What's new

Best 126w gen. for veg & shipping stealth?

LittleWhiteGod

I need a some additional veg lighting and think that I might pull the trigger on one of your 126’s. So far, I’m impressed with what I have seen on other forums in the past, and what is happening here now. I’ll be keeping a close eye on some of the journals that people have been posting lately. Who knows? Maybe I’ll be swayed enough to convert my flower room one day.

Would you recommend the 1st generation over the new spectrum 2nd generation for veg? The 1st generation, on paper, seems to have a better spectrum for veg. Do you even still have any of the demo units left?

I’ve looked and couldn’t find this so sorry if you have answered this in the past, but do you ship these lights stealthily? The great American green rush hasn’t hit my part of Oz yet so I need to do this covertly as possible. I would normally have stuff shipped to a safe address, but this time I think I might have to have it sent directly to me. I can’t have “Hydro lights” stamped all over the box or return address label.

Thanks for your time and congrats on your new start here at icmag.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I do have a few of the 1st generation USA panels left, although I thought they were all gone previously. The first generation panels used a warm white, which produces more of a red output with a small blue peak. They had 10% blue just like our second generation lights, so that didn't change. Our second generation uses cool white, which emits a primarily blue spectrum. Based on our rough calculations, the simple shift in the output of the white gives our lights the same, if not a little more blue now than they had previously. The additional red does help with extra growth and flowering as well. Ultimately though, it's your choice as the 1st gen panels worked very well.

All International orders are shipped direct from China. They come in plain brown boxes that may say "made in china" on the side. The customs declaration must contain our company name, which is Hydro Grow. Neither hydroponics or growing is illegal, as hydroponics is currently used commercially to provide many varieties of crops for supermarkets. I guess if you feel like your local UPS guy is "watching you" or something, there might be reason for caution, but otherwise I don't see where it would cause an issue.

LittleWhiteGod

i don't feel like i am being watched, but i am cautious when it comes to this as i have a lot to lose. i know that hydro and growing is not illegal, but i am not growing for a supermarket, so in actuality what i am doing is illegal where i am. i just am paranoid and watch little details that may raise anyone's eyebrow and make them curious about what i may be doing. look at my posts, this is my 9th post since april 2009! i've been around a lot longer, but had a name change last april - i'm just notoriously cautious. your product got me excited enough to come out of the woodwork though!

you said that all international orders are shipped directly from china. i'm in the states. does that information about customs and stuff still apply or is it shipped from your facilities in the states in that case?

again, thanks for your time.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Sorry LWG, I thought "The American green rush hasn't hit my part of Oz yet" meant Australia (the Aussies, or Ozzies). If you live in the US, all packages are shipped from our location and do not go through customs to get to you. My name is placed as the shipper, so there is nothing to identify the contents on the outside of the box. ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you could always mark them as an aquarium light - that would be believable - in fact i bet thay would make great reef aquarium lights!

LittleWhiteGod

sweet! That is good news. by "oz" i just meant my little place in the world... the southern part of the wrong coast! sucks out here. our laws are harsh where i am.

VG - not a bad idea if they HAD to print something on the box, but for me a blank box is perfect!

thanks again for the quick response and recommendation.