What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Belladonna / Crazy Miss Hyde

cbotany

Hey guys, when I first started growing my friend (we no longer speak) used to grow Crazy Miss Hyde, I was kinda wondering what ever happened to Belladonna and Crazy Miss Hyde? If I remember they where on par with the new craze strains "cookies, runtz, ect ect) Did they just never take hold in the market? Does anyone still breed and work with these lines? Been thinking about picking up a pack of seeds, but wanted to hear from you guys! Thanks!

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club

might try here:)

all the best and be safe

Deilo

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Some of the older seed lines are still good. Whether they will be able to hold their own against cookies etc, is another thing. Cookies (the various cuts), runtz, the chem lines; are all cuts / clones of exceptional plants. Seed lines have been made with them by hybridising and outcrossing, but the original is a single cut. Belladonna and Crazy Miss Hide are seed lines with more variable outcomes.. Depending on the parents that are used now (god knows these seed companies don’t keep the original parental lines), some of the progeny will have a slim chance of being better than either parents. So, to answer your question, if it’s doubtful that a seed lines parents were on par with cookies etc, then the progeny most definitely won’t be. Also there’s the question of tolerance. Real cookies (the cut), for example, is far stronger than either of the seed lines you mention.

By the way, even though there’s seed lines in the EU called ‘cookies’, these are usually hybrids and a poor representation to the real thing.

There’s so many things to consider in your question.. For instance, the European scene versus the US scene. Now the US has opened up, their genetic material (in theory) should be better than anywhere since they have the freedom to select from large populations of plants.

Short answer is no :D It’s doubtful they can compete, but that doesn’t mean they’re not good. Soooo many factors in determining a good plant / seed line.

If you enjoy em, grow em, and who knows, maybe you will find a rocking plant in one of those seed packs that can compete. When all is said and done, it’s down to personal biology as to what’s strong and what’s not. Some 15% thc weed can hit like a ton of bricks and totally go against the common belief that high thc numbers anre obviously stronger.

Forgive my rambling

cbotany

Some of the older seed lines are still good. Whether they will be able to hold their own against cookies etc, is another thing. Cookies (the various cuts), runtz, the chem lines; are all cuts / clones of exceptional plants. Seed lines have been made with them by hybridising and outcrossing, but the original is a single cut. Belladonna and Crazy Miss Hide are seed lines with more variable outcomes.. Depending on the parents that are used now (god knows these seed companies don’t keep the original parental lines), some of the progeny will have a slim chance of being better than either parents. So, to answer your question, if it’s doubtful that a seed lines parents were on par with cookies etc, then the progeny most definitely won’t be. Also there’s the question of tolerance. Real cookies (the cut), for example, is far stronger than either of the seed lines you mention.

By the way, even though there’s seed lines in the EU called ‘cookies’, these are usually hybrids and a poor representation to the real thing.

There’s so many things to consider in your question.. For instance, the European scene versus the US scene. Now the US has opened up, their genetic material (in theory) should be better than anywhere since they have the freedom to select from large populations of plants.

Short answer is no :D It’s doubtful they can compete, but that doesn’t mean they’re not good. Soooo many factors in determining a good plant / seed line.

If you enjoy em, grow em, and who knows, maybe you will find a rocking plant in one of those seed packs that can compete. When all is said and done, it’s down to personal biology as to what’s strong and what’s not. Some 15% thc weed can hit like a ton of bricks and totally go against the common belief that high thc numbers anre obviously stronger.

Forgive my rambling
Honestly, I think belladonna/crazy miss hyde is more preferable to cookies/runtz I have access to alot of clone only strains through friends, but man, I'm just surprised you don't see these strains mentioned anymore, I'd rather have Belladonna so i can outbreed, but to me. I thought the popularity should still be there! (I'm in the usa)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
If I'm not mistaken, Thin mints, decarbed is around 18% thc? Where belladonna is around the same ball park?
But that’s my point, which plant in ten seeds might decarb to 18?? There will be vast differences between individuals, even in heavily inbred lines

cbotany

But that’s my point, which plant in ten seeds might decarb to 18?? There will be vast differences between individuals, even in heavily inbred lines
Its a pretty frosty plant bud, I'm not all about numbers but I do know I'd like to breed some out! I have a feral indian plant x skunk 1 who should have some males in the batch that would make an interesting cross :)

cbotany

I'm not trying to hate on cookies, but I think head to head veteran smokers would prefer belladonna, or crazy miss hyde to runtz, cookies, or thin mints. But I also like a more sativa "weirdness"

