What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best camera for around ~100 dollars?

sizzurp

hey boys lookin at getting a camera to capture those great shots both up close and far away. what do you guys recommend thats around the price range of 100 dollars and pretty sleek lookin?

ty for your opinions

sizzurp

Siz I copied your question and Googled it and came up with a bunch of results. Here is one link: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Degital-Cameras-under-Dollar/lm/R1QOWTR6SZ3O1G
I am hearing peeps getting some great deals on eBay on used ones as well if you want to go that route. Good luck friend..DD

hey doobie, thanks for the input! i did the same thing and found a couple answers but i dunno which ones have teh capability for those up close macro shots. i guess what im asking is what specs should i be looking at or does anyone have any direct links to products they recommend?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Siz..there are so many variables, it really depends on what you are considering close up or macro. I shoot close up images but not many that I consider macro, but many others do. My input would be the really good macro images here at IC take much more than a $100 camera can produce, I have tons tied up in equipment and I still can't get good macros...there is lighting, tripods, lenses, that pixel thing LOL, and many more tech things to think about. So it is hard to recomend for you friend and I don't want to see you disapointed. I did some research for you and found these I'd recomend but all much more spendy.
Canon Powershot SD700IS
Olympus SP320
Sony DSC-H2
www.fredmiranda.com is a photography site that has reviews on digital cameras and lenses that may help you. Research, and lots of it, is how I do it when I'm buying a new lens or camera. DD

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Yeah I have to agree

I have well over a grand tied up into my camera and I can get really no closer than this. I thhink this makes for a good shot

picture.php

To get those all "up in the trics face" shots you need to spend a few grand

google search : DIY Cheap Macro, I found 2 Videos, and 6 different ways to make cheap lenses using male-male or tin cans.

edit : for less than 10 bucks

L

LolaGal

I got a killer deal on a Sony CyberShot DSC-H2 at a pawn shop for $140. It does great work. Even takes good movies. 6.0 MP of really good equipment.

I give it 8 stars on a 1-10 star rating!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
They both have Macro settings. At 10 MP I'd think they'd be serviceable. If Trich shots is all you want, consider the BioniCam. I have an intense love/hate relationship with it. I despise everything about it in use. Then I put it down, upload the shots and I'm madly in love.

It's pricing trampolines up and down. $30 or less, I heartily recommend it. MSRP of $80, probably not.

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

I got a killer deal on a Sony CyberShot DSC-H2 at a pawn shop for $140. It does great work. Even takes good movies. 6.0 MP of really good equipment.

I give it 8 stars on a 1-10 star rating!
I got a cyber shot too!!! I loveeeeee it!

Latest posts

Latest posts