What's new

Beginner grow 400w hps

trombesyt

Hi ICMAG

Because of this boring sunday i thought i would show my grow.

Its actually my second grow, my first grow with 200w cfl was a faliure, i had 4 white widow plants wich gave a yield about 20-25g. I didnt put very much effort into it back then, and i wasnt incouraged to continue growing back then.

I bought a 400w hps with ballast from a friend, i bought a new lamp though, i wanted to be sure its okay.

I started out with 200w CFL in veg, a friend of mine provided me with a skunk nr. 1 plant wich i grew up and cut 12 clones from, i also took a little clone from another friends powerplant.

This is how it started out:
dsc00162ewc.jpg

Since I wasnt at home for the weekdays i made a watering system - its disconnected again because im home now so i might aswell just water them manually.

dcf2.jpg

Alright, so i thought it was time to set up the HPS lamp and get some plastic up and some fans.
storbox.jpg

The mother:

moderhps.jpg

And the ladies :)
overblik.jpg

I havent given them any nutrients yet because they have only been in the new soil for about 2 weeks. Its Biobizz all-mix soil and biobizz bloom + grow nutrients.

I was a bit concerned about the RH and temp, the humidity is about 45% and stable there now, at first it was down at 37%:\
the temp is about 28-30 celcius.

So guys, think im gonna have any luck this time ? what do you think?

looks good man. i am on my first grow but your setup is nice, are you growing them out regular or bushy or scrog, sea of green? from what i have read, for veg. only you may want to just put in a cool vapor humidifyer, RH around 80% seems to be the concensus on ideal. otherwise they look excellent and the mom is sexy... good luck! i hope you yeild more towards your goal this time around.

Mrpiston38

80% Humidity is high i dont kno what part of the world ur in but if i had to guess ur over seas. 45% is ideal . 80 will casue problems in flowering (MOLD) and bugs can or will be an issue to drop the RH, also from ur first pic a clean grow room is a happy growroom. just keep that in mind. otherwise looks good. 2 weeks in soil and if they gave a good foothold drop some veg nutes on the ladies and get them big quick. also LST works great for clones, since ther young and bendable now would be the time to get them trained. gl

Mr.p

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
At the very least, even if you avoid bugs & mold, 80% humidity is going to reduce resin production in my experience.

trombesyt

My first plan was to grow them in scrog, but since im unexperienced i thought the first time would be just plain growing, im topping them though.

humidity is a big issue for me, since its so cold outside i'm having a hard time controlling the RH. I have put in a bucket of water i hope that can vaporize and give a bit more RH.

A friend of mine who had a very high humidity during the bloom also had problems with very low resin production, so im thinking in 2 weeks when i make them bloom the humidity will be perfect for them

trombesyt

Update :)

Update :)

Hey Guys.

I decided it was time for a quick update on my grow.

Overall:
dcf1.jpg

The powerplant:
dcf2.jpg

Skunk No.1 top:
dcf3.jpg

All of them from the side:
dcf5.jpg

The setup:
dcf4.jpg

They been flowering for 3 days now, ill update again when the buds are begging to show themselves :)

Have a nice day!

flashog

Looking good trombe, although it looks like you don't have very much height, and you might run into problems if the plants grow too big. I assume you're already in 12/12?

trombesyt

Thanks, but yeah they are in 12/12 - the height of plants are about 50 cm, the growroom is about 170 cm heigh, if thats what you ment?
the lamp suspension is above the top plate of the room, so im able to pull it all the way up :)

Are you using the HPS for the whole grow? if so you might want to look into a Ceramic Metal Halide for your next grow. It has all the light spectrum you need for veg and flower. You already have the ballast, just switch bulbs and watch you buds grow.
Good luck!

trombesyt

Sloopy -> I have a 200w CFL i used for vegging.

Just had the plants out for a quick check today, i think they look great :)

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Great looking grow trombesyt, the girls are very lush and no deficiencies. Tell me though can you explain your odor control system? How is your fan attached to the filter? What kind of fan/filter are you using? I am growing in a very similar style to you, in a closet, and I want to go bigger but that would mean I need to get a scrubber going so can you explain that part of your setup for us? Thanks a lot!

trombesyt

Thanks noobian, the odor control system is quite simple, i bought it as a set with the fan and the filter.

I hung up the filter and besides that i hung up the fan sucking air through the filter and leading it out through some pvc duct.

it 240mh filter and 350mh pipe fan, i can upload a better picture of it tommorow if you want :)

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Thanks noobian, the odor control system is quite simple, i bought it as a set with the fan and the filter.

I hung up the filter and besides that i hung up the fan sucking air through the filter and leading it out through some pvc duct.

it 240mh filter and 350mh pipe fan, i can upload a better picture of it tommorow if you want :)

Pictures would defiintely be good, thanks!

trombesyt

Allright Noobian, heres a picture. I have photomerged in photoshop, its like 90 degree angle the picture. The PVC tubing leads into a box which i had to put up because i didnt had a long enough hose. The airflow is shown by the blue arrow.
ventilation.jpg

And a update:
overbn.jpg

trombesyt

Alright, i thought it was time for a little update on my grow. They been flowering for about 1½ week, had some timer troubles so i dont have a precise date for 12/12.

First of all a overview:
overblik.jpg

And a bit more:
siden.jpg

Flowering mother:
modertop.jpg

Skunk #1:
skunktop.jpg

And the PP i had out yesterday:
powerplantz.jpg

Please comment if you think its going the right way :)
Im very exited !