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Whatever works for you dude. Great that you’ve found seed lines you really enjoy. And I do get what you’re saying, numbers don’t always tell the entire tale. Some plants just hit different. I’m not a fan of the direction of the commercial market in the US right now either. You may not be able to get those seed lines for the simple fact that no one is asking for them. They’re old Dutch (Belladonna at least) lines. Things have naturally moved on.

cbotany

Whatever works for you dude. Great that you’ve found seed lines you really enjoy. And I do get what you’re saying, numbers don’t always tell the entire tale. Some plants just hit different. I’m not a fan of the direction of the commercial market in the US right now either. You may not be able to get those seed lines for the simple fact that no one is asking for them. They’re old Dutch (Belladonna at least) lines. Things have naturally moved on.
Trust me bud, Someone has to be working the lines, they're good. I'm just hoping to stumble upon someone on here still cloning/breeding with them. Crazy miss Hyde is still readily available, as well as belladonna to Europe, Maybe I can convince paradise to accidentally write usa instead of UK on a package ;) If you ever get a chance to try some take it! We had pretty good bud back in the 2010's .

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
@cbotany not sure what you are looking for from the cross you asked about

I have 10 or 15 of Franco's Lemon Cheese BX1

got them in a trade from a bean maker and have way more seeds than I can grow this lifetime

and these should be grown

PM/DM where to send them I am in New York

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

cbotany

@cbotany not sure what you are looking for from the cross you asked about

I have 10 or 15 of Franco's Lemon Cheese BX1

got them in a trade from a bean maker and have way more seeds than I can grow this lifetime

and these should be grown

PM/DM where to send them I am in New York

all the best and grow well

Dequilo
I'm extremely grateful for the offer, but i'm also in the same boat, I have a ton of seeds, but very little time, I'm really only looking for blue dream, and belladonna at the moment, I want to mend this wild indian (pulag feral from zomia) x Todds skunk 1 repro into something that just brings out the sativa weirdness and love it has to offer :) If you ever see anything you like or i mention don't feel like a stranger you can always reach out for seeds! I'm hoping to get licensed soon so i can grow more openly and show what i'm doing, but at the moment I'm still a grey market seed giver.

midwest

I grew the 20 years ago version of Belladonna...
Good crystal coverage and potency. Somewhat bland taste, I remember it as kind of cedar and herbal. It's been a long time though

Attachments

• user281_pic1846_1212625216.jpg
    user281_pic1846_1212625216.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 13
  • user281_pic1847_1212625216.jpg
    user281_pic1847_1212625216.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 13
  • user281_pic1848_1212625216.jpg
    user281_pic1848_1212625216.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 14
  • user281_pic1857_1212625290.jpg
    user281_pic1857_1212625290.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 11
  • user281_pic1851_1212625216.jpg
    user281_pic1851_1212625216.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 16

midwest

Thanks CBotany
There was a guy on CWorld named KingOfTheForest that swore by this strain. It wasn't one of my favs but I could tell there's good stuff in it.
It might be a good choice to outcross some of the Superskunk, sour, or giesel stuff out there today

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Trust me bud, Someone has to be working the lines, they're good. I'm just hoping to stumble upon someone on here still cloning/breeding with them. Crazy miss Hyde is still readily available, as well as belladonna to Europe, Maybe I can convince paradise to accidentally write usa instead of UK on a package ;) If you ever get a chance to try some take it! We had pretty good bud back in the 2010's .I trust your memory. I do t trust that the seed lines of today are anything like what they were. Sometimes you can get lucky and they’re only a few steps away from the original seed li e

I trust your memory, I don’t trust that the seed lines created that many years ago is the same as it was. Sometimes you can get lucky and they’re only a couple steps away. I’ve grown Dutch Dragon, All Kush and.. can’t remember the name but it was a blueberry cross. This was spanning from the 90s to 5 years ago (I live in the EU). They were ok.. I’ve given up trying to chase the highs I experienced that many years ago. Good luck with your search :)