What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bench - Pressed For Space grow

B

bench warmer

Meanwhile, a recent flushing of all these flowering plants has resulted in a last ditch effort to pack on more flowers.
The 3WayDawg is especially vigorously shooting out new pistles.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah man, I aint afraid of any mutants... I clone them and run them, sometimes they grow out of it and sometimes they can produce some special buds.

B

bench warmer

yeah man, I aint afraid of any mutants... I clone them and run them, sometimes they grow out of it and sometimes they can produce some special buds.

Like "short bus & helmet" special? :laughing:
But seriously, I hear ya. This unique plant will be holding much of my attention as the weeks & months go by.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
like "window licking special" brother... "the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!"

B

bench warmer

They just keep getting FATTER! Nice run, bro. What are you feeding those things?

Thanks to you getting these genetics through to me, MP. :respect:

They vegged with Earth Juice 5-part but my last harvest's yield was a disappointment, so I've ditched the EJ for now and changed nutes for this crop's flower cycle.

They've received experimental amounts of Advanced Nutrients' 3 parts & Big Bud, followed by a dose of GH Koolbloom a couple weeks later. Then, back to the 3 parts + Liquid Karma, Grozyme, Sweet, CalMag & an occasional tiny shot of Topmax. There's a bunch of AN's Tarantula, Piranha & GH's SubCulture in the medium too fwiw.

This recent bout of swelling occurred soon after their roots were flushed with massive amounts of pH'd water.

Could it be they are simply using up nutes that were locked into the coco? :dunno: I like what's happening, whatever the cause. :D

I think I will only give them water from here on in.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, possibly the water free'd up the root zone allowing the absorption of more nutes (where prior to flushing, they may have been locked out) causing the subsequent explosion in bud growth... maybe you should have been flushing like that regularly throughout the whole growth cycle....

but what do I know... thats just me thinking.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran

I agree 100% some of my best plants have been mutants. Seems like the more you get to know them the better they perform. Outstanding thread thanks guys.

T~P

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That 3-way looks incredibly chunky! :respect:

I'd go real easy nutrient wise on that mutant...

dank.Frank

B

bench warmer

yeah, possibly the water free'd up the root zone allowing the absorption of more nutes (where prior to flushing, they may have been locked out) causing the subsequent explosion in bud growth... maybe you should have been flushing like that regularly throughout the whole growth cycle....

but what do I know... thats just me thinking.

You're totally on point Infin. :yes:
The noob in me has often been too heavy on the nutes.
Flushing really would have been a good idea earlier I guess.
Luckily, the plants look like they'll manage even without the missed flushing opportunities.
As long as they are not getting any more nutes between now and harvest, they have a fighting chance of being a smooth smoke (hopefully).

I agree 100% some of my best plants have been mutants. Seems like the more you get to know them the better they perform. Outstanding thread thanks guys.

T~P

Welcome T~P. Thanks for bringing in your positive vibe. :tiphat:

That 3-way looks incredibly chunky!

I'd go real easy nutrient wise on that mutant...

dank.Frank

Yeah d.F, MeltingPOT's got game.

I often find myself lurking his threads like a genetics cyber-stalker. :biglaugh:

This mutant's getting little more than H2O served up with kid gloves. She might turn out "normal" eventually.

Even if it has a vicious, sharp-tooth alien or a wish granting genie pop out of it, no amount of mutation can keep me from seeing her through the best I can. ;)

B

bench warmer

2 Karma Genetics' Ghostrider OG V2.0... Revegging nicely.
Clone-o-rama coming soon.
picture.php

picture.php

B

bench warmer

Thanks brother. :tiphat:

These genetics are gems. The 3-Way is the stinker of this lot.

If I turn off the filter for a short time it's always the Dawg that reaches the nose first.

She smells of pine scented cleaner mixed with cedar wood sap.

Got a feeling she'll be mopping the floor with me then hitting me in the forehead with a cedar plank. LOL!

B

bench warmer

It's chopping time so here's one last round of pics.. mite damage and all.

3-Way Dawg
picture.php

Grom BX1
picture.php

Venus
picture.php

Tropical Tooth (Hawaiian Snow x Sweet Tooth #4)
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3-way made some fat chunky crowns for sure. Sucks about the mites. Hope you get that under control before the next set of ladies goes in!! Got them down just in time for some fresh holiday smoke... :woohoo:

dank.Frank

B

bench warmer

Yup, this would've been my favorite run except for the surprise infestation.

The bloom tent is already starting to get wiped down with a dilute bleach/water solution.

I'm concerned that the mites will continue to thrive on the hanging buds.

Would you have a recommendation re. how I could cut, manicure & dry these matured plants within my bloom tent (which is immediately adjacent to the veg tent) while reducing an infestation in the veg tent?

Yesterday, all vegging plants were:

sprayed in the shower
dunked in Bug-B-Gone
Given minimal cfl lighting to avoid screwing up their light cycle

3 days later I will bomb the veg tent

I'll bomb the veg tent another 3 days after the first bomb.

About a week later i want to give them a treatment to protect against pm, since there are so many different strains involved & I don't have experience growing most of them.

Advice is always appreciated. :tiphat:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't know how you would go about keeping the mites out of the veg room... or how have done it thus far... but...

you could read this thread and treat your plants in your veg tent in this fashion and it should clear up any infestation that transfers from one tent to another and then just keep up on maintenance spraying... if they are not already established in your beg tent following these recommended steps should knock them out pretty quick and efficiently. one of the biggest things is a multi pronged attack/ rotating between different types of sprays every three days.

B

bench warmer

Thanks man. Good read (arguing aside).

I'll work in a spray of floramite well before switching to flower too.

Will also keep wiping the bleach solution each 3-4 days (plants removed first of course).

These mites don't stand a chance with the time effort & ammo at the ready.

I just want to eliminate the mites' opportunities of setting up camp in the veg tent, considering the proximity of both tents.

Fortunately, my vegetating plants are all looking healthy. Even the tortured Biker Kush v2.0 is looking much better than a short time ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts