What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best current strain for creativity/focus

St. Phatty

Blue dream is for me. It's the most uplifting high I've found! I really enjoy it during the day. Gets me on track and motivated

I had some Blue Dream laying around.

Grew it, bagged it, forgot about it.

And it was from a batch where I ended up with spider mites.

But DAMN it was good !

I had some Blue Dream laying around.

Grew it, bagged it, forgot about it.

And it was from a batch where I ended up with spider mites.

But DAMN it was good !

I know my bias against blue dream make it come off like it's crap. Its not it's strong great flavors etc. But actual weed that is great for focus while subjective there are phenos where the vast majority will agree and it sets the bar.

Think of it as only ever being exposed to chocolate from the market or things like Hersheys and mars brand chocolate then Lindt chocolate and godiva seem like the pinnacle. That's untill you try actual European truffles and ganaches. Then you realize what was the pinnacle of chocolate is crap it's just you were ignorant and had no frame of reference. Not that it's ones fault just didn't know what was out there.

For example the clearest weed I found was also heart racing and I could hear it in my ears like the beat of a drum pounding. I had never been so aware but i couldnt control it and it promote me to run a few miles right then and there when the plan was to watch something and pass out. Some thing like that has potential but in my opinion needed to be mixed with another strain to ground it more. If apollo 11 is a 10 on clarity this stuff was like 14 but it has such an overwhelming adrenaline rush. on that scale blue dream is like a 5.

Last edited:

bestothebest

For example the clearest weed I found was also heart racing and I could hear it in my ears like the beat of a drum pounding. I had never been so aware but i couldnt control it and it promote me to run a few miles right then and there when the plan was to watch something and pass out. Some thing like that has potential but in my opinion needed to be mixed with another strain to ground it more. If apollo 11 is a 10 on clarity this stuff was like 14 but it has such an overwhelming adrenaline rush. on that scale blue dream is like a 5.

What strain was this?

No idea. It had pinneaple flavors and a distinct spiciness. Each calyx was spaced like 1/10 of an inch from each other and they were like long slender diamonds. The guys I got it from accidentky put some in my bag by mistake and were hoarding the rest. It wasnt c99 that much i know. When they found out I got some one guy got angry at his friend because it's his head stash and didn't yield well. That's all I know. It was about 15 years ago now.

I don't have enough experience with sativas to know where it ranks in that world but now I know what's possible. It was pure electricity.

bestothebest

Sounds like something i'm trying to make, a real pineapple express. C99 female x Trainwreck ogee male(trainwreck clone x fruity pebbles og f2). C99 for pineapple and Trainwreck ogee for spiciness/less dominant tastes

BOTB

I'm pretty sure what they had was something outside of the ecsd, tw, c99, gc, Jack hybrid spectrum all together.

The nugs weren't even nugs they were like a bunch of calyxs connected to the stem. Like I could count them individually.

Your going to have to think out side the dispensary clone market bubble to find the focus weed man. There are just other issues like it might have longer flowering time or not have as much smell or bag appeal or yield poorly... etc.

The sage I had was probably the best that had nugs with dispensary level bag appeal. Even keeled and clear mood elevated anxiety melter.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never tried the joeyweed a11 but I tried the super clear lemony genius pheno was your like that?

But how would you compare the shhxc99?

I ask because bros grim currently offer a genius x (shhxc99) as apollo haze. That one seems really promising.

There it supposedly a "focus weed" pheno in chimeras Hawaiian spice that is kind of rare that should pop up if you get a few packs but I never tried it. Chimera didn't out right say anything about the focus weed pheno directly though. He said the pheno that matches the terp profile came up in 2 of 22 individuals tested. 22 tested out of how many seeds popped though? So it's not clear how rare it is it might be 1 in 100 so who knows. He's revealed information in the past that leads one to fill in the blanks and draw conclusions so it very well might be 1/100. Like he named a strain "Frank's incense haze" said he got the seeds from new York etc. Then members went crazy about it being 'frankies' and piff blah blah then it turned out not to even have incense phenos according to user reviews. Although they seem to have come up in other crosses using that mother there is no consensus that he used the famed 'frankies' at all. So the ' vs the ie in frank-s caused a lot of controversy so while there is no knowing if he outright lies he has introduced ambiguity and watched as people fill in the blanks, or should I say banks, before. I believe there's phenos in there that have that focus but its a roll of the dice in my opinion if you will find them.

