What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best cleanest highest quality nutes

Ca++

Wow, megacrop europe, actually have stock. That must be the first time, in years of looking for the smaller sizes.
That and the dust problem hold me back. Though it's so cheap, It's almost rude to not have a go.

Canna seems a lot like Plagron. Side by side, the coco feeds almost match. With just a few percent difference in the K. Statistically nothing.

CocoNut 420

Wow, megacrop europe, actually have stock. That must be the first time, in years of looking for the smaller sizes.
That and the dust problem hold me back. Though it's so cheap, It's almost rude to not have a go.

Canna seems a lot like Plagron. Side by side, the coco feeds almost match. With just a few percent difference in the K. Statistically nothing.
The dust yeah it's pretty dusty but it's easy fixed.

I made up 3ltr of stock solution, I let it settle for 24hrs then siphoned the top off.

100g to 1ltr water for stock solution.
And 10ml stock solution per ltr = 1.0ec ±

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Thanks man! Sorry for hijacking the thread too.

So we pay in bucks and it comes from a UK warehouse? Sounds legit! :good: :biglaugh:

It's on the amazon place for £18.

How many plants does a 1.3kg bag do through their life? Does coir get salty with it, need lots of runoff or not much?

Cheers.

CocoNut 420

Thanks man! Sorry for hijacking the thread too.

So we pay in bucks and it comes from a UK warehouse? Sounds legit! :good: :biglaugh:

It's on the amazon place for £18.

How many plants does a 1.3kg bag do through their life? Does coir get salty with it, need lots of runoff or not much?

Cheers.
Just treat it like any regular nutrient, the right amount of run off is always important.

How much?
It depends on the size of the plant, lighting, how warm the environment and humid the environment is etc.

For comparison, canna 2500ltr for £60
Megacrop 1000ltr for £18 Or £9/10 promo.

Ca++

The dust yeah it's pretty dusty but it's easy fixed.

I made up 3ltr of stock solution, I let it settle for 24hrs then siphoned the top off.

100g to 1ltr water for stock solution.
And 10ml stock solution per ltr = 1.0ec ±
That's a problem for me, though it may not be a real one.
That dust as included when the feed was formulated and presumably checked by a lab. Now it's not included, and I don't know what it is.

We do pay more for these small bags. The value comes in 25kg sacks. Reading the 2500L canna is £60, and this is 1000L for £18, I feel the extra 20% spent on Canna, to be small change. I need to see a good saving, to let go of my single part Ionic.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

In response to the OP, yes I use Canna A+B and their coco.

It suits my soft water and I have no issues with it. In an old house I had to use Dutch Pro as I had hard water. But they're all much of a muchness. I've tried H&G too. No complaints. (I currently use plagron in soil but will be back in coir next run and Canna A+B)

I suppose I'd find a feed that suits your tap water and is easy to get hold of.

CocoNut 420

That's a problem for me, though it may not be a real one.
That dust as included when the feed was formulated and presumably checked by a lab. Now it's not included, and I don't know what it is.

We do pay more for these small bags. The value comes in 25kg sacks. Reading the 2500L canna is £60, and this is 1000L for £18, I feel the extra 20% spent on Canna, to be small change. I need to see a good saving, to let go of my single part Ionic.
I don't disagree with what you're saying I've the same concerns about what's left behind.

To test it I've been feeding 3 vegging plants with it to see how they go, it's not been long enough to comment they look the same.

I've also considered the price, it's fine at £10 but idk about buying more at £18, it'll need to stand out from canna.

I'm also a fan of ionic i do like it but it's expensive per litre, I like one part nutrient due to ionic that's part of the reason I tried megacrop.

Jfc i compared 1.3kg of powder against 10ltr of canna.
Buying 5lt canna it's £45 for 1250lt compared to magacrop 1000lt £18.

CocoNut 420

be really carefull tryin to make stock concentrate of one part dry mix.there some ion that doesnt mix well in high concentration ,especially calcium mixed with phosphate and sulfate. You will end with a lot of precipitate.

keep the calcium seperate from the rest.
I hear what you're saying and I will keep an eye on it, fwiw i've used Hydrocrop a&b and Greenhouse 1 part dry nutrient both of them recommend a stock solution with a maximum of 150g per litre.

weedemart

for europe, masterblend is similar to jacks and this could be good for making stock concentrate at cheap price. you can easiliy dial your need with each parts. make sure you buy the 3 bags. 2520L for 36euro on amazon.

if you dillute enought you can mix epsom salt with the masterblend bag so it become a 2 part system.

CocoNut 420

for europe, masterblend is similar to jacks and this could be good for making stock concentrate at cheap price. you can easiliy dial your need with each parts. make sure you buy the 3 bags. 2520L for 36euro on amazon.

if you dillute enought you can mix epsom salt with the masterblend bag so it become a 2 part system.
Thank you, master blend is a option I'd consider, does it dissolve properly?

Edit...I looked at masterblend but it's €40 a kg (circa 14/1500ltr) at the price canna is better option for me.

I thought dry nutrient worked out much, much cheaper, it does but only in smaller amounts, like @Ca++ said its not worth the small savings.

That said its a opportunity to try other nutrients, who knows what the results might yeild.
20240225_005921.jpg

I've see this a couple of times in the colder months, this was another factor in trying other nutrient instead of just adding a splash of calmag lol, lessons learned.

Last edited:

Nannymouse

Trying out mega crop, and liking it a lot, so far. I only add one teaspoon to five gallons, but use it every watering. May need to add more, as the plants deplete grow medium. Works for spiderplants and other houseplants, peppers, tomatoes...just everything that i'm starting for the outdoor gardens. Smells so much better than fish ferts, ha.

I Care

In soil blend need nothing more than BioFlores and PK13/14 as directed and a little molasses until the second to last watering. You can ignore any issue you’re having so long as you’ve got the dry tropical environment dialed in. Maintain the schedule or flush with water if you’re worried about accumulation or PH.

You will be pleased and it is way too easy to grow some of the best weed you’ll ever puff. .

This is basically growing hydro, and you do need to have a way to water your plants to a good run off every feeding and keep that run off out of your environment or remove that run off afterward.

Edit, choose whatever cheap veg nutrient you choose and use it mildly. Also can just get a good potting soil and veg in that for a month before flower nutes.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Yep, that's a good one.

There is a huge difference in "nutes" for UK folks compared to choices here in the U.S. We Americans can choose quality, non cannabis foods and be done with it Peters, Dyna-Gro, Osmocote, Schultz. Lots to choose from without getting into the Advanced Snake Oils U.K. growers seem to be stuck with.
We really don't realize how lucky we have it here in the US as far as product selection, price, and ease/speed of delivery.

Don't laugh at me too much here but before I started using Peters, I would take the regular fertilizer I got at Lowe's for my vegetable garden, mix it with a whole bunch of water, shake it up to try to mix the contents, filter out the chunky, undissolved stuff with a colander, and then add that to the topsoil I dug up and transported to the house from the vegetable garden. :eek:

I quickly found Peters was a better solution.😂

Old Uncle Ben

We really don't realize how lucky we have it here in the US as far as product selection, price, and ease/speed of delivery.

Don't laugh at me too much here but before I started using Peters, I would take the regular fertilizer I got at Lowe's for my vegetable garden, mix it with a whole bunch of water, shake it up to try to mix the contents, filter out the chunky, undissolved stuff with a colander, and then add that to the topsoil I dug up and transported to the house from the vegetable garden. :eek:

I quickly found Peters was a better solution.😂
Happy to hear you gave up your abusive ways LOL. Comes with age, eh?

Latest posts

Latest posts