What's new

Best formula for Fox Farms Ocean Forest? What do you use??

mdk ktm

im using floranova bloom with floralicious plus and liquid kool bloom, and it is working great. i used fox farm stuff my very first grow, and the shit ended up sort of tasting like beasters.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^really? what strains were you running. My OG kush responded really well to the FFOF and fox farm line, but some purples i ran did come out a little bland, lots of frost though. i think purps are more suited to hydroponic setups.

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
Just add water

Just add water

Here's an Ocean forest recipe I have awesome had results with recently:

Ocean forest
EWC/Compost/Perlite
1/2 tbs/gal blood meal
1/2 tbs/ gal bone meal
1 tbs dolomite lime
1 tbs epsoma bio tone or happy frog 5-5-5
1 tbs/gal kelp meal
1tbs/galgreensand
1tbs/gal soft rock phosphate

mix it up, let it cook for a week and ready to rip! One might eventually want to topdress or add a tea.

mdk ktm

i grew top 44 from nirvana and TNR from kc brains. Not nearly the quality of the strains you have access to.. They could have just been tasteless strains im not sure. You could try a side by side comparison and see if it makes a difference on your killer strains.

Doobie Nyce

upsetting the setup
ICMag Donor
FFOF seedling mix-
1 part perl/verm mix
3 parts ffof
1 tsp/gal bone meal

put 1 tsp organic all purpose fert. on floor of 4" container or 16oz beer cup. Fill with above mix!! Water in with bottled spring water or high ph/ppm tap water.

PEACE!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
hey ive been using big bloom and my plants seem kinda starved for nitrogen, i just realized i dont have any good veg nutes....what can i use to boost up that N?

m also gonna stick with the FFOF, mix it with light warrior, and run the FFs recomended recipe. The FFOF by itself seems to get kinda hard and caked, i planted a few in it they are looking good check my sig for IKEA grow closet link.

im sure you guys have dialed in your recipes with other brands.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i grew top 44 from nirvana and TNR from kc brains. Not nearly the quality of the strains you have access to.. They could have just been tasteless strains im not sure. You could try a side by side comparison and see if it makes a difference on your killer strains.

yea we ran a side by side...my roomate used ednas best potting soil and a bat guano mix, his stuff came out with nice smell but very bad look, plnast were almost all yellow with purple stems.

my OGK came out fire under the FFOF with tiger bloom recipe, nice dense lemony nugs with green fan leaves no sign of deficiencies.

then i ran the GDP with the same formula and they came out airy and lacking in smell, but good frost. but there are other reasons that oculd have happened, we were using a 150w so probably low wattage.

the gnome

Veteran
FFOF seems to be too dense and heavy straight out of the bag and needs perlite to lighten it up or the light warrior sounds like a good one.
my 1st experience with it I burned up some seedlings using it strait a few months ago.
some plants seem to love it and others find it too hot right out of the bag so yeah,
strain dependent

for sprouting I've now tried using a 50-50 mix of OF and perlite.
very light and airy and they seedlings seem to love it now.
its got good PH right out of the bag but I like to add a tbs of powdered dolomite to counter any ph altering nutes/water.

FFOF is great stuff, I think it a great starting base to build on.
Im gonna try adding some blood and bone meal
I think it will kick ass even better

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Y2P215 a quick easy way to get some N to your girls is, and this is serious, add 2 tsp URINE to 1 gallon water and feed. Yeah it's nasty but it will work if you have nothing else to give them. Make sure you drink a bunch of water first so it's not too concentrated, you want that clear to light yellow piss not that dark "haven't pissed in four hours" pee. Or you could get some MG from the store, Wal Mart or Target have plenty of that

kstampy

Just be sure to wash your hands :)

Took a read through this thread to get more info on my happy frog soil, thanks for everyone's input.