Aces Congo has the most feedback that it has those properties and is easy to find in the seeds. So it is probably the safest bet to find those qualities in an indoor grower friendly plant. It has also been bred to the f4 so it's pretty stable and has a lot of work put into it.

No experience w Genius so can't really compare.

That Apollo Haze sounds like a real winner. The genes say head in the clouds for sure.

As far as the SSH X C99 goes, I really wish that cut was still around. It was a lot more potent than the JW-A11 was. Not quite as clear headed but the gears definitely spun at a fast rate. No sleeping on that stuff. I called it tweaker weed to a friend & they asked "WTF is that?"...

Cantbuymeloveuh

Awesome responses.. Heres what I have in stock in terms of Sativa dominant beans
1.Cali connection: blue dream haze..grown this and its super tasty but real "cloudy" like a previous poster said.
2. Cali connection: California dreamin...this is suppose to be the oldsog ssh cut x sfv og
3. Brothers grimm c99..new release
4. Brothers grimm a13..new release
5. Brothers grimm appolo haze..new release
6. Brothers grimm Apollo XX.. new release, Genuis x c99
7. Canuk seeds. Super lemon haze, fem...heard nothing but horror stories about these guys

I can only do 2 plants twice a year, due to many reasons. I think this fall I will start with Apollo XX and cali connection, California dreamin.

Koondense

Veteran
One I found very special in terms of focus and heady-ness was Tropical Seeds - Cognition.
Sadly it's out of stock but can be still found in few online seed shops.

gorilla ganja

No experience w Genius so can't really compare.

That Apollo Haze sounds like a real winner. The genes say head in the clouds for sure.

As far as the SSH X C99 goes, I really wish that cut was still around. It was a lot more potent than the JW-A11 was. Not quite as clear headed but the gears definitely spun at a fast rate. No sleeping on that stuff. I called it tweaker weed to a friend & they asked "WTF is that?"...

Beanhoarder has C99xSSH might be something in there like you had.

Peace GG

Brothers grimm apollo haze: genuis female x c99/ssh

Maybe this should be on the top of my list?

The thing about apollo haze is it's not yet reviewed and not all phenos of apollo 11 were smart weed.

The most well reviewed of current offerings is ace seeds 'congo.' But apollo haze is highly likely to have what you seek. There are other breeders also but I consider the old apollo 11 the standard that sets the bar. That said there is much better than apollo 11 in lines that incorpate old school landraces. The clear headed was not the trait bred for in most more common modern sativa hybrids.

For example I wouldn't be surprised if that Hawaiian spice focus pheno in chimeras line blows apollo 11 out of the water in terms of clarity and focus it's just not clear how often it appears as it's been described as a rare pheno.

Personally I would start with ace Congo then try different strains. It's tried and true from a breeder that specializes in creating modern hybrids from landrace materials and it's his pick for those traits.

The benefits of Congo are it's an f4 so it's pretty stable and flowers in 8-10 weeks so that way you can use it to breed to longer flowering strains that are known to be clear that might take 14-20 weeks to flower and perhaps improve your focus/creativity strain.

Last edited:

Samuel Caldwell

+1 on Ace genetics. Lots of sativa and sat hybrids to choose from. I've got some Congo fems in the fridge that I'll be running next. I decided to go with Tikal fems this round.

The Ace forum is super active and dubi chimes in regularly with comments and suggestions. Highly recommended.

Tikal left and center, KaliChina right

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
As the title states.. I got ahold if
Some SSH last year and was blown away by the focus and creativity that came with it.

Best I have come across was Shiva Skunk. Insane focus and creativity, particularly for writing but anything conceptual really. Great big ideas just flowing through you so fast you barely have time to take notes and connect the dots. I thought Brainstorm would've been a better name for it.

Kali Mist is a great companion strain for the follow-up of actually DOING and creating. It helps creativity too but its more kinetic and social, perfect for executing ideas and improvising to make it work.