What's new

Best/biggest Chiller around $1000?

Look at hydro innovations website. they have plans on how to build a manifold.

now your co2 gen is a unique piece of gear. It doesn't need a high flow, but it needs pressure. Impeller pumps can't provide the pressure needed. For this I would look at a diaphram pump. I'm not sure if they are rated for continous use though. you either have to get a seperate pump for it or a solenoid switch. Some will allow you to run the water through them 24/7 and your controller provides power to the ignition system, others have a flow switch and fire when the water is turned on. In this case the controller turns a water pump on and off.

I think a 1/2 hp would do you just fine unless you are running that co2 gen a lot. Keep in mind you are paying a premium for titanium. Using wort chiller coils in your rez negates the need for this. You may get more capacity going with a copper coiled unit. I built a .5 hp out of an air conditioner for 200 bucks. Probably cost 400 to have a pro build it out. I also use a 100 gallon toter from lowes. I usually keep it filled at 50 gallons. I also hang my pumps off of a bungee cord rather than let them sit at the bottom. Reduces vibration, and keeps the whole rez from emptying if there's a failure.

I have a 65 pint LG dehuey that I stuck a automotive heater core on the heated output. I needed to add a fan to it, but scrapped the idea when I went to open hood big AC.

In my situation with 4k open hood 18k ac. My AC keeps my humidity in check when the lights are on and the dehuey only comes on at night, depending on the outside air temps, the added heat is needed, even in the summer, the added heat just kicks the AC on and it takes care of the RH.

I am curently not using my chiller to cool my watercooled co2 or dehuey.

picture.php

Attachments

• dehuey.jpg
    dehuey.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3