What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best cleanest highest quality nutes

Old Uncle Ben

Hey UB, don't know whether you have seen any of my how to get cannabis to do what you want it to thread but I'm going to post something in a couple of days and I want to make sure you understand where I'm coming from and that I don't inadvertently disrespect/piss you off.

I know your feelings on topping cannabis plants and the million plus views on that other forum we don't talk about around here ;) proves it's usefulness and popularity. I used to do it too, in addition to trying fimming, SOG, ScrOG, and all the rest of that shit we used to debate pH and NPKay about.:LOL:

I've just found what I think is a better approach, for _me_. And I'm not any smarter or better than anyone else, so I know other people can do it too. So I'm going to be talking about the things I do, in my normal acerbic, combative, and facetious way. :cool:

I'm going to be describing topping cannabis plants and will be using phrasing similar to this:

"I don't top, fim, super crop, lst, or do anything else unnatural to the cannabis plant. That includes bondage, discipline, humiliation, ball gags, or even spankies. I don't even talk dirty to them, for fuck sake!"

I just didn't want you to randomly read a sentence like this and take offense or think I'm disrespecting your method, because I'm not. ✌️

Sorry to jack the thread, but I don't do direct messages, instant messages, whatever the fuck you all use these days when people talk behind other people's backs, on a public forum.

UB, you think I used enough of those emoticons on this? :p

Judge to Mickey Mouse: "I hear you're divorcing Minnie on the grounds she's crazy?"

Mickey: "I didn't say she was crazy, I said she was fuckin Goofy!"

1713394458800.png

Everyone gets some in their own way. It's all good..... :)

UB

Ca++

Regarding purity, it's in a plastic bottle. The plants are usually in plastic containers. Hoses pvc. Many metals increase in recirculating systems. Feeds are sometimes formulated to not include some elements, as it's proven the plastic in their system provides them.

We have a pinned topic about a hose killing plants. There was once one about the paint on tent poles. These were obvious problems, from unexpected items. The problems we can't observe, we often won't know about. Never drink from a garden hose, or grow with one, unless you are reading it's instructions, and know why.

It's good to see people finding clean feeds, but it's far from the whole story.

CharlesU Farley

I've been using Peters 20/20/20 for so long, I can tell by the tint of blue what the strength is. When I have to water specific, individual plants for an immediate response, the color of the solution becomes invaluable.

These are all clones from different plants, so they have different needs, so they require varying concentrations at this young stage, since I just transplanted them into fabric containers. Look at the two plants in the upper right:

PXL_20240420_152933001.jpg

If I give them the same concentration, one's going to get the shit burnt out of it and the other is going to come back to normal color. With Peter's I can adjust the concentration for an _immediate_ reaction.

And bringing this back around OT, Peter's is the only fertilizer I use because it's so _pure_, and I ain't talking that touchy feely Millennial organic bullshit, but actual chemical contents. ;)

Old Uncle Ben

I've been using Peters 20/20/20 for so long, I can tell by the tint of blue what the strength is. When I have to water specific, individual plants for an immediate response, the color of the solution becomes invaluable.

These are all clones from different plants, so they have different needs, so they require varying concentrations at this young stage, since I just transplanted them into fabric containers. Look at the two plants in the upper right:

View attachment 18992168

If I give them the same concentration, one's going to get the shit burnt out of it and the other is going to come back to normal color. With Peter's I can adjust the concentration for an _immediate_ reaction.

And bringing this back around OT, Peter's is the only fertilizer I use because it's so _pure_, and I ain't talking that touchy feely Millennial organic bullshit, but actual chemical contents. ;)

Very interesting. You can tell which ones need more N and which don't.

As seasoned growers who understand (I think) what the look of a leaf means, we have learned to read our plants. Too often they speak in a foreign language, eh. :p

Old Uncle Ben

Yep, cannabis is a "gatherer".

If you haven't tried Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro, you need to. Another ultra clean miracle food no matter what you use it on. Does great on cannabis especially soil-less cause it's so complete but other stuff too. Girlfriend grows orchids, never had much luck with them until I recommend she feed with Foliage-Pro. Now they are really fine looking with dark green leaves over leaves and in bloom with multiple spikes. Same with my pineapples. I've got 3 I started from tops last years and they're all in bloom, big 3' wide plants. Sugar sweet cause I let them go gold on the plant. I feed them by applying enough mixed solution in the cups for a good runoff into the pot. At 1/2 tsp/gallon, pint goes a long way.

PineapplesJuly31#2.jpg Pineapple#2July30.jpg