the place, tents very well may be the way to go.

Different strokes for different folks though, I guess.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
That is also true :p. I was just speaking in terms of the cash.

If I had to recommend a tent though I'd go with the Secret Jardins. Don't waste your money on the intense line shit. The DRs are amazing! I've never really heard a major complaint from anyone :tiphat:.

I have used the Darkroom DR300W (5'x10') as well as the GrowLab GL290 (10x10).

At first glance, the GrowLab seemed better thought out with some of the zipper flaps and what not. Once it was actually set up, it was apparent that quality was lacking compared to the Secret Jardin. First off, the zippers have flaps over them on two sides of the tent which do a great job of preventing light leaks. What about the other two side though? No flaps over the zippers. If the tent is in a room with any ambient light, it shines right through them. The quality of the zippers is worse then the SJ as well, they constantly snag.

The material is thinner on the GrowLab as well.

Also they only have single boots for the ducting inlets and outlets as opposed to the SJ with double boots. Any boot on the GL without ducting running through it leaks light through the center.

Next time I will spend the extra money on the SJ or the HydroHut.

GrowLab = crap.

urbanfog

Just started using a "Gromedics" 8x4x7.5 and it is awesome compared to my previous 4x4. Great stitching, lots of double wall vent options and metal corners