What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Berry Juice

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doh!!!
Forgot to update this thread.
Thanks for your interest 3rd. ;)

I think these 3 will be the best of the best of the best this year.
-best yields @ 4-6 1/2gal jars per plant.
-best frost production (beta)
-earliest pull, alpha done 9/14, beta done 9/29, gama done 10/12

The last pic posted above is bj x bm.

I tried looking at xekki pics but my phone connection sucks. Haven't seen many.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Thanks brother. Sounds like some serious fire. :) Now i notice that BJ X BMS up there. ha ha. I'm not always the most observant. Great to hear they were so productive. Have you sampled any yet? :)

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Although this is a BJ X BMS and not just BJ i thought you might like this.

Seedling at 36 days old. She looks great to me. :) What do you think of her structurally? Looks BMS leaning to me, but i don't know the lines that well.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice looking plant.

It looks a lot like the Blue Moonshine #1 mom. Blue Moonshine was the father in that cross, however. The leaf shape says "Blueberry line" IMO/E.

Are you going to use that stud?
If so, what are you going to hit w him?

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Nice looking plant.

It looks a lot like the Blue Moonshine #1 mom. Blue Moonshine was the father in that cross, however. The leaf shape says "Blueberry line" IMO/E.

Are you going to use that stud?
If so, what are you going to hit w him?

I was definitely thinking about having him father a few beans.
There are a few cultivars that i would like to cross him with. I've got one Blueberry Blast and one TH Haze keeper females that are likely candidates.

There are several other cultivars i have going where it would make sense to cross him with as well, but they are not finished getting tested yet. I've got some Purple Menace - a selection of DJS BB from GT, some Sourbubble Blueberry X California Purple Haze and Goji OG are all in line as potentials.

The resemblance to the BMS was very notable in my opinion as well. He has a Blue feel to him for sure.

Does any of this sound good or interesting to you? Not to mention you did this cross, so having your input seems like a good idea to me. :)

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I had a volunteer show up in a container MJP and i thought it might be a Berry Juice X BMS

the look made me think of your work, but there is no way for me to know for sure. Hope your projects for this year are coming along. :)

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Two Berry Juice (alpha) germinated and healthy. One has a red/magenta stem Have you noted any phenotypes like that? Happy to be running these. Bless

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Here they are. Same container for now. After transplant cuttings will be taken for further growth and evaluation. The taller of the two has a nice stem rub smell already and both are showing good growth despite the more dense root zone.
Berry Juice (alpha pheno)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My buddy grew a couple of those Alphas in his gh & they were so close to the CO Juicy Fruit cut in smell that idk if I could tell them apart.
Those were the first of the Alphas I've seen & neither had the red/magenta striping.

Those youngins are looking good from this arm chair.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
My buddy grew a couple of those Alphas in his gh & they were so close to the CO Juicy Fruit cut in smell that idk if I could tell them apart.
Those were the first of the Alphas I've seen & neither had the red/magenta striping.

Those youngins are looking good from this arm chair.

thanks MJP :) We are delighted to give them a chance. The taller of the two has some striping but it is not obvious from this picture.

If these turn out like that Juicy Fruit but with a lil extra that sounds great. :). Going to start more but not till spring i think.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good from here.

Are you planning on separating the plants at some point? I'm just curious.

Doing well here.
Thank you.

And thank you for showing these off too.
It's much appreciated.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Looking good from here.

Are you planning on separating the plants at some point? I'm just curious.

Doing well here.
Thank you.

And thank you for showing these off too.
It's much appreciated.

yes they will be separated once cuttings are rooted. I have been doing two seeds per container recently. Since there is a 50% gender separation on average. Thanks for allowing the chance. Once they are apart it'll be easier to differentiate.

420empire

Veteran
Looking really good MJ and 3rdEye. ! Let´s get some more info on the Berry Juice MJ. Do u have any plans on releasing som of the berry juice, or is it just for personel breeding. I have some of your Bluemoonshine, looking forward to pop those in the future.

Take care.

420E

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strictly personal at this point.

I would like to back cross to the Juicy Fruit clone but I'd have to get it back.
Until then I'll explore these F2s & possibly continue then to F3,4,5,etc,etc,etc...

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Still going here! I'll have a few more plants to show as well. Maybe 5 more females.

Berry Juice (lost note on which phenotype) at day 43 flowering. Creamy, menthol, mango, celery, and mint.

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn... That looks gorgeous 3rd.
:tiphat:

How much longer do you think she'll go?
She looks near finished. If so, that's fast as funk!