What's new

best coco additives

felderosa

greyskull i thought i could get away with not ph'ing my tap water but i started to get some odd brown spots and edge browning and now that im letting the water sit overnight before adding nutes and ph'ing, new growth looks good and no new brownness other than some old fan leaves on the bottom.

i think i read somewhere that it is preferable to pH adjust before adding nutes, is this correct? right now, my procedure is:

fill a gallon bottle
let sit overnight with the top covered but not sealed
add tiger bloom, then big bloom
add open sesame (they just started flowering)
add under half a teaspoon of pH down
check pH

i am using a chemical pH test kit and it comes out on the dark side of 6 every time.

is this correct or should i be pH adjusting before i add the nutes or does it matter?

felderosa

ah ok-- so im being recommended to use bloom nutrients, but should i be using something like flora nova bloom and/or big bud at the same time as the fox farm dry soluble nutrients?

greenatik

i've never heard of fox farm being used with coco...those are soil nutes... FNB is a great base nute, meaning it should be used every watering. Big Bud is a p/k boost that is used in conjunction with the base nute and only for the last 2-3 weeks of flowering

felderosa

foxfarm mentions coco in its feeding schedule here:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...7RAenRBhj3Hj7XTbA&sig2=v8JivREonoielRhW0ABPEQ

"Use FoxFarm Big Bloom™ in conjunction with other FoxFarm nutrients to relieve plant stress, unlock unwanted salt bonds and allow for increased nutritional flow. Note: In Coco this process is especially helpful, as Coco has a tendency to retain mineral salt build-up."

[edit: given that feeding schedule, should i still use a pk booster like big bud?]

felderosa

I've done all the Canna cept Boost and I like'em and would recommend them as well. Especially the PK13/14, cannazyme and rhizotonic. In the H&G line I would recommend the shooting powder and roots excellurator.

cooool, i like canna a lot, they seem to have a sweet coco treatment/buffering process that actually takes our needs into consideration rather than just packaging up coco industry waste and selling it off. i think next time i will try one of their slab options with the whole line.

so it seems like everyone is a fan of the mycorrhizae. has anyone tried anything like plantacillin from future harvest development?

found here: plantacillin

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
house and garden root excell KILLS canna rhizzotonic. ( they are used differently. root excel first 5 weeks.. rhizzo throughout) root excel has double the Nitrogen
both lines of nutes seem really good tho.
cannazyme, and definitely calmag
H and G shooting powder!

Latest posts

Latest posts