What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Behind The Science

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

i did the thc &cbd test
my resulse
THC first & CBD secont
first 5 1-5 GG4,BB3,GT3,MC1,M1 The only 2 i know that should have CBD,S is #3 & #4
the last three THC First CBD secent
PHSD4, LGB1, K2 phsd4 had more thc than i though lgb1 had less thc than i though & k2 had about what i though.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Awesome! Thank you so much for posting your efforts. :D

I'm VERY curious to see if you could do a second round of CBD testing? I'm looking for a comparison in results between this test and the short-path test. I'm hoping it has a tiny bit more accuracy, allowing selection between plants to be easier.

I posted it here on icmag. 8-Minute CBD Test It only takes 35mg of dry or wet samples and can be done with both veg and flower material. Should you not be able to, no worries at all. :) Thank you. :D

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Awesome! Thank you so much for posting your efforts. :D

I'm VERY curious to see if you could do a second round of CBD testing? I'm looking for a comparison in results between this test and the short-path test. I'm hoping it has a tiny bit more accuracy, allowing selection between plants to be easier.

I posted it here on icmag. 8-Minute CBD Test It only takes 35mg of dry or wet samples and can be done with both veg and flower material. Should you not be able to, no worries at all. :) Thank you. :D

i also did another CBD test by adding a couple small pices of activated charcole in the bottles GT3 turned darker purple much quicker ,on the other hand MC1 when charcole was added turned it back sorta ligh green, i tried this one 2 times
same both times , im gona retest the cbd plants gt3,mc1 again with diffrent samples.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I was hoping to see tests done with a 1 dram vial, using the weights listed in the 8-minute test. You can find them at craft and prospector supply stores. Again, I understand it's a hassle, so if it's not something you can do simply and easily it's perfectly ok. :)

If anyone else is doing these tests and has access to the 8-Minute test materials, yes I would love to see side by side. Especially with the same sample materials for both. :)

Mystic Funk

Hi
First of all thanks for sharing and for the detailed explanation.

did you understand why this coloring?

I ' like to know where can I read the preparation with chloroform (even if toxic) and what changes adopting that..more accurate test or simply faster?

*Last questions are if can I dilute 99.9% isopropyl alcohol with distilled water to reach the process instructions correct concentration and if are there any alternative to synthetic vanillin by any chance.

Best regards and thanx again.

hey Sante!
i'm still not 100% sure why i got the green coloring but i have seen this again and i noticed it happened on plants that had high cannabinoids. my GG#4 and Double Dubb have very little if any CBD but very high THC near 30% and the other time was these Harlequin plants and i know one of them had high THC and high CBD but the only real way to tell what was going on here would be to send these samples off to a lab and have them broken down into each cannabinoid ratio so you can see what's going on.

this is why i think this test is so important to use at home if you plan to breed for cannabinoids. here's why, just because it doesn't tell you exactly what's in each sample doesn't mean it can tell you there's isn't something special about a given plant. when i get odd samples like this or a drastic color change i know to send these ones off to a lab and find out what makes it do this because there could be something rare about this plant, maybe it's high THCV or other odd cannabinoid. there's a few labs opening up near me that i will be able to find out so we'll have to wait and see...

if you would like to read about using chloroform in the test just search online for the[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Duquenois reagent test [/FONT]and it will layit all out in lap speak if you can understand it[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. you will also need all the appropriate [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lab equipment to be able to handle these dangerous chemicals so as to not gas yourself to death. think i'm kidding, if you open up the bottle of chloroform and let set out on the table as you work it can gas off and knock you out so fast you won't even know what hit you. it has zero odor so you can't even smell it coming. you have been warned....[/FONT]

the only reason you would want to use chloroform in this test is to extract 90% or higher of a given cannabinoid without discoloring the extract with any chlorophyll. it's the best way to make a pure extract but it comes with a price. you can't smoke it. lol

do not use water in any part of these tests other than to wash your hands after playing. there is no need to dilute anything with water. just use the 99% alcohol the way it is. if you would like to make the test less sensitive just cut you bud weight by half or less but keep the same amount of alcohol and the color change will be less drastic...with that extract...

i'm not sure if there is any substitute for the vanilla? why would you want to change this part of the test anyway????? are you having trouble finding it???

peace!
-mystic
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
First thread I have rated this decade. Thank you OP.

I first failed with weak acid, but have an impressive dark blue from my outdoors now. So dark, I will need to dilute it further before I can truly judge it beside others.

I would of never thought this could be so easy to accomplish. Thanks for making this work :)

Mystic Funk

First thread I have rated this decade. Thank you OP.

I first failed with weak acid, but have an impressive dark blue from my outdoors now. So dark, I will need to dilute it further before I can truly judge it beside others.

I would of never thought this could be so easy to accomplish. Thanks for making this work :)

That's great! I'm glad I could help. These tests are very valuable when breeding for cannabinoid ratios and it give you samples to compare.

Peace
Mystic

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over the weekend a friend and I used the thctestkit out of Oregon. We did both the "hot" (using lighter on glass plate, and the "cold" test (less steps.

Amazed at the percentage of hemp samples taken, high CBD. AC/DC was about 20% as noted from info received. The P3 was ~20 and info mentioned up to 22%.

Flip side, we tested Mullaways from Australia as I could not find any info. While high CBD (~12%) the thc was ~15-18%. Azure Rocket was ~20% thc, low on CBD (<1%) and a new strain we've developed an auto White strain seemed the same ~ 23% thc, 2% CBD.

I left my phone so pics taken by friend's phone. Will remind him to forward those today and post results of "cold" test, the preferred method (no lighter involved).

What I was disappointed in the thctestkit....not enough 2.5" x 5" glass plates with a white film. Kit said enough for 20 test samples. First test was 2 samples "hot". Made a few errors putting sample drops on the film, so not reliable. Cold test, managed 3 samples on the width of glass plate. Also, glass pipette was missing from test kit. We used diabetic syringes to get micro (2 ml) on plate.

I know I can purchase dye, developing liquid, etc. It's the glass plates I'll have to investigate.

Pics soon!

Dang! Will have to crop or adjust....Invalid file.

Last edited:

Im'One

Is there any way to order the lye without getting a huge amounts, or buying a methamphetamine precursors?

Fitzera

Is there any way to order the lye without getting a huge amounts, or buying a methamphetamine precursors?

I've picked up lye from hardware stores before. Its often used to make soap as well. Shouldn't be too hard to find I wouldn't think.

Latest posts

Latest